Community
Wiki Posts
Search

favorite dumb pax comments

Search this Thread

Old Jul 22, 2011, 3:24 pm

Programs: Non-status bottomfeeder
Originally Posted by drbobguy
Saw a woman not long ago trying to go through security with two one-liter bottles that were frozen! She argued at length that TSA regulations only prohibited liquid items, and that ice as a solid was exempt.
I've brought ice cream through security before.

The friendly CATSA agent said cheekily "It's okay, it's not a liquid; yet."
Old Jul 22, 2011, 4:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: CX, DL, Nexus/GE, APEC
Originally Posted by zoobtoob
I've brought ice cream through security before.

The friendly CATSA agent said cheekily "It's okay, it's not a liquid; yet."
Big difference, you are dealing with CATSA and not TSA.
Old Jul 22, 2011, 5:01 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, National Executive
Heard in a car circling a DFW parking lot:

DW: "Dad, we're going to miss the plane, just drop us off at the terminal."
FIL: "Don't worry, they'll hold the plane. They know there are no parking spaces."

(DW won out)
Old Jul 22, 2011, 5:29 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold 75K, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
While sitting in my exit row seat settling in for a red eye SEA-ORD, two boisterous and drunken clods came barreling down the aisle. The first coherent words out of the larger's mouth, "I thought getting loaded was supposed to make us sleepy."

They proceed to sit directly across from me in B and C then continue to be talkative drunks. The booze didn't make them sleepy but it sure made them oblivious.
Old Jul 22, 2011, 9:02 pm
Suspended

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Fairmont Platinum, Aeroplan Diamond, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by WillTravel4Food
While sitting in my exit row seat settling in for a red eye SEA-ORD, two boisterous and drunken clods came barreling down the aisle. The first coherent words out of the larger's mouth, "I thought getting loaded was supposed to make us sleepy."

They proceed to sit directly across from me in B and C then continue to be talkative drunks. The booze didn't make them sleepy but it sure made them oblivious.
Were those guys tanking up in first before realizing they were supposed to be in coach?
Old Jul 22, 2011, 9:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,
Originally Posted by Ancien Maestro
Were those guys tanking up in first before realizing they were supposed to be in coach?
Or at the skyclub
Old Jul 22, 2011, 9:42 pm
Suspended

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Fairmont Platinum, Aeroplan Diamond, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by jamesteroh
Or at the skyclub
Yes.. or at the skyclub..
Old Jul 23, 2011, 5:40 am

Programs: AS MVP Gold 75K, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
I think they used up the last of their per diem in the terminal. People laughed at the comment, but nobody was laughing an hour into the flight.
Old Jul 23, 2011, 7:42 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by WillTravel4Food
I think they used up the last of their per diem in the terminal. People laughed at the comment, but nobody was laughing an hour into the flight.
Using up credits is a good thing.. the suffering comes later..
Old Jul 23, 2011, 11:17 am
Suspended

Not sure if it is this thread, but now I have been listening for dumb comments and heard this one yesterday from the middle aged couple behind me during turbulence:

Her: "Why does it get bumpy? I mean, what is it?"
Him: "It happens when the pilot lets go of the steering wheel"

I sure hope those people have a care-giver.
Old Jul 23, 2011, 5:12 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by pinworm
Not sure if it is this thread, but now I have been listening for dumb comments and heard this one yesterday from the middle aged couple behind me during turbulence:

Her: "Why does it get bumpy? I mean, what is it?"
Him: "It happens when the pilot lets go of the steering wheel"

I sure hope those people have a care-giver.
Hmm.. sounds like the guy is saying jokes to his better half? Probably to keep it light?
Old Jul 23, 2011, 7:43 pm

Hmm.. sounds like the guy is saying jokes to his better half? Probably to keep it light?
In the interest of maintaining my faith in humanity I certainly hope so.
Old Jul 23, 2011, 7:56 pm

Programs: LH Senator, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by xolinlevh
CHS airport this morning in line for the TSA rape. Woman behind me "I dont have to show them any ID, show me where it says that"
*Points to sign saying "please be prepared to show valid photo ID"*
woman - "Dont get snippy with me"
happened to (around) me once!

Woman (lets not mention the race here, although it's very stereotypical): I aint showing them ..... They should know who I am, they are not gonna get to look at my drivers lisence!
Random travel man: Almost broke out laughing, but managed to hold it back at the last minute!
Woman: Are you laughing at me sir? What's your problem?
Man: Quitely pointing at the sign that said valid ID..etc
Woman: Are you trying to be a smartass? You think I dont know? They aint seeing my god damn ID.
Man: Suit yourself, I can't wait to see what will happen next.
Woman: Start getting upset and just about to lauch into a tirade.
Man: Point at the sign again, and said "I can't help you if you can't even get your ABCs right." Then swiftly darted into the TSA check.
Woman: Start screaming "I will sue your ... for making fun of me like that, once I get over this check point, I am gonna hurt you!"
TSA: Mamm, please step aside, you are posing danger to other passengers, we can't let you through. Can I see some ID please...

By that time, I past my check and was laughing (audibally) as many other passengers. Oh man, her look was murderous!
Old Jul 23, 2011, 7:58 pm

Programs: OZ Diamond, UA Gold
Originally Posted by flyhen
happened to (around) me once!

Woman (lets not mention the race here, although it's very stereotypical): I aint showing them ..... They should know who I am, they are not gonna get to look at my drivers lisence!
Random travel man: Almost broke out laughing, but managed to hold it back at the last minute!
Woman: Are you laughing at me sir? What's your problem?
Man: Quitely pointing at the sign that said valid ID..etc
Woman: Are you trying to be a smartass? You think I dont know? They aint seeing my god damn ID.
Man: Suit yourself, I can't wait to see what will happen next.
Woman: Start getting upset and just about to lauch into a tirade.
Man: Point at the sign again, and said "I can't help you if you can't even get your ABCs right." Then swiftly darted into the TSA check.
Woman: Start screaming "I will sue your ... for making fun of me like that, once I get over this check point, I am gonna hurt you!"
TSA: Mamm, please step aside, you are posing danger to other passengers, we can't let you through. Can I see some ID please...

By that time, I past my check and was laughing (audibally) as many other passengers. Oh man, her look was murderous!

Hahaha! I broke out laughing at this one!
Old Jul 23, 2011, 10:04 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by hedur
In the interest of maintaining my faith in humanity I certainly hope so.
Albeit.. these may be one of the treasured secrets to long and happy marriages..

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.