FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Travel Tools (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/travel-tools-701/)
-   -   Flighty - A new Flight Tracking app for iOS (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/travel-tools/1892347-flighty-new-flight-tracking-app-ios.html)

Cyberpower678 Sep 25, 2023 9:51 am

BTW, I just got a notification that the plane for LH 429 on May 4 has been changed to an A320, but Flighty hasn’t picked up on it. Anything you can do to look into what’s happening here?

Cyberpower678 Sep 28, 2023 6:18 am

flightyryan I have a small issue with the Lock Screen widgets. A friend of mine added a flight that's set to fly tomorrow, and despite the Lock Screen widget being enabled to show Friends' flights, it's still only showing my next flight in 140 days.

UPDATE: I think there is a bug here that's happening only on the iPhone. It's working fine on the iPad. I attempted to uninstall and re-install the Flighty app, but no matter what I do, the Lock Screen widget only shows my next flights, and not the actual next flight, currently one of my friends is flying tomorrow. The Home Screen/desktop widgets work fine on all devices. The iPad lock screen widget also fine, so this is only happening on the iPhone.

flightyryan Sep 28, 2023 5:53 pm

Originally Posted by Cyberpower678 (Post 35619389)
flightyryan I have a small issue with the Lock Screen widgets. A friend of mine added a flight that's set to fly tomorrow, and despite the Lock Screen widget being enabled to show Friends' flights, it's still only showing my next flight in 140 days.

UPDATE: I think there is a bug here that's happening only on the iPhone. It's working fine on the iPad. I attempted to uninstall and re-install the Flighty app, but no matter what I do, the Lock Screen widget only shows my next flights, and not the actual next flight, currently one of my friends is flying tomorrow. The Home Screen/desktop widgets work fine on all devices. The iPad lock screen widget also fine, so this is only happening on the iPhone.

and you’re aware of the setting in flighty settings to include or exclude friends flights from the widget?

Duuckiie Sep 29, 2023 2:38 am

BA1318 today showing incorrectly as cancelled.

Cyberpower678 Sep 29, 2023 4:50 am

Originally Posted by flightyryan (Post 35621246)
and you’re aware of the setting in flighty settings to include or exclude friends flights from the widget?

yes. It’s currently enabled.

Cyberpower678 Sep 30, 2023 8:14 pm

Originally Posted by flightyryan (Post 35621246)

no matter what I do, toggle on and off, reboot, reinstall, a combination of them, it will only show my upcoming flights instead of my friends happening much sooner than mine. Again mentioning it appears to be isolated to my iPhone 13 Pro Max

flightyryan Sep 30, 2023 8:22 pm

Originally Posted by Duuckiie (Post 35621990)
BA1318 today showing incorrectly as cancelled.

Originally Posted by Cyberpower678 (Post 35626333)
no matter what I do, toggle on and off, reboot, reinstall, a combination of them, it will only show my upcoming flights instead of my friends happening much sooner than mine. Again mentioning it appears to be isolated to my iPhone 13 Pro Max

Could yall kindly report bugs via the in-app Help Center please?

That will lead to proper triage and reporting, including anonymous logs that are critical.

Cyberpower678 Oct 2, 2023 6:19 am

Originally Posted by flightyryan (Post 35626345)
Could yall kindly report bugs via the in-app Help Center please?

That will lead to proper triage and reporting, including anonymous logs that are critical.

done

Cyberpower678 Oct 6, 2023 6:37 am

flightyryan I have encountered an issue with my subscription. Might I DM you with the details of what is happening?

flightyryan Oct 6, 2023 8:15 am

Originally Posted by Cyberpower678 (Post 35641351)
flightyryan I have encountered an issue with my subscription. Might I DM you with the details of what is happening?

All support requests really need to go through the proper channels. I won’t be able to help without the anon logs anyway.

Cyberpower678 Oct 6, 2023 9:02 am

Fair enough, though I doubt the logs would be needed here in this case.

TobiD87 Oct 6, 2023 9:16 am

Dear flightyryan,

I’m still trying your app and have two points

Are you able to show the reason for delayed / canceled flights? In Europe your able to receive a complaint for these flights in some cases ;-)

I flew Qatar airlines now - your app isn’t helpful with Qatar :-( it’s showing only the gate in advance. Are there some updates possible? (For European flights it’s possible to see the airplane reg in advance now - with FR24)
2nd issue - I’m flying QR834 next Monday and tracking this flight. Today the flight were delayed for 7 hours (aircraft change incl) the app is only showing “on time” and “plane is still at the gate” because QR just put an A to the flight number.

LoungeGuide Oct 6, 2023 12:44 pm

Android

I am so excited to get this software as soon as it is available for Android. I will be happy to be a beta tester and customer!

Thanks

long legs Oct 6, 2023 11:03 pm

After I installed the Beta Version I noticed that Flighty, by itself, added old flights back to 2014, some of which I never took. I am not sure which Beta Version did that because I don’t frequently scroll down to very past years.

Can you explain to me how Flighty finds that old information? Does it scan email accounts for past flights and add them automatically?

Cyberpower678 Oct 8, 2023 3:08 pm

Originally Posted by long legs (Post 35643751)
After I installed the Beta Version I noticed that Flighty, by itself, added old flights back to 2014, some of which I never took. I am not sure which Beta Version did that because I don’t frequently scroll down to very past years.

Can you explain to me how Flighty finds that old information? Does it scan email accounts for past flights and add them automatically?

Probably imported from your calendar.