Flights between 2 airport that no other Flyertalker has ever done

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Flights between 2 airport that no other Flyertalker has ever done

Search this Thread

Old Mar 14, 2017, 8:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Between AUS, EWR, and YTO In a little twisty maze of airline seats, all alike.. but I wanna go home with the armadillo
Programs: CO, NW, & UA forum moderator emeritus
I flew BIBA-VEY in Iceland. It was run as a shuttle. Four of us gt there as they were loading up. but they only had three spaces left in the six seater operating the route so they told us to wait 15 minutes for the aircraft to return. When we got to Haemay, they asked us if we wanted to pay for our flight then or on our way back. The airline was Vestmannaeyjar Airlines, I believe. Sadly, they seem to have vanished. I note that nowadays another airline is flying this route (all 10 miles of it) three times a day.
Old Mar 14, 2017, 12:29 pm

Programs: UA GS, AA PLT, HH Diamond
I haven't seen these listed in the thread that I have done.

FOD-MCW-MSP on both Northwest and Delta
HFA-ETH on Arkia

I have a bunch of others that are on private planes, but won't count them here.
Old Mar 15, 2017, 4:29 pm

Programs: AA ExPlat, IHG Spire, Mariott Silver,A3 Silver
Perhaps SBZ-TSR on Carpatair a few years ago. Most of the rest of my flights that I can think of involve a major hub at one end. Something like VKO-HMA would probably be my next candidate, but it seems unlikely nobody would have flown that one.
Old Mar 15, 2017, 5:52 pm

As a kid, I remember flying YNG to CLE. At the time I lived in Liberty Twp, really close to YNG.
Old Mar 15, 2017, 8:38 pm

Programs: TK ELPL (*G), AS 100K (OWE), BA Gold (OWE), Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat, IHG Plat
I'm not too sure what will be unique, so I'll throw a bunch of routes I've flown and see what sticks:

NTG-PEK on ZH
HYD-IXE on SG
IXE-DXB on IX
KUL-LBU on MH
TIA-LJU on JP
SPN-ICN on OZ
FNJ-WOS on JS
LED-RIX on BT
GUM-SPN on UA
MNL-ROR on UA

I also have under my belt:
Originally Posted by dannysixpack
BOS-JFK
Originally Posted by UrbaneGent
PEK-ULN
ATH-SKG
Originally Posted by carole_d
PEK-FNJ
Originally Posted by PTahCha
KTM-BKK
PEK-ULN
Originally Posted by SIA747Megatop
DPS-DIL
Originally Posted by Ampelmann
PEK-FNJ
Originally Posted by happypoon
PEK-FNJ

Last edited by PVDtoDEL; May 26, 2018 at 9:47 pm
Old Mar 16, 2017, 1:36 pm

Nothing too outlandish but HIB-PSG
Old Mar 16, 2017, 5:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BAEC Gold, LH SEN, EK ex-Gold, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by PVDtoDEL
I'm not too sure what will be unique, so I'll throw a bunch of routes I've flown and see what sticks:
KUL-LBU on MH
SPN-ICN on OZ
GUM-SPN on UA
MNL-ROR on UA
Typical routes for traveling scuba divers. I could add MYY-LBU but that is also unlikely to be particularly unique.
Old Mar 16, 2017, 6:12 pm

Programs: TK ELPL (*G), AS 100K (OWE), BA Gold (OWE), Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by Maluku_Flyer
Typical routes for traveling scuba divers. I could add MYY-LBU but that is also unlikely to be particularly unique.
I hadn't realized that LBU was a diving destination. I took a look at some of the pictures.. Looks like a very cool place to dive ^

Last edited by PVDtoDEL; Mar 16, 2017 at 6:19 pm
Old Mar 16, 2017, 7:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BAEC Gold, LH SEN, EK ex-Gold, IHG Plat
I hadn't realized that LBU was a diving destination. I took a look at some of the pictures.. Looks like a very cool place to dive ^
Don't know where you looked, but if you looked at Google images for "Labuan diving" a lot of those images are actually from the vicinity of Labuan Bajo (Indonesia) and the pictures are from Komodo National Park.

Labuan (Malaysia) has a number of really nice wreck dives (Cement wreck, American wreck, etc.) and critter dives. Not all that much in terms of reefs. After 2-3 days you've pretty much seen it. And it's time to move on to other great dive sites in Sabah. The LBU-BKI ferry is a good option if you want to travel right after diving.
Old Mar 19, 2017, 3:07 am

Programs: QF Plat, VA Plat, BA Gold
KUL-LBU on MH
SPN-ICN on OZ
BNE-ROK on QF
GUM-SPN on UA

I also have under my belt:
I'll take those ones!
Old Mar 28, 2017, 9:04 am

Programs: AS G75K, UA Silver
This is mine: SMA-BOS on an A310

Was the result of a diversion but still think it was pretty cool, even the arrivals boards at BOS showed Santa Maria.
Old Mar 31, 2017, 10:14 am

HLG-ZZV Lake Central DC3
Old Apr 2, 2017, 3:54 am
ksu

Programs: SAS EBD/ *G
Originally Posted by rwoman
I'm sure there are a few of us who've flown DXB-KBL and vice versa.

One of my more uncommon routes was TZX-MZR (flown r/t twice).
I presume TZX-MZR was on a military charter where the first leg came from Northern Europe? I've also flown TZX-MZR several times (3 R/T AFAIK) on this flight, as well as the predecessor to KBL (which in the beginning flew XXX-SAW-KBL-TZX-XXX). I do not know whether this military charter still flies (less demand with daily Emirates and Turkish flights to KBL).

Of related routes I have flown on DFS DXB-OAI and OAI-KBL. Tickets were sold publicly, but AFAIK only to military/government staff or official contractors.

I've also flown MMZ-KBL, MMZ-MZR, MZR-KBL and MZR-UND R/T

As for Scandinavian routes, I'm somewhat surprised that the only listings have been mainline routes such as OSL/TOS-LYR, SVG-ABZ and ARN-KIR, with only passing mention of routes like CPH-RNN and OSL-SRP Living in Norway, it's no point for me to list all the smaller airports I have travelled to in this country, but I am surprised that routes like HFT/TOS-HAA have not been mentioned, nor KKN/HFT-BVG, HAA (Hasvik) and BVG (Berlevåg) being two of the airports in Norway with daily scheduled service with the least number of passengers.

Pride of place on my list must be NVK-BOO, however, as NVK (Narvik) was closed as a commercial airport yesterday (travellers to Narvik usually use EVE (Harstad/Narvik Evenes) in any case).

Last edited by ksu; Apr 2, 2017 at 4:08 am
Old Apr 2, 2017, 1:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Back in Reds Country (DAY/CVG). Previously: SEA & SAT.
Programs: DL PM 1MM, AA PLAT, UA Silver, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by CosmosHuman
As a kid, I remember flying YNG to CLE. At the time I lived in Liberty Twp, really close to YNG.
This reminds me of the scene from Tommy Boy where the one character goes to the "Sandusky Airport" and wants to get a ticket to "Cuyahoga Falls" and the ticket agent informs her that she'll have to connect in Cleveland. Can't imagine that'd be efficient from a time or cost perspective

Originally Posted by ksu
I presume TZX-MZR was on a military charter where the first leg came from Northern Europe? I've also flown TZX-MZR several times (3 R/T AFAIK) on this flight, as well as the predecessor to KBL (which in the beginning flew XXX-SAW-KBL-TZX-XXX). I do not know whether this military charter still flies (less demand with daily Emirates and Turkish flights to KBL).

Of related routes I have flown on DFS DXB-OAI and OAI-KBL. Tickets were sold publicly, but AFAIK only to military/government staff or official contractors.

I've also flown MMZ-KBL, MMZ-MZR, MZR-KBL and MZR-UND R/T
I have quite a few from my deployment:
NGU-SNN-KWI-IUD
(Norfolk Naval Air Station to Shannon, Ireland to Kuwait to Al Udeid Air Base, Qatar on the charter flight, Omni Air)

IUD-OAI
(Al Udeid to Bagram Air Base, on a C-17)

OAI-KDH-OAI
(Bagram to Kandahar and back - down on a C-17, back on one of the contractor-operated Dash 8s)

OAI-OKAS-IUD with an overnight on a C-17 at OKAS
(OKAS: Ali Al Salem, Kuwait)

IUD-RMS (charter flight, Omni Air)

Also had numerous Blackhawk and Chinook flights criss-crossing Afghanistan to KBL and various FOBs, along with several flights on the contractor operated helos as well.

As a unique route I have DEN-DEN and then DEN-SPS-DEN (Wichita Falls, TX) on a Champion Air 727. The only time I've had a "diversion" - we took off out of DEN and the aircraft had an issue with its pressurization system. We turned around and landed back at DEN. A couple hours later the problem had been fixed and we departed to SPS.
Old Apr 3, 2017, 9:12 am

Programs: AA Explat, SPG Gold, HH Gold
CRL-RYG
Charleroi, Belgium to Rygge Norway, paid 9 Euro for the 2 hour FR flight. Moss airport (RYG) has since been shut down due to Ryanair pulling out after the new Norwegian travel tax last year.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.