ExpertFlyer.com Help Desk Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 14, 2015, 12:53 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: 747FC
The ExpertFlyer support by email is at [email protected]

This is a community-maintained wiki, it is not necessarily endorsed by ExpertFlyer.

--------------------

Searches currently not working:
  • Upgrades - AY, BA, EK, EY, IB, QR, VS
  • Awards - AY, BA, IB, EY, QR, VS

To search AA upgrades:
  • Use the Award & Upgrade tool
  • Only search for individual segments (set the "Connection Preference" drop-down to "Direct/Non-Stop only"). Flight results that are part of a connection won't show the upgrade version of C or A inventory because AA only files upgrade inventory as individual, not married, segments. (Married segments show revenue inventory instead of upgrade inventory.)
  • To avoid confusion, check the "Exclude Codeshares" box, as AA awards and upgrades are not valid on codeshares.

Print Wikipost

ExpertFlyer.com Help Desk Thread

Search this Thread

Old Apr 12, 2023, 5:11 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold 75K, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
Maybe for some of you it's losing value with int'l fares. But for me, they saved me US$875 this week. I received notification a desired flight had award space in the right fare class and was able to add the flight to an existing award. I was able to cancel the paid positioning flight and saved the cash. So thanks to EP I've recovered my annual subscription fee plus a bit more.

Do I think it's a perfect system? No. I wish they could get JL awards in there, and valid awards with connections would sure be nice. But they saved me money, and that's my priority.
Old Apr 22, 2023, 11:39 am

I have tried to set up award searches for JL Business or First space using AA miles.

The problem; it always finds space because AA now makes space available on most days... at crazy prices... 300,000 miles one way. So alerts are of no help.

Is there a way to limit a search to saver space only?
Old Apr 22, 2023, 2:29 pm
Left Expert Flyer 4/23

Originally Posted by Global321
I have tried to set up award searches for JL Business or First space using AA miles.

The problem; it always finds space because AA now makes space available on most days... at crazy prices... 300,000 miles one way. So alerts are of no help.

Is there a way to limit a search to saver space only?
EF doesn't have access to JL award space, so you aren't able to setup an alert for that regardless of what AA does. Also, if you're searching for award inventory on JL operated flights, AA doesn't control that, JL does, so AA making award space available on most days for their own flights doesn't factor into JL award inventory anyway.
Old Apr 22, 2023, 2:45 pm

Originally Posted by ExpertFlyer Voice
EF doesn't have access to JL award space, so you aren't able to setup an alert for that regardless of what AA does. Also, if you're searching for award inventory on JL operated flights, AA doesn't control that, JL does, so AA making award space available on most days for their own flights doesn't factor into JL award inventory anyway.
I think you are saying you cant use EF to search for saver award space. correct?
Old Apr 22, 2023, 3:44 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold 75K, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
I think you are saying you cant use EF to search for saver award space. correct?
No. You can't use EF for any JL inventory, regardless of which FF program you are using to access that inventory. The JL award inventory isn't available to EF, and therefore you will never see that space. If you want to see the JL award space, you need to look at your FF program's website. That's the only way you will see what JL inventory is available to your FF program. As far as award space in other fare classes in any FF program, I can't don't know.
Old Apr 22, 2023, 5:56 pm

Originally Posted by WillTravel4Food
No. You can't use EF for any JL inventory, regardless of which FF program you are using to access that inventory. The JL award inventory isn't available to EF, and therefore you will never see that space. If you want to see the JL award space, you need to look at your FF program's website. That's the only way you will see what JL inventory is available to your FF program. As far as award space in other fare classes in any FF program, I can't don't know.
Hmmm.... so the fact that EF will set up an alert for JL space and send you an alert it found JL space is a glitch.
Old Apr 22, 2023, 6:59 pm
Left Expert Flyer 4/23

Hmmm.... so the fact that EF will set up an alert for JL space and send you an alert it found JL space is a glitch.
If the class code you set an alert for is visible in the Flight Availability search then it's not an award class. JAL's award classes are A,U,P,T (First thru Econ).
Old Apr 22, 2023, 8:01 pm

Originally Posted by ExpertFlyer Voice
If the class code you set an alert for is visible in the Flight Availability search then it's not an award class. JAL's award classes are A,U,P,T (First thru Econ).
Huh? I set it for award class. I think we get the message you are sending.
Old Apr 23, 2023, 10:11 am
Left Expert Flyer 4/23

Huh? I set it for award class. I think we get the message you are sending.
We don't have JL award classes, that's why JL is not listed in the Award & Upgrade search. If you need further help please email us directly and let us know what class code you're creating the alert for along with the flight info thanks.
Old Apr 26, 2023, 11:03 am

United seat maps are not working as of early this morning.
Old Apr 26, 2023, 11:49 am

Originally Posted by tromer
United seat maps are not working as of early this morning.
All good now. I waited over six hours to post. After posting, they started working again within half an hour.
Old Apr 26, 2023, 1:56 pm
Left Expert Flyer 4/23

UA had an issue with its seat maps this morning, our reservation system notified us that the issue was fixed.
Old Apr 29, 2023, 3:05 am

I have recently joined expertflyer and I have the following questions:
  1. I want to find a business class reward ticket on *alliance. Am I looking for class "I" fares only, or is there any other class that can be attributed to a reward ticket?
  2. Why in the majority of the flight legs the class "I" is totally missing? Does this mean that it may not show up in the future?
  3. In "flight availability", when I search for *alliance companies and excluding code shares, I get results from Emirates, Qatar and Qantas. Any chances of getting only *alliance companies in the results page?
Thank you in advance.
Old Apr 29, 2023, 11:31 am

Programs: AA Gold, UA, DL
Why does this happen?

EF showed 7 seats available on 2 connecting flights for upgrades. Bought tickets and when I went to do the upgrades only one flight had available sets now. However, back to EF it still shows 7 seats available for those connecting flights. When I separated the flights out and did a search on EF the first flight I booked shows 0 seats available for upgrades. So why is there that discrepancy? The flights are bookable as connecting flights on AA. Thanks for the help.
Old May 1, 2023, 7:03 am

Originally Posted by andr3s1t0
I have recently joined expertflyer and I have the following questions:
  1. I want to find a business class reward ticket on *alliance. Am I looking for class "I" fares only, or is there any other class that can be attributed to a reward ticket?
  2. Why in the majority of the flight legs the class "I" is totally missing? Does this mean that it may not show up in the future?
  3. In "flight availability", when I search for *alliance companies and excluding code shares, I get results from Emirates, Qatar and Qantas. Any chances of getting only *alliance companies in the results page?
Thank you in advance.
You will not see award classes in the "flight availability" listing. You must use "awards & upgrades" link where you must search by specific airline (ie, you cannot search for award on all *A at one time). The actual class-of-service could vary across airline, it will be shown in the results for the awards & upgrade search. I do think that most *A are using "I" for business class.
andr3s1t0 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.