Reload this Page >

favorite dumb pax comments

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

favorite dumb pax comments

Search this Thread

Old Jul 24, 2011, 9:28 am

While on a business trip to India, I was taking a domestic flight which had a group of first time fliers.

Two classic scenarios happened:

1. After we reached cruising altitude, one guy flagged down an FA and asked when oxygen masks would be given (as in served).

2. It was an evening flight. We were about to land and one guy noticed the headlights (wing lights) from the window but couldn't figure out the lights source. Confidently he told his friend "Hey I can see the lights from a plane behind us".
Old Jul 24, 2011, 9:36 am

Programs: LH Senator, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
Got another one~

Wife and I were fiying out of VIE from a friend's wedding this Jan. And for those of you been there, you probably remember they have the luggage "wrapping" service for 8euros. A russian dude wrapped it, and later found out he needed something, apparently clueless, he asked the person wrapping it to "unwrap" it, and got really upset when he couldn't get his money back...

and the VERY same dude, who was with a family, had about 4-5 pieces of medium size luggages (they were too big for overhead bin anyways), walked straight to the security point, and when the securities asked them to go to the counter to check it in, they were clueless. Not much of a scene, but the look on their face was pretty funny, like a baby eyes wide-opened, looking at you. Haha.
Old Jul 24, 2011, 11:15 am
Suspended

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Fairmont Platinum, Aeroplan Diamond, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by flyhen
Got another one~

Wife and I were fiying out of VIE from a friend's wedding this Jan. And for those of you been there, you probably remember they have the luggage "wrapping" service for 8euros. A russian dude wrapped it, and later found out he needed something, apparently clueless, he asked the person wrapping it to "unwrap" it, and got really upset when he couldn't get his money back...

and the VERY same dude, who was with a family, had about 4-5 pieces of medium size luggages (they were too big for overhead bin anyways), walked straight to the security point, and when the securities asked them to go to the counter to check it in, they were clueless. Not much of a scene, but the look on their face was pretty funny, like a baby eyes wide-opened, looking at you. Haha.
Sounds like a first time flyer..

Although I can see that anyone could want to get stuff out of the luggage all of a sudden remembering, or want to stuff more in the suitcase..
Old Jul 24, 2011, 11:57 am

Programs: WN A+ CP, UA 1MM/*A Gold, Mar LT Tit, IHG Plat, HH Dia
Originally Posted by WIRunner
in honour of this thread I think I am going to start making stupid pax comments of my own. Just need some ideas...
I've deliberately made "stupid pax comments" to add humor to dull or tense situations. For example, when the FA is routinely asking everyone if they know how to find their seats, and the aircraft is not a 747 or 380, I reply that I'm on the upper deck. Or on a small aircraft, "I'm in 44H".

A few others I've used:

- The question about transcons taking 6 hours longer one way than the other (mentioned upthread)
- "My window doesn't open!" / "When did they do away with window screens?"
- I ask for a ridiculously complex drink (the last one was "Frozen pina colada made with fresh coconut cream, garnished with a sprig of mint") in first class and "settle" for a beer instead. It's funniest when it gets my fellow passengers going!
Old Jul 24, 2011, 1:11 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, National Executive
Originally Posted by jamesteroh
The reason they have so few complaints, is that WN offers NOTHING to complain about. They don't offer international service, so no complaints there.

They don't offer upgrades, so people can't complain about that. They offer no food service, so people can't complain about that. No IFE, so they can't complain their IFE system didn't work.

They don't interline baggage, so again no complaints there.
Actually, there is plenty to complain about. See the bold text.
Old Jul 24, 2011, 4:52 pm

Programs: AB Platinum (AB4EVA), IHG Diamond, Dominos Gold
Originally Posted by darthbimmer
when the FA is routinely asking everyone if they know how to find their seats, and the aircraft is not a 747 or 380, I reply that I'm on the upper deck. Or on a small aircraft, "I'm in 44H".

- I ask for a ridiculously complex drink (the last one was "Frozen pina colada made with fresh coconut cream, garnished with a sprig of mint")
[^ Raph likes this]
...oh wait, this isn't facebook.

I'm going to try those!
Old Jul 24, 2011, 7:53 pm

Got to the gate this morning shortly before boarding began, just in time to hear a lady say:

"Will people with iPhones be boarding before first class?"

I'm sure that it was related to an e-boarding pass, but it still made me chuckle. When the GA said no, the woman started complaining to everyone around her.
Old Jul 24, 2011, 7:57 pm
Suspended

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Fairmont Platinum, Aeroplan Diamond, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by Gamecock
Actually, there is plenty to complain about. See the bold text.
The bolded comments are not dumb comments.. actually quite legit.
Old Jul 24, 2011, 8:48 pm

Programs: OZ Diamond, UA Gold
Originally Posted by akonradi
Got to the gate this morning shortly before boarding began, just in time to hear a lady say:

I'm sure that it was related to an e-boarding pass, but it still made me chuckle. When the GA said no, the woman started complaining to everyone around her.

Rofl!
Old Jul 24, 2011, 9:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,

I wonder if it was the same kettle I encountered a few weeks ago at DTW that thought she should be allowed access to the sky priority lane because she had an iphone boarding pass
Old Jul 25, 2011, 2:09 am
Suspended

Programs: AAdvantage Gold
hmm, wonder if that will become a feature of the next iPhone after the next iPhone? Just imagine Steve Jobs announcing something like that...
Old Jul 25, 2011, 2:18 am

Programs: DL PM, UA PS, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by bniu
hmm, wonder if that will become a feature of the next iPhone after the next iPhone? Just imagine Steve Jobs announcing something like that...
With all the Android users acting as gate lice
Old Jul 25, 2011, 2:38 am
Suspended

Programs: AAdvantage Gold
Originally Posted by CMK10
A few years ago I was flying a PHX-ORD flight and the woman next to me kept muttering "this is the longest flight EVER". I think it clocked in as under 3 hours...what a whiner!
Tell her to fly EWR-SIN, a 19.5 hour flight
Old Jul 25, 2011, 7:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,
Originally Posted by jamesteroh
I wonder if it was the same kettle I encountered a few weeks ago at DTW that thought she should be allowed access to the sky priority lane because she had an iphone boarding pass
Sorry by SP lane, I was talking about the tsa screening line not at the boarding gate. Had a kettle a few weeks ago at DTW who thought they could use the priority security lane because they had an Iphone boarding pass
Old Jul 25, 2011, 7:46 am

Not a comment but an action that boggled my mind:

A few years ago we invited my brother and his family to visit and watch the 4th of July fireworks on The Mall with us. My brother travels alot, but his family doesn't, so I did everything I could to prep them. For example, I warned them that the Metro would be a sardine can and to hold tight to the kids when exitting/entering the train cars. Sister in law is a huge control freak and insisted on holding everybody's Metro tickets. After DH and I got passed the exit gates, we had to wait for the family to come through as they were having problems. The gates wouldn't open when SIL swiped the cards. More precisely one kid got out, but everybody else was held "hostage". We called over the station manager to help her. Turns out she was swiping the same card for each person.

I was too polite to say it out loud, but I wondered what possessed her to think that would work. As in, if the system gives you separate cards to get IN, you probably shouldn't try to use one card to get out. Duh. (Need a forehead-slap emoticon.)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.