FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Travel Tools (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/travel-tools-701/)
-   -   Flighty - A new Flight Tracking app for iOS (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/travel-tools/1892347-flighty-new-flight-tracking-app-ios.html)

keitherson Sep 14, 2021 1:21 am

As much as I want to buy a Lifetime Membership, I've previously been burnt buying Flightboard and FlightTrack by Mobiata which was discontinued a few years after that was purchased many years ago. And those were small purchases--though I can't remember the specific amount, not a $250 lifetime membership that Flighty is asking. And FlightTrack at the time was possibly the best app for tracking flights on iOS.

I hope you guys consider maybe putting a sale or adjusting the pricing.

flightyryan Sep 14, 2021 7:34 am

Originally Posted by keitherson (Post 33566106)
As much as I want to buy a Lifetime Membership, I've previously been burnt buying Flightboard and FlightTrack by Mobiata which was discontinued a few years after that was purchased many years ago. And those were small purchases--though I can't remember the specific amount, not a $250 lifetime membership that Flighty is asking. And FlightTrack at the time was possibly the best app for tracking flights on iOS.

I hope you guys consider maybe putting a sale or adjusting the pricing.

How often do you fly? What’s wrong with the annual sub to try it for a year?

FlightTrack is legendary! Also over a decade ago when all apps were $1-2 and it was $5-10. We have advanced quite far since then and expectations are much higher.

flightyryan Sep 20, 2021 5:41 pm

3 Attachment(s)
We just released Flighty v2.0! https://apps.apple.com/app/id1358823008

Flighty 2.0 is the Super App that combines every flight features you need with the design you love. No more switching between apps.

# 3D GLOBE
See everything in a new dimension. Check out your past flights in 3D.

# GROUND RADAR
40% of taxiing includes a delay* but no one shows you that – until now!

# PROXIMITY RADAR
See the planes around you and where they’re headed. Tap Zoom-In to auto-follow your plane.

# LIVE-STREAMING EVERYTHING
Every plane you see is live! Coverage is worldwide.

All new features are free. Works on iPhone, iPad, and Mac.

Please report any issues you find. And I'd love to hear what the FT community thinks of the new features.

Free Download: https://apps.apple.com/app/id1358823008

*Taxi delay date from 2004-2019 USA Bureau of Transportation Statistics

georgetasioulis Sep 21, 2021 1:13 am

Originally Posted by flightyryan (Post 33583577)
We just released Flighty v2.0! https://apps.apple.com/app/id1358823008

Congrats on your new release! (works fine with iOS 15 btw :)

If there's a feature request list anywhere, I'd like to ask for CSV import support - particularly from OpenFlights. I got all my past flights since 2004 there, and it would be great if I could import them into Flighty
(OpenFlights > TripIT > Flighty as suggested above does not work since tripit doesn't do CSV import and OpenFlights can only Import from TripIt, not Export to it)

flightyryan Sep 21, 2021 9:36 am

Originally Posted by georgetasioulis (Post 33584210)
Congrats on your new release! (works fine with iOS 15 btw :)

If there's a feature request list anywhere, I'd like to ask for CSV import support - particularly from OpenFlights. I got all my past flights since 2004 there, and it would be great if I could import them into Flighty
(OpenFlights > TripIT > Flighty as suggested above does not work since tripit doesn't do CSV import and OpenFlights can only Import from TripIt, not Export to it)

Thanks! Glad you like it!

Yep, openflight sync is a consideration on our list. I added your vote. +1

Jprod Oct 26, 2021 10:02 pm

Any chance there will be data such as ground speed and elevation for us aviation geeks?

flightyryan Oct 27, 2021 5:57 am

Originally Posted by Jprod (Post 33678184)
Amy chance there will be data such as ground speed and elevation for us aviation geeks?

Certainly it’s on the plans, I’ve added your vote.

flightyryan Feb 15, 2022 9:30 am

👋 Hey yall, we are giving away 10 FREE FOR LIFE Flighty Pro accounts for taking our 4 minute survey. You don't have to be a Flighty user.

- 10 winners (5 most helpful and 5 random)
- Tell us about your flying, pain points, and wants
- Takes 4 minutes. Works great on mobile.

https://form.typeform.com/to/GxFP0WNE

Cheers!

jugaadkabaap Feb 25, 2022 9:28 pm

Originally Posted by flightyryan (Post 33993844)
👋 Hey yall, we are giving away 10 FREE FOR LIFE Flighty Pro accounts for taking our 4 minute survey. You don't have to be a Flighty user.

- 10 winners (5 most helpful and 5 random)
- Tell us about your flying, pain points, and wants
- Takes 4 minutes. Works great on mobile.

https://form.typeform.com/to/GxFP0WNE

Cheers!

Good initiative to collect feedback. Are the results announced ?

flightyryan Mar 22, 2022 6:11 pm

Yep the winners were notified personally! And tweeted publicly from my personal twitter account if you wanted to see behind the scenes.

JALsnipe Mar 31, 2022 8:58 am

Hey Ryan. Love Flighty and have been using it since launch. I'm even a lifetime Pro member. I use it to track all my flights and really appreciate the notifications and details provided for all my trips.

Do you have a insider/beta/TestFlight program that I can enroll in for early access to new features? Thanks!

flightyryan May 5, 2022 12:11 pm

Originally Posted by JALsnipe (Post 34123775)
Hey Ryan. Love Flighty and have been using it since launch. I'm even a lifetime Pro member. I use it to track all my flights and really appreciate the notifications and details provided for all my trips.

Do you have a insider/beta/TestFlight program that I can enroll in for early access to new features? Thanks!

We do. It's very small and entirely based on quality and depth of feedback. So pretty much the only way is to provide repeated stellar feedback as a normal user, then we invite you.

Stellar means:
1. 80% ideas, suggestions, context about unaddressed flying pain-points.
2. 15% testing the new stuff we release thoroughly
3. 5% data issue reporting, and super good documentation when you do

Most people do 99% #3.

flightyryan May 5, 2022 12:13 pm

BTW we just released:

New aircraft data source. tail number specs are 99.99% accurate now.

Separate section for Friends' Flights, to get the same great tracking, but not affect your stats

Calendar import - trivial to import a ton of flights

Igene Jul 29, 2022 11:09 pm

Originally Posted by flightyryan (Post 34224154)
BTW we just released:

Separate section for Friends' Flights, to get the same great tracking, but not affect your stats

Any thoughts on turning off notifications for friends flights? I see the use case to have them enabled (picking up or dropping) but... often times I have them in flighty to be aware, but not to be notified.

Would also love a TestFlight to test the new "Live Activities" of iOS16, that will be really cool to see how you implement that!

flightyryan Aug 26, 2022 3:06 pm

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by Igene (Post 34470688)
Any thoughts on turning off notifications for friends flights? I see the use case to have them enabled (picking up or dropping) but... often times I have them in flighty to be aware, but not to be notified.

Would also love a TestFlight to test the new "Live Activities" of iOS16, that will be really cool to see how you implement that!

Ya turning off Friend's Flights notifications totally makes sense – we will definitely get to it.

Right now we are prioritizing Lock Screen Widgets and Live Activities, exactly like you said these are going to be a big deal.

Here's a widget sneak peak. 😎