Wiki Posts
Search

favorite dumb pax comments

Search this Thread

Old Aug 1, 2011, 11:19 am

Programs: A3*G, UA Gold EY Silver
Originally Posted by dinoscool3
You can use your phone immediately after landing so your seat mate was wrong
Well, not immediately, but as soon as you're off the active runway. This brings up another point: all those idiots who applaud after landing even though they don't know if plane will stop before the runway runs out. I'm always amazed
Old Aug 1, 2011, 1:29 pm

Programs: AA EXP, IHG Spire, National Exec Elite, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Palal
This brings up another point: all those idiots who applaud after landing even though they don't know if plane will stop before the runway runs out. I'm always amazed
So I take it you've landed in Israel before?
Old Aug 1, 2011, 3:38 pm

Programs: kayaker
Originally Posted by stdatwmu
Or most places in Europe. Or sometimes in South America.
Old Aug 1, 2011, 3:47 pm

Location: Catania, Sicily/South Jersey (PHL)/Houston, Texas/Red Stick/airborne in-between
Programs: United Global Svs, AA PlatPro, WN RR, AZ/ITA Freccia, Hilton Diam, Bonvoy Gold, Hertz Prez, IHG
Originally Posted by chessman
I was well aware of that; she was not. Perhaps "violating the rules" would have conveyed the thought more appropriately.
In Italy, and much of Germany for example you cannot use your phone until the plane has taxied to the gate and the door is open. But your point is well taken for the North American flights you mentioned.
Old Aug 1, 2011, 4:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by emma69
The best was 'ohhhh it is just like Paris!' Her friend said 'I didn't know you'd been to France'. To which she replied 'Oh no, I haven't, but I've seen it in the movies!'
I love it!
Old Aug 2, 2011, 12:51 am
Suspended

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Fairmont Platinum, Aeroplan Diamond, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by Palal
Well, not immediately, but as soon as you're off the active runway. This brings up another point: all those idiots who applaud after landing even though they don't know if plane will stop before the runway runs out. I'm always amazed
I noticed the applause happening when we landed in LAX 4 days ago.. little did most passengers know that we'd be stuck in international US customs for 3 hours..
Old Aug 2, 2011, 6:26 am

Programs: A3*G, UA Gold EY Silver
Originally Posted by stdatwmu
Twice this year. The flights themselves (from BCN) were surprisingly quiet though, much quieter than what I was expecting based on past experiences. On one flight though someone decided to make themselves comfortable in my exit row seat when I went to the bathroom. I offered it to him for 50€ when I returned. He, of course, declined .

Or most places in Europe. Or sometimes in South America.
Depends on the airline, really. Although some Brazilians did applaud when I landed at GRU in June.

Here's an article describing exactly what I mentioned.

Last edited by Palal; Aug 2, 2011 at 6:31 am
Old Aug 2, 2011, 10:16 am

Programs: spirit elite, MRgold Hilton Gold
This winter I was on a flight clt to MYR, and there were a bunch of spoiled rich girls who go to the local college for spoiled rich kids. Coming back to school from break from somewhere in the Northeast. It was one of those weeks this winter when weahter was wreaking Havoc in the NE and had played havoc on their travel plans. They of course blamed the airline the whole flight(luckly its a short hop) When getting off the plane one girl said to the other."I'm going to get my money back for this flight because my Mom is going to call the airline"
Old Aug 2, 2011, 11:04 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Location: Either at the shooting range or anywhere good beer can be found...
Originally Posted by beachbrew
This winter I was on a flight clt to MYR, and there were a bunch of spoiled rich girls who go to the local college for spoiled rich kids. Coming back to school from break from somewhere in the Northeast. It was one of those weeks this winter when weahter was wreaking Havoc in the NE and had played havoc on their travel plans. They of course blamed the airline the whole flight(luckly its a short hop) When getting off the plane one girl said to the other."I'm going to get my money back for this flight because my Mom is going to call the airline"
Yes, because having mommy call the airline is going to do a lot... Although, it was probably mommy and daddy's money that paid for the flight.
Old Aug 2, 2011, 1:49 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Remember the early Star Alliance livery where a section of each airline's scheme was on the aircraft?

http://www.airliners.net/photo/Star-...96e7fe198d2340

I actually thought the airline represented had their own seats in that part of the cabin (UA seats under the UA paint, LH seats in the LH paint etc.).
Old Aug 2, 2011, 2:09 pm

Originally Posted by beachbrew
This winter I was on a flight clt to MYR, and there were a bunch of spoiled rich girls who go to the local college for spoiled rich kids ... They of course blamed the airline the whole flight(luckly its a short hop) When getting off the plane one girl said to the other."I'm going to get my money back for this flight because my Mom is going to call the airline"
Clear results of not having enough knowledge & bad parenting
Old Aug 2, 2011, 2:51 pm

I had a new employee tell me that he didn't like our corporate airline choices of AA or UA, and that he'd much rather fly WN. After slapping him repeatedly to bring him to his senses, I calmly explained that only hillbillies and Texans fly WN. After gaining status on a real airline for the first time later that year, he understood how wrong he had been.
Old Aug 2, 2011, 4:04 pm

Originally Posted by brendog
I had a new employee tell me that he didn't like our corporate airline choices of AA or UA, and that he'd much rather fly WN. After slapping him repeatedly to bring him to his senses, I calmly explained that only hillbillies and Texans fly WN. After gaining status on a real airline for the first time later that year, he understood how wrong he had been.
I can imagine how this worked. Sitting in a small, cold room tied to a chair. "You do not like Southwest!" "But they have open seating!" SMACK "You do not like Southwest! They have no first class or lounges! Say it!"
Old Aug 2, 2011, 4:38 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Delta PM, Marriott Plat, Hertz Pres
Originally Posted by cmn.jcs
I can imagine how this worked. Sitting in a small, cold room tied to a chair. "You do not like Southwest!" "But they have open seating!" SMACK "You do not like Southwest! They have no first class or lounges! Say it!"
ha, ive had to do a few of those type of interventions on my family over the years
Old Aug 2, 2011, 5:33 pm
Suspended

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Fairmont Platinum, Aeroplan Diamond, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by brendog
Originally Posted by cmn.jcs
LOL! An interogation to convince someone to come to their senses..

Ah well.. we've all had moments in our lives where we change our mind after we were shown better green on the other side of the fence.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.