ExpertFlyer.com Help Desk Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 14, 2015, 12:53 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: 747FC
The ExpertFlyer support by email is at [email protected]

This is a community-maintained wiki, it is not necessarily endorsed by ExpertFlyer.

--------------------

Searches currently not working:
  • Upgrades - AY, BA, EK, EY, IB, QR, VS
  • Awards - AY, BA, IB, EY, QR, VS

To search AA upgrades:
  • Use the Award & Upgrade tool
  • Only search for individual segments (set the "Connection Preference" drop-down to "Direct/Non-Stop only"). Flight results that are part of a connection won't show the upgrade version of C or A inventory because AA only files upgrade inventory as individual, not married, segments. (Married segments show revenue inventory instead of upgrade inventory.)
  • To avoid confusion, check the "Exclude Codeshares" box, as AA awards and upgrades are not valid on codeshares.

Print Wikipost

ExpertFlyer.com Help Desk Thread

Search this Thread

Old Sep 5, 2022, 7:43 am
hmv

ExpertFlyer Voice, What is the current status on Qatar Airways upgrade availability searches? I saw in a previous post that there was some testing going on, but I am not sure what the current status is.
Old Sep 5, 2022, 9:23 am
Left Expert Flyer 4/23

Originally Posted by hmv
ExpertFlyer Voice, What is the current status on Qatar Airways upgrade availability searches? I saw in a previous post that there was some testing going on, but I am not sure what the current status is.
As of today the current status is it's not available. We will post back when it is.
Old Sep 5, 2022, 4:29 pm

Hmm... Interesting. I'm pretty sure this airline is not actually flying these flights.
Old Sep 5, 2022, 8:20 pm

Originally Posted by BlatheringPenguin
Hmm... Interesting. I'm pretty sure this airline is not actually flying these flights.
Definitely offered for sale, a ticket can be had for $3369 (fare of $3370.50 plus -$1.50 in negative taxes). Note that Linear Air is not operating these flights; they're just selling them. This example is operated by 8ZMA365P, Corsair Aviation, LLC, out of Van Nuys, CA. Departs from 7100 Flightline Dr in Kingman, AZ, to LAX with no stops. Flown using a Cessna Light aircraft with single piston engines.

Old Sep 6, 2022, 6:44 am

Programs: UA 1K/MM, EK Gold, CX Silver
Seat map on Delta and on EF for the same flight are very different - can anyone explain why please?
9/12 DL234 JFK-TLV

From DL app
From DL app

From EF

Last edited by sabbasolo; Sep 6, 2022 at 6:48 am Reason: remove identifying info
Old Sep 6, 2022, 11:14 am
Left Expert Flyer 4/23

Originally Posted by sabbasolo
Seat map on Delta and on EF for the same flight are very different - can anyone explain why please?
9/12 DL234 JFK-TLV
We just looked up that flight on EF and the seat maps don't look anything like the screen shots of the EF seat maps you posted, they match the DL ones. It would seem you were looking at the wrong date or flight on EF, please try again.
Old Sep 7, 2022, 2:05 pm

Programs: M&M, Fan of MO, Shangri-La.
Swiss seatmap differences.

similar to what Sabbasolo reported above, I see more available seats for Swiss (LX) on EF than directly on Swiss.com
For example, I see 8 free seats in Business on EF, but only 4 on Swiss.com.
This is not about blocked seats. - Those I can understand.
The seats which I book are correctly updated on EF, so it's not entirely out of sync, and I'm looking at the correct flights, but EF just shows seats as open which do not appear as bookable on Swiss.com.

Example: LX1050/12Sep ZRH-HAM.

EF shows seats 1F, 3ACD as available (plus many others)
Swiss.com shows those 4 seats as occupied.

Last edited by LoungeLizzard; Sep 7, 2022 at 2:16 pm
Old Sep 7, 2022, 3:41 pm
Left Expert Flyer 4/23

Originally Posted by LoungeLizzard
Swiss seatmap differences.

similar to what Sabbasolo reported above, I see more available seats for Swiss (LX) on EF than directly on Swiss.com
For example, I see 8 free seats in Business on EF, but only 4 on Swiss.com.
This is not about blocked seats. - Those I can understand.
The seats which I book are correctly updated on EF, so it's not entirely out of sync, and I'm looking at the correct flights, but EF just shows seats as open which do not appear as bookable on Swiss.com.

Example: LX1050/12Sep ZRH-HAM.

EF shows seats 1F, 3ACD as available (plus many others)
Swiss.com shows those 4 seats as occupied.
As noted Sabbasolo looked at the wrong EF seat map.

The EF seat map for LX 1050/12 Sep is correct. Those seats are marked as available by LX. You may be blocked from reserving them because of their bassinet and suitability for minor attributes, but they are not occupied.

Here is the raw output from the GDS:

LoungeLizzard likes this.
Old Sep 8, 2022, 11:29 am

Programs: M&M, Fan of MO, Shangri-La.
Originally Posted by ExpertFlyer Voice
As noted Sabbasolo looked at the wrong EF seat map.

The EF seat map for LX 1050/12 Sep is correct. Those seats are marked as available by LX. You may be blocked from reserving them because of their bassinet and suitability for minor attributes, but they are not occupied.
Thank you very much for the quick reply and the good explanation.
Another good value of EF to see more than what LX is willing to share, so I can at least call them if I like.

It looks like another masterpiece of LX/LH IT to block so many seats in Business.
Old Sep 11, 2022, 10:23 am

Programs: AA EXP; Avis PC; Hertz PC; Marriott LT Gold; Hilton Diamond
Is there any way to save queries from the mobile site? I can’t seem to find it. If not, would it be possible to add it? Thanks.
Old Sep 11, 2022, 5:20 pm
Left Expert Flyer 4/23

Originally Posted by HofstraJet
Is there any way to save queries from the mobile site? I can’t seem to find it. If not, would it be possible to add it? Thanks.
No there isn't, but there will be on the next version of the site.
Old Sep 12, 2022, 4:32 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, JAL Sapphire
Hi, new to ExperFlyer and am in trail version at the moment. Does the tool provide a way for me to get list of interested airlines, the tool will craw thru the airlines and tell me how many award mile points are needed for a given destination?

Say I have been flighting my favorite airlines like Delta, UA, Emirates, AA etc for a hot spot, I would normally go thru those sites to look for miles required on award flights. However I wouldn't have known if, for example Iberia (which is not my favorite airline), is offering lower mileage points.

Or even better - say I just want to burn the points and I have time, so date/destination is flexible - just show me the points .

Am I asking too much? :-)
Old Sep 13, 2022, 6:10 pm
Left Expert Flyer 4/23

Originally Posted by cwoo
Hi, new to ExperFlyer and am in trail version at the moment. Does the tool provide a way for me to get list of interested airlines, the tool will craw thru the airlines and tell me how many award mile points are needed for a given destination?

Say I have been flighting my favorite airlines like Delta, UA, Emirates, AA etc for a hot spot, I would normally go thru those sites to look for miles required on award flights. However I wouldn't have known if, for example Iberia (which is not my favorite airline), is offering lower mileage points.

Or even better - say I just want to burn the points and I have time, so date/destination is flexible - just show me the points .

Am I asking too much? :-)
Unfortunately yes :-) Since many airlines now have dynamic award pricing, and those prices are only available on their websites, that is something we can't offer. This is why we stick to showing the saver award inventories, which is also the inventory required with partner award redemptions.
cwoo likes this.
Old Sep 14, 2022, 8:14 am

Starting next month EWR is apparently no longer included in NYC. Why IATA would do that makes no sense to me. But it highlights a problem with EF as I cannot enter more than one airport into the origin/destination fields. I would very commonly just enter NYC to get all of JFK, LGA and EWR when searching for flights. Now I would like to provide a list, but EF doesn't accept a list.

Can that be fixed?

Thanks.
Old Sep 14, 2022, 9:20 am
Left Expert Flyer 4/23

Originally Posted by dkerr
Starting next month EWR is apparently no longer included in NYC. Why IATA would do that makes no sense to me. But it highlights a problem with EF as I cannot enter more than one airport into the origin/destination fields. I would very commonly just enter NYC to get all of JFK, LGA and EWR when searching for flights. Now I would like to provide a list, but EF doesn't accept a list.

Can that be fixed?

Thanks.
Unfortunately no, a flight search can only take one departing/arriving airport as input, this is a limitation of the reservation systems.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.