Reload this Page >

favorite dumb pax comments

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

favorite dumb pax comments

Search this Thread

Old Aug 3, 2011, 1:06 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Platinum, AAdvantage Gold, Air Canada Elite, Avis Pref Select, Hertz Gold,
Originally Posted by uoficowboy

I get the reasons people don't like them - but there are also some reasons to *love* WN.
+1

I also get what people don't like. And I don't disagree with them. There's more than a few things about WN that bug me.

But the fact of the matter is that in 30 years of biz travel, I've gotten to sit exactly where I want (which usually involves having an empty seat next to me) about 80-90% of the time on WN. The legacies....even when I had status...never came close to that.
Old Aug 3, 2011, 1:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,
Originally Posted by uoficowboy
I've only recently started flying WN - so it's possible that my information is inaccurate. But I've had 6 legs (three one ways) - and on all 6 flights I had exit rows or bulkheads. Many of those have been middle seats - but a middle exit row or bulkhead is 10x better than an aisle anything else.

In fact, on the last flight I was on, I flew STL-MDW and got on nearly last and nabbed an exit row middle seat (the row that doesn't have a window seat). When everybody got off the plane, I nabbed a bulkhead window, and then the middle seat next to me was either among the last three seats to be taken.
Ok makes sense then if you are in a middle seat. I thought you meant exit aisle or window, If you are willing to take a middle exit row, you should be able to reserve that with Delta as well, unless a medallions companion has already taken that seat. I don't remember the middle exit row being a blue seat on the delta seat map when choosing a seat.

The middle bulkhead probably would be the last one taken on WN, unless it was an earlier boarder with a companion in the aisle or window bulkhead. Most flyers don't like the middle seat and by the time it's only empty middle seats the bin space above the bulkhead is long gone. Last weekend when I flew WN on a free ticket, I was in the a-40's and the aisle and middle bulkhead were available, and I would have taken the aisle but the first few bins were already full from the people that threw their bags in the first open bin and I didn't want to deal with trying to push my way back a few rows to get get my bag after landing, plus I wouldn't have been to have been able to be the first one off the plane either.
Old Aug 3, 2011, 3:05 pm
Moderator: Hilton Honors forums

Originally Posted by Redhead
Generally that's how it works, survivors, by definition, don't die
I realize that.

In the spirit of the topic of this thread, what I posted was intentional.
Old Aug 3, 2011, 3:33 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Gamecock
My Father-in-law give my DW a $100 Southwest gift card. He is an AA PLT, my DW is an A GLD.

I just looked at it wondering what the heck he was thinking.
I got one of those from my boss a few years back for Christmas. He asked me "Who do you prefer to fly? American or Southwest?" At the time I was AA Plat so I said AA. He of course got me the Southwest one
Old Aug 6, 2011, 6:04 am

Programs: Delta Silver, HH Gold, Accor Gold, IHG Platinum
My mom while I was booking a flight.
I wanted to fly a KLM B733 as they're kind of rare and I've flown the E190 before. "Mom I'll take this flight because it has a special aircraft" "Why? Does it only have one wing?".
Old Aug 6, 2011, 7:23 am

Pax behind me was asking the girls beside him why their iPod was connected to the IFE system. He thought the port could unlock hidden features like internet access or something.
Old Aug 16, 2011, 7:46 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, National Executive
Just overheard on an American Eagle CRJ-700 F cabin flight from CLT-LGA:

"This is a reward seat, I used miles for this flight!"

Excuse me? You spent 25K miles to fly F on a 500 mile flight? I wouldn't admit that to anyone.
Old Aug 17, 2011, 5:45 am

Programs: A3*G, UA Gold EY Silver
Originally Posted by Gamecock
Just overheard on an American Eagle CRJ-700 F cabin flight from CLT-LGA:

"This is a reward seat, I used miles for this flight!"

Excuse me? You spent 25K miles to fly F on a 500 mile flight? I wouldn't admit that to anyone.
Maybe they're connecting onwards?
Old Aug 17, 2011, 7:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,
Originally Posted by Palal
That's what I was thinking as well. The eagle flight was probably a connection and they were either travelling onward or were connecting from a long flight from someplace else and were in first the entire flight.

If someone used miles to fly in first for a 500 mile flight then I think it's safe to say they aren't on FT
Old Aug 17, 2011, 1:23 pm

Programs: United MileagePlus
Okay, this didn't happen on a plane, but it could have:

I was on a cruise a while back and one of the stops was in Haifa, Israel. A group of passengers came back after a full day of seeing the sights and sat down at a table near where I was checking email. They were commenting on all the things they'd seen and one of them turns to the others and says, "You know, there sure were a lot of Jewish people there!"

Old Aug 17, 2011, 2:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: CX, DL, Nexus/GE, APEC
Originally Posted by spaceflyer
Okay, this didn't happen on a plane, but it could have:

I was on a cruise a while back and one of the stops was in Haifa, Israel. A group of passengers came back after a full day of seeing the sights and sat down at a table near where I was checking email. They were commenting on all the things they'd seen and one of them turns to the others and says, "You know, there sure were a lot of Jewish people there!"

Remind me of the time I was in Beijing, Tiananmen Square, heard Southern drawl "where did all these Chinese came from?"
Old Aug 17, 2011, 8:19 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, National Executive
Originally Posted by Palal
Nope, just going to the Big Apple.
Old Aug 17, 2011, 8:35 pm

Programs: LH Senator, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by KLflyerRalph
My mom while I was booking a flight.
I wanted to fly a KLM B733 as they're kind of rare and I've flown the E190 before. "Mom I'll take this flight because it has a special aircraft" "Why? Does it only have one wing?".
ROFLMFAO!!!
your mom rocks!

Few days ago, flying back to ORD from NRT on ANA. While strolling around the common area, two Chinese (with heavy beijing/curled tongue accent) said the following...
A: where can i open the window
B: why would you want to do that?
A: I have lots of phlem, and want to hawk a huge loogie to spit!
B: Let me see... hmmm (they really were looking, and almost turned the knob to open the door, got me nervous a bit, until an FA came around, and they went back to pretend as nothing happened)..
B: I can't find it, why dont you just spit in the toilet
A: It's no fun that way, I want to see my loogie land on the plane behind us, maybe on the windshield

Sometimes, I am glad I am not from China... really! Aside from the dumb comments, that was disgusting, and lack of public manner if you think of it.

Ewww

Last edited by flyhen; Aug 17, 2011 at 8:41 pm
Old Aug 18, 2011, 12:10 am

sitting amonst a huge group of young military personnel getting to know each other from rdu to dfw:

young military dude 1: why you join the marines?
young military dude 2: it was the first table i walked up to on career day.
Old Aug 18, 2011, 7:24 am

Programs: DL GM, Marriott PP, Avis Something or other
Originally Posted by wdogg
sitting amonst a huge group of young military personnel getting to know each other from rdu to dfw:

young military dude 1: why you join the marines?
young military dude 2: it was the first table i walked up to on career day.
Not unusual, I don't think. I ended up joining the Navy (for 30 years) because the Air Force recruiter was gone to lunch when I got there.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.