FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Travel Tools (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/travel-tools-701/)
-   -   Flighty - A new Flight Tracking app for iOS (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/travel-tools/1892347-flighty-new-flight-tracking-app-ios.html)

maarstad Feb 5, 18 9:06 am

Flighty - A new Flight Tracking app for iOS

Hi,
after searching for a flight tracking app to use after FlightTrack we decided to take it into our own hands and build the most powerful and beautiful app ourselves.

We are a group of designers, developers, and flight nerds creating @FlightyApp

To make sure we don’t only build what we want but also what you want it would help us a lot if you could take our 3 min survey on flightyapp.com.
In doing so, you can gain beta access to our exciting new app and a chance to win free Flighty for life.

Any questions, please reach out either here on FlyerTalk or at Twitter or Facebook.

We really appreciate your feedback.

Thanks,
Markus & the Flighty team.

quick_dry Feb 5, 18 7:09 pm

one thing I forgot to add in the survey: make sure the app isn't restricted to specific versions of iOS. I see lots of apps that flag themselves as requiring the latest iOS, but there are very few times they actually need it.

automapic Feb 7, 18 9:33 am

I completed the survey and would love to be a beta tester ;-)

Pseudo Nim Mar 24, 18 12:43 pm

Yup. I'd love to beta test too. I'm still on the fence about Flight Update Pro, so I'd be more than happy with a different app.

[edit] went to fill out the survey but looks like it's gone already. Doh!

barracuda93 May 22, 18 1:57 am

Is there still a chance to become a beta-tester? Also interested to get “free-for-life” subscription (and contribute from my side to app improving for that).
Have been a user of TripIt Pro for some years, but got disappointed with their product vs pricing and [lack of] support. Currently using AppInTheAir:

https://armarium.org/u/2018/05/22/09...5fac0b9801.png

BThumme Jul 18, 18 11:07 am

Did we ever get anywhere on here? Haven't heard anything in multiple months.

barracuda93 Jul 19, 18 9:37 am

Looks like it's dead.

long legs Aug 6, 18 10:56 am

Did anybody ever see the beta that was promised 6 months ago?

maarstad Aug 6, 18 11:54 am

Hi! Thanks for your continued interest in Flighty. The app is right now in Alpha, and we will begin public beta-testing in September. Sorry for the delay and lack of updates.

BThumme Aug 6, 18 12:11 pm

Originally Posted by maarstad (Post 30053743)
Hi! Thanks for your continued interest in Flighty. The app is right now in Alpha, and we will begin public beta-testing in September. Sorry for the delay and lack of updates.

Please do make sure you give us some updates when you can. As you see, a lot of us are still hungry for a good replacement.

flyerwma Aug 15, 18 1:16 pm

The link on your website to get email updates is broken. Can you fix please. Thx.

Aselwyn Aug 22, 18 9:04 pm

looks like its fixed i just signed up would love to get in the Alpha got a pretty big trip during the last half of September lots of airlines and flights so would be great have in addition to my current AppInTheAir

barracuda93 Aug 28, 18 11:58 am

Originally Posted by Aselwyn (Post 30118079)
looks like its fixed i just signed up would love to get in the Alpha

What exactly got fixed though?

Aselwyn Aug 28, 18 12:43 pm

"The link on your website to get email updates is broken."

is what i am referring to

flightyryan Jul 6, 19 1:09 pm

Hi all! Just wanted to say: WE MADE IT!

We made it through the 1.5 years of bootstrapping ourselves and the stress of making a meaningful product that solves real issues and isn't just a pretty face.

We think launch will be soon (weeks not months) and obviously I will post here when it is. (As you found out you can also sign up on website to get a download link when we launch.)

I think FT is going to love it and I foresee spending lots of time here getting killer honest feedback. So cheers to many more...