FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Travel Tools (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/travel-tools-701/)
-   -   Flighty - A new Flight Tracking app for iOS (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/travel-tools/1892347-flighty-new-flight-tracking-app-ios.html)

shaown Jul 8, 2023 7:14 am

Thanks ! Realized my problem on 1. Was no iCloud Drive on my work laptop :(
2. Cool - gives me confidence to keep loading some older flights ;)

My Passport has 456 flights from 2015-2023 ;)
-Shaown

flightyryan Jul 8, 2023 7:51 am

Originally Posted by BKft (Post 35289060)
Hello. maybe you will find these useful as well. Been using the app since day 1,

Hey sorry for the delay, missed this nice post.

1) Totally true! Great call.
2) We find that it's still useful!
3) Because that would create an infinite rabbit hole you could open infinity flights inside flights! There's ways around it, but just FYI that's why. :) But you sound quite educated on this stuff so maybe you'll find that reply interesting. We will eventually.
4) That's interesting! Because you included the "when does it matter" and a use case I can totally see how it matters. So you basically need the text to be "Estimated Gate Arrival changed from 6:50am to 7:50am", because you need to know the *latest* delta? And why can't you look at the very top of the flight to see the crossed out time and latest time?

Features
Nerdy! Love it. Just to verify, the core uses are:
- Aircraft notes about best/worst seats
- Flight notes about runway landed
- Airport notes about lounge location, wifi, food, shower
- Airports notes about tram, walking, which terminal has baggage

Thanks again for the lovely and helpful reply.

PuddleHopper Jul 23, 2023 11:12 am

Lifetime family user here with about 2 years of usage and generally really enjoying the app. Really like the Passport addition, stats are cool. UX/UI is also great.
My biggest gripe is that half of my support requests are never answered, and if they are, they only address about half of the issues I list in those requests.
I would like to be able to turn off alerts for Friend's flights. An Apple Watch app would be a huge plus as well.

Aselwyn Jul 23, 2023 11:43 am

Originally Posted by PuddleHopper (Post 35437517)
Lifetime family user here with about 2 years of usage and generally really enjoying the app. Really like the Passport addition, stats are cool. UX/UI is also great.
My biggest gripe is that half of my support requests are never answered, and if they are, they only address about half of the issues I list in those requests.
I would like to be able to turn off alerts for Friend's flights. An Apple Watch app would be a huge plus as well.

same i have sent in a bunch of issues overtime and frequntly they just go unanswered and still unresolved.

flightyryan Jul 23, 2023 12:13 pm

Hey yall, sorry to hear this, let's see.

1. If you are talking about the Report Data Issue button at the bottom of each flight, sounds like we should clarify the expectations there – those will not receive individual replies. We use that to look for large patterns among huge data sets – such as Ryan Air, or IST, or arrival times in X region. And even then, only some of them are within our control and fixable by us short-term. Many of them are long terms fixes – like getting Ryan Air to be better at submitting data, or getting certain antennas in certain airports. We've been collecting big data on this for years now, and working on the long lead time fixes.

2. If you are talking about the Send Feedback area in Settings, then over 95% of emails are answered. Now, the answer may not *seem* helpful, but many times it is the best we can do when we are pulling data that we don't own or control from so many places, it is fleeting data (the thing you report may be fixed within minutes), impossible to track down (eg. why did X flight report Y very nuanced thing for 2 minutes), etc.

Thoughts? @PuddleHopper @Aselwyn

PuddleHopper Jul 23, 2023 12:32 pm

Thanks for clarifying expectations for individual flight reports flightyryan. In the past I spent a considerable amount of my time sending info, screenshots, and explanations for flights I had major issues with.
I have 8 of them in my sent items (I sent them via email to crew@..) and only 1 got an actual response. At some point I just stopped making the effort of sending those as I figured no one is looking at my emails.
Perhaps when an issue is filed, an autoresponder can inform users that their info is received and will be looked into but no individual responses will be received, so they are informed about it. This way it's clear.

On the other hand, really looking forward to "soon big stuff ;)" according to the app update notes :)

flightyryan Jul 24, 2023 2:39 pm

1 of 8 is no good. PM me your email address. If you can send them via the app itself, that includes required (often) logs about the flight.

Here is the teaser for what's launching tomorrow btw:

user2946363 Jul 25, 2023 2:54 am

Originally Posted by flightyryan (Post 35441012)
1 of 8 is no good. PM me your email address. If you can send them via the app itself, that includes required (often) logs about the flight.

Here is the teaser for what's launching tomorrow btw: https://twitter.com/flightyapp/statu...67416771575810

What time exactly will it release? I have a flight tomorrow and want to see if I can benefit from this update.

YYZPolarBear Jul 25, 2023 11:07 am

Just updated to the new version... looks sweet!

TobiD87 Jul 25, 2023 3:34 pm

Hopefully I'm right here with my question.

I'm planning some trips to Middle East an Asia, mostly with Qatar Airways, Malaysia Airways and AirAsia.
Can I use the PRO-Features with these airlines? especially the inbound tracking / 25 hours tracking.

YYZPolarBear Jul 25, 2023 3:36 pm

Originally Posted by TobiD87 (Post 35444183)
Hopefully I'm right here with my question.

I'm planning some trips to Middle East an Asia, mostly with Qatar Airways, Malaysia Airways and AirAsia.
Can I use the PRO-Features with these airlines? especially the inbound tracking / 25 hours tracking.

I've got it set up for upcoming trips with QR and PG, seems to be working ok.

PuddleHopper Jul 27, 2023 5:22 am

Cool update on the iOS app! Will there be an update for the Mac app coming soon?

flightyryan Jul 27, 2023 6:52 am

Originally Posted by PuddleHopper (Post 35448293)
Cool update on the iOS app! Will there be an update for the Mac app coming soon?

It’s always at parity. You can update now in the Mac App Store.

TobiD87 Jul 31, 2023 3:04 pm

Dear flightyryan,

I'd like to buy a monthly family plan. The app offers only yearly, weekly and lifetime subscription. Is it a mistake?

flightyryan Jul 31, 2023 3:26 pm

Originally Posted by TobiD87 (Post 35460148)
Dear flightyryan,

I'd like to buy a monthly family plan. The app offers only yearly, weekly and lifetime subscription. Is it a mistake?

Monthly has been retired in favor of Weekly. We thought people would appreciate the best time/cost ratio of that plan, but they didn’t.