ExpertFlyer.com Help Desk Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 14, 2015, 12:53 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: 747FC
The ExpertFlyer support by email is at [email protected]

This is a community-maintained wiki, it is not necessarily endorsed by ExpertFlyer.

--------------------

Searches currently not working:
  • Upgrades - AY, BA, EK, EY, IB, QR, VS
  • Awards - AY, BA, IB, EY, QR, VS

To search AA upgrades:
  • Use the Award & Upgrade tool
  • Only search for individual segments (set the "Connection Preference" drop-down to "Direct/Non-Stop only"). Flight results that are part of a connection won't show the upgrade version of C or A inventory because AA only files upgrade inventory as individual, not married, segments. (Married segments show revenue inventory instead of upgrade inventory.)
  • To avoid confusion, check the "Exclude Codeshares" box, as AA awards and upgrades are not valid on codeshares.

Print Wikipost

ExpertFlyer.com Help Desk Thread

Search this Thread

Old Jul 7, 2022, 3:33 pm
Left Expert Flyer 4/23

Originally Posted by 21A
Is it a known issue that WN doesn't file seem to file fares to Mexico in whichever GDS EF uses? WN flies this market and I have every reason to think they file fares, but perhaps they don't distribute them for some reason. AUA and LIR seem to work.
We checked our other GDS and the fares aren't there either. They likely aren't published.
Old Jul 7, 2022, 11:40 pm
IMH

Programs: BA Gold; Accor Plat; IHG Diamond-Amb; Meliá & HH & Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by ExpertFlyer Voice
the problem with the schedule alerts has been fixed.
That's good to hear. Thank you. What was the issue?

the captchas show up due to suspicious behavior or IP address. [...] if you solve the captcha you won't be blocked.
It's not that simple, unfortunately. The CAPTCHAs that were showing up for me yesterday and the day before could not be beaten, but reappeared in an endless cycle until I gave up. Sometimes there was an actual 'puzzle' (e.g. the famous traffic lights), other times just selecting "I am not a robot" was sufficient to make the question reload.

If I was not already a customer and had been visiting EF for the first time, it might well have been the last time.

This was using standard software, as detailed above, and with ad blockers and similar all disabled for EF.

Last edited by IMH; Jul 7, 2022 at 11:47 pm
Old Jul 7, 2022, 11:59 pm
Left Expert Flyer 4/23

Originally Posted by IMH
It's not that simple, unfortunately. The CAPTCHAs that were showing up for me yesterday and the day before could not be beaten, but reappeared in an endless cycle until I gave up. Sometimes there was an actual 'puzzle' (e.g. the famous traffic lights), other times just selecting "I am not a robot" was sufficient to make the question reload.
Those are the only two conditions that make the captcha show. If you have add-ons that block our javascript or cookies that would cause problems. If you need further help then we'd need to look up your traffic by IP address so email us directly.
Old Jul 8, 2022, 12:25 am
IMH

If you have add-ons that block our javascript or cookies that would cause problems.
In recent years, in order to continue using EF, I have already granted numerous exceptions -- including allowing Javascript, ads, cookies, trackers and fingerprinters. The only thing that has changed at my end this week has been a minor Firefox update.

If you need further help then we'd need to look up your traffic by IP address
I have no idea what my IP addresses were yesterday or the day before. I posted here to share my experience with fellow FTers. (I also thought you might be interested.)
Old Jul 8, 2022, 9:32 am
Left Expert Flyer 4/23

Originally Posted by IMH
I have no idea what my IP addresses were yesterday or the day before. I posted here to share my experience with fellow FTers. (I also thought you might be interested.)
When you get the captchas you can go to myipaddress.com and then email us your IP with the date/time it happened and we can look up exactly why you got the captcha.

Last edited by TWA884; Jul 8, 2022 at 10:24 am Reason: Fix BB code
Old Jul 10, 2022, 3:06 pm
ls

Programs: MR PLT, HLT DIA
About 'Show Flights with No Availability' option in searching Flight Availability. Even when you uncheck it, the result page still displayed bunch of flights that include 1 connection but one of the legs are all 0. What's the point to show those flights if only 1 leg has availability?
Thanks.
Old Jul 11, 2022, 8:43 am
IMH

Those are the only two conditions that make the captcha show. [...]. If you need further help then we'd need to look up your traffic by IP address
It's been happening again intermittently, today and yesterday, this time from Vodafone IP addresses in Germany (95.90.247.0 - 95.90.247.255).
Old Jul 11, 2022, 3:19 pm

Programs: AA EXP, AS MVP 75k, HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Gold, National Executive Elite
I am looking for Delta award flights. It is showing they are not available. Is this temporary?

Thanks!
Old Jul 11, 2022, 6:26 pm
Left Expert Flyer 4/23

Originally Posted by JenniferNAz
I am looking for Delta award flights. It is showing they are not available. Is this temporary?

Thanks!
We do not have an ETA for DL awards at this time.
Old Jul 12, 2022, 11:54 am

I hope I'm making sense here.
Is there a way to create flight alert (perhaps I'm using the wrong wording) for a specific Delta flight (9/10/22 DEN-DTW-ALB) that will alert me when there are TWO seats in fare class I and Q or in fare class Z and U available?
Old Jul 12, 2022, 12:10 pm
Left Expert Flyer 4/23

Originally Posted by hurnik
I hope I'm making sense here.
Is there a way to create flight alert (perhaps I'm using the wrong wording) for a specific Delta flight (9/10/22 DEN-DTW-ALB) that will alert me when there are TWO seats in fare class I and Q or in fare class Z and U available?
You can set any quantity you want for a Flight Alert, however each alert is for 1 class code, not a combination of them.
hurnik likes this.
Old Jul 14, 2022, 12:45 am

Programs: UA 1k, AA EXPLT, NZ GE, VA PLT Hyatt Diam, Marr Plat, HH Diam
Just received a slew of AA C (upgrade) alerts as EF is showing all AA flights are C7 (upgrades). I wish! Is there a bug in the system? Will the system automatically resurrect the alerts I created or do I have to do that manually and create again?
Old Jul 14, 2022, 9:11 am
Left Expert Flyer 4/23

Originally Posted by SFO_FT
Just received a slew of AA C (upgrade) alerts as EF is showing all AA flights are C7 (upgrades). I wish! Is there a bug in the system? Will the system automatically resurrect the alerts I created or do I have to do that manually and create again?
There is no bug, AA changed the C inventory while making updates overnight (judging by the time that you made this post). If you want an alert to keep searching go to the View Saved Alerts page, click on the Notified box and click the resubmit button for the alerts you want to resubmit.
Old Jul 18, 2022, 2:52 pm

Programs: AA EXP 1MM, DL PM, Bonvoy Titanium (Plat Life), HH G, Amtrak, B6, MR
Just FYI for people using EF, there seems to be either a temporary issue or a permanent issue with B6 and EMS seats. EF is currently showing EMS seats as occupied, even if they are not. I know this was working properly within the last few months. I already contacted EF support about this, so this is really to let people know about this issue.
Old Jul 18, 2022, 3:29 pm
Left Expert Flyer 4/23

Originally Posted by sxpsxpsxp
Just FYI for people using EF, there seems to be either a temporary issue or a permanent issue with B6 and EMS seats. EF is currently showing EMS seats as occupied, even if they are not. I know this was working properly within the last few months. I already contacted EF support about this, so this is really to let people know about this issue.
It looks like the ability to sell EMS in the reservation systems is broken and that's why the seats are showing as Occupied (this is how it was before that functionality was enabled). Once JetBlue fixes the issue, the proper seat status will show again.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.