ExpertFlyer.com Help Desk Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 14, 2015, 12:53 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: 747FC
The ExpertFlyer support by email is at [email protected]

This is a community-maintained wiki, it is not necessarily endorsed by ExpertFlyer.

--------------------

Searches currently not working:
  • Upgrades - AY, BA, EK, EY, IB, QR, VS
  • Awards - AY, BA, IB, EY, QR, VS

To search AA upgrades:
  • Use the Award & Upgrade tool
  • Only search for individual segments (set the "Connection Preference" drop-down to "Direct/Non-Stop only"). Flight results that are part of a connection won't show the upgrade version of C or A inventory because AA only files upgrade inventory as individual, not married, segments. (Married segments show revenue inventory instead of upgrade inventory.)
  • To avoid confusion, check the "Exclude Codeshares" box, as AA awards and upgrades are not valid on codeshares.

Print Wikipost

ExpertFlyer.com Help Desk Thread

Search this Thread

Old Nov 11, 2022, 1:12 pm
Left Expert Flyer 4/23

Originally Posted by elsenor
I haven't used EF in a while, but just re-subscribed to see award and upgrade availability for EY. Except I don't see it in the drop down. Has EY been removed from searchable airlines? Is EY temporarily down?
EY awards are no longer available and as such have been removed from the listing on the Help/FAQ page.
Old Nov 16, 2022, 12:28 am

Originally Posted by ExpertFlyer Voice
As posted before:

Let us know if there is a specific search that is repeatedly failing so we can track down specific cases, thanks.
Sorry for the late reply, I missed the notification on this one.

EDIT: I see you posted this later in the topic:

With regards to QR awards specifically we thought we had a solution however it showed expanded award inventory that wasn’t available to partners. As such we’re working on a different solution and will post when it’s ready.
So I will await when QR availability is working to try again.

Deleted:
Your quoted reply looked like it was in regard to BA/IB inventory specifically? Should QR award inventory also be working?

I was never able to get a search to work. On the Awards & Upgrades search page, it shows:
First - Award (currently unavailable) (Z)
Business - Award (currently unavailable) (U)
Economy - Award (currently unavailable) (X)

If I put in any date, check the boxes anyway, and hit search, it returns immediately (not a slow search as others were describing) with "no entries."

I tried several dates with QR doing JFK-DOH, LAX-DOH, and SFO-DOH, all with the same instant "no entries" result.

Last edited by wolverinechris; Nov 16, 2022 at 12:40 am
Old Nov 16, 2022, 1:16 am

Totally separate question...on the flight availability search, if I do something like search ATL-SFO on DL, I get all the direct flights but then just like 4 connecting flights (seems to be the first 4 of the day). Then I have to change the time on my search query to get the next 4. Then refine my search again with an even later time to get the next 4. Any tips on a better approach than all of these repeated searches? Is there a way to get all of the results? I searched documentation and found reference in the User's Guide to a "get more results" option (which I also have seen previously), but it's not showing up for these searches
Old Nov 16, 2022, 10:29 am
Left Expert Flyer 4/23

Originally Posted by wolverinechris
Totally separate question...on the flight availability search, if I do something like search ATL-SFO on DL, I get all the direct flights but then just like 4 connecting flights (seems to be the first 4 of the day). Then I have to change the time on my search query to get the next 4. Then refine my search again with an even later time to get the next 4. Any tips on a better approach than all of these repeated searches? Is there a way to get all of the results? I searched documentation and found reference in the User's Guide to a "get more results" option (which I also have seen previously), but it's not showing up for these searches
"Get more" will show based on the data sourced used and/or if the last result was a direct flight or not. Unfortunately the reservation system only returns so many segments per search but we're trying to get them to increase it.
Old Nov 25, 2022, 10:13 am

Programs: BMI Diamond Club Gold forever
The new airport in Giza Egypt now has regularly scheduled flights, on Air Cairo, the airport code is SPX. Can you guys add that?
Old Nov 27, 2022, 10:01 pm
Left Expert Flyer 4/23

Originally Posted by stephem
The new airport in Giza Egypt now has regularly scheduled flights, on Air Cairo, the airport code is SPX. Can you guys add that?
The airport has been added.
Old Dec 1, 2022, 4:55 pm

Guys - setting up a few mileage award alerts on Expertflyer for LH group and Air Canada. In general, are the total fees that go along a mileage ticket much higher when transiting through LHR vs ZRH/ FRA/MUC. Also it seems that EF requires me to set up 2 legs separately so JFK-MUC and then MUC-BOM which beats the purpose (it'll be much better if it finds a seat for the whole o/w trip)
Old Dec 2, 2022, 10:39 am

Mobile version: curious on how to save a specific flight and date so I can easily look at the seat map again.

I can do it on the Desktop version but not Mobile.
Old Dec 2, 2022, 12:04 pm
Left Expert Flyer 4/23

Originally Posted by AB Dada
Mobile version: curious on how to save a specific flight and date so I can easily look at the seat map again.

I can do it on the Desktop version but not Mobile.
Currently saving searches isn't possible on mobile.
Old Dec 5, 2022, 3:14 pm
Left Expert Flyer 4/23

Lightbulb BA/EK/QR Award Searching

Hi everyone, unfortunately we are not able to restore award inventory for BA/EK/QR for the foreseeable future, and as such have removed their saver award classes from the EF Award & Upgrade search. As always the full list of supported airlines and award/upgrade classes can be found on our Help/FAQ page here: https://www.expertflyer.com/sessionlessClassList.do

If anyone has any questions regarding their subscription or account, please email us directly at [email protected] so we can look up your account information and address your questions. Thank you for your support.
Old Dec 7, 2022, 7:21 am

Anybody using the beta site and has it worked consistently to alert you for flights with two legs like JFK-FRA & FRA-BOM. I would need a seat on both legs and only want to be alerted when it finds one
Old Dec 9, 2022, 1:19 am

Programs: status free since 2017
Hi FTers

Can someone help me decipher this flight delay reason

3ORD/ETD1130 EQC-DELAY DUE TO A/C EQUIPMENT CHANGE-E *0106
7ORD/AUTO REACCOM DLY FLT COMPLETED *0137*CRCYMG

ETD1130 is the referring to new departure time out of ORD. *0106 is probably reporting time of the issue? *0137 probably for re-accommodation? Just guessing... and I didn't understand the rest. Any help would be great!
Old Dec 9, 2022, 1:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amex Gold/Plat, UA *G, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Gold, NEXUS, TSA Disparager Unobtanium
That’s a delay due to a change of aircraft.
Old Dec 9, 2022, 11:46 am

Down for everyone? Seat map search.
Old Dec 9, 2022, 11:47 am

Originally Posted by AB Dada
Down for everyone? Seat map search.
I get the same thing on the "desktop" version (Windows 10 PC) for any alerts I'm trying to create.
AB Dada likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.