Community
Wiki Posts
Search

favorite dumb pax comments

Search this Thread

Old Jul 29, 2011, 5:35 am

Programs: BA Gold | SK Gold | A3 Gold
Not so much comments, but actions.

This guy across the aisle spent the entire flight with his headphones plugged into the power socket. Assuming he couldn't hear anything anyway, I don't know why he kept them on for 4 hours!
Old Jul 29, 2011, 7:09 am

Programs: Aeroplan
Originally Posted by ung1
Not so much comments, but actions.

This guy across the aisle spent the entire flight with his headphones plugged into the power socket. Assuming he couldn't hear anything anyway, I don't know why he kept them on for 4 hours!
Might they have been noise-cancelling headphones? Don't need to be listening to anything for them to be useful.
Old Jul 29, 2011, 7:11 am
Original Poster

Programs: Delta PM, Marriott Plat, Hertz Pres
Originally Posted by Gogie
Might they have been noise-cancelling headphones? Don't need to be listening to anything for them to be useful.
Was thinking that myself, however most are battery powered, so unless they were totally dead theres no reason to have them plugged in
Old Jul 29, 2011, 7:38 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA 2MM Yay!, UA MM, Costco General Member
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_4 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8K2 Safari/6533.18.5)

Originally Posted by xolinlevh
Originally Posted by Gogie
Was thinking that myself, however most are battery powered, so unless they were totally dead theres no reason to have them plugged in
One Bose model had rechargeable batteries. Not sure if you actually plugged in the headphones to charge them though.
Old Jul 29, 2011, 8:43 am

Programs: SPG GOLD
After explaining to a friend that her Alaska Air flight from LAX-MIA was a code share and actually operated by American Airlines she still showed up to the wrong terminal and missed her flight. Fortunately American was nice enough to put her and a friend on the next flight departing about 30 minutes later.
Old Jul 29, 2011, 8:54 am

I was at the first class check in at LGA and the person in line in front of me strides to the front with a real DYKWIA attitude and announces he is on a flight leaving in about 30 minutes. The agent says that isn't much time and he says, that is okay we are in first class and hands the agent a print out of the itinerary. She looks at it and says, "sir, this flight is out of JFK, you will have to go there for rebooking, next in the first class line please".
Old Jul 29, 2011, 9:00 am
Original Poster

Programs: Delta PM, Marriott Plat, Hertz Pres
Originally Posted by GadgetFreak
I was at the first class check in at LGA and the person in line in front of me strides to the front with a real DYKWIA attitude and announces he is on a flight leaving in about 30 minutes. The agent says that isn't much time and he says, that is okay we are in first class and hands the agent a print out of the itinerary. She looks at it and says, "sir, this flight is out of JFK, you will have to go there for rebooking, next in the first class line please".
HA, epic! what was his reaction?
Old Jul 29, 2011, 9:11 am

Originally Posted by xolinlevh
HA, epic! what was his reaction?
He stood to the side staring at the printout for a while and then got out his cellphone and started talking to someone, probably telling them he was going to be bit late
Old Jul 29, 2011, 10:28 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, National Executive
Originally Posted by beta1607
After explaining to a friend that her Alaska Air flight from LAX-MIA was a code share and actually operated by American Airlines she still showed up to the wrong terminal and missed her flight. Fortunately American was nice enough to put her and a friend on the next flight departing about 30 minutes later.

Did she get stuck in a middle seat 10 rows from her companion and pester people to trade seats?
Old Jul 29, 2011, 10:38 am
Suspended

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Fairmont Platinum, Aeroplan Diamond, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold
I don't know if this was out of the ordinary..

I was checking in for my UA flight a couple days ago and asked the Executive First check-in agent while he was dealing with another passenger check-in.. Amex Plat member.. can we check-in with Executive? He said no..

Then after he was done.. he called me over and asked.. United Platinum you? and I said no Aeroplat Amex.. he didn't say anything.. proceeded to check me in.. and we ended up getting Economy Plus in the 8th row.^
Old Jul 29, 2011, 11:46 am

Programs: SPG GOLD
Originally Posted by Gamecock
Did she get stuck in a middle seat 10 rows from her companion and pester people to trade seats?
HAHAHA! Thankfully the flight they got on was pretty empty and I think they managed a whole row for the two of them
Old Jul 29, 2011, 12:41 pm

Programs: AA LT PLT (3.6+ MM), UA 1K LT Gold, Hilton LT Diamond, Bonvoy Gold.
Originally Posted by Foxhat
Until they get on a Saab 340 or a Beech 1900. Always a thrilling ride
And then the try and get into a Cessna 150 and find they don't even fit.....
Old Jul 29, 2011, 12:42 pm

Programs: UA Premier Platinum; Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by beta1607
I love the parking lot frogger from T2 to T4.
Old Jul 29, 2011, 1:11 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by jhayden
2) I'm in security at FLL, the line is about 10min long. I'm next in line and some guy with wife and 3 kids (strollers!!!!) comes up and pushes to the front and says: "We have a plane to catch."

Because the rest of us are there for the Terminal 2 Cinnabon.

Best part: he gets "randomly selected for additional screening" as the people he cut pass right by. I'd like to say I didn't snicker, but I am not that strong of a person
I don't know how often you fly out of FLL but I usually fly out of the US Airways terminal and they pretty much always pull families with small kids out of line and frequently/always pull people running late to the front of the line. So this guy may have just been asking for that, or may have been used to that procedure at other terminals there if it isn't common to all the security checks.
Old Jul 29, 2011, 7:48 pm

Programs: UAL SPG Hyatt
SNA - SJC (or the other way round hop) ...

Honest to goodness question to FA from a ~20-something year old ... "Can we open any windows to get some air in? Kind of stuffy in here."

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.