ExpertFlyer.com Help Desk Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 14, 2015, 12:53 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: 747FC
The ExpertFlyer support by email is at [email protected]

This is a community-maintained wiki, it is not necessarily endorsed by ExpertFlyer.

--------------------

Searches currently not working:
  • Upgrades - AY, BA, EK, EY, IB, QR, VS
  • Awards - AY, BA, IB, EY, QR, VS

To search AA upgrades:
  • Use the Award & Upgrade tool
  • Only search for individual segments (set the "Connection Preference" drop-down to "Direct/Non-Stop only"). Flight results that are part of a connection won't show the upgrade version of C or A inventory because AA only files upgrade inventory as individual, not married, segments. (Married segments show revenue inventory instead of upgrade inventory.)
  • To avoid confusion, check the "Exclude Codeshares" box, as AA awards and upgrades are not valid on codeshares.

Print Wikipost

ExpertFlyer.com Help Desk Thread

Search this Thread

Old Oct 3, 2022, 7:48 am
Left Expert Flyer 4/23

Originally Posted by aflo
They are definitely priced together. DDD-BBB on its own is much more expensive than DDD-BBB-AAA. It's a (long) stopover allowed by the fare rules. Yes, I meant "monitor" the flight for booking class availability.

Edit: maybe it was just a case of a suboptimal agent. I called again today (suprisingly I ended up in Basel!) and it was no problem to rebook to a day earlier.
The fares being priced together is not the same as married availability. Because there are multi-day gaps, if I understood your post correctly, between the flights, the availability searches are separate and therefore not subject to married segment logic and so would work with EF alerts. Glad to hear it worked out!
Old Oct 3, 2022, 3:04 pm

Ok, thank you. Before your explanation and the successful rebooking with a new agent, the only way to make sense of EF availability and agent availability inconsistency was married segments.
Old Oct 10, 2022, 2:19 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
I’m sure this has been asked up thread, but does anyone know when the BA awards checker will be back and working? Seems to have been down for a while…
Old Oct 13, 2022, 6:33 am

Programs: LH SEN
This is more of a feature request...

When I'm on https://www.expertflyer.com/flightAlertList.do and have switched to the "Seat Alerts" tab it would be really useful to have a link to the seat map for the configured flight + cabin of each alert.
Old Oct 13, 2022, 3:45 pm
Left Expert Flyer 4/23

Originally Posted by supine
This is more of a feature request...

When I'm on https://www.expertflyer.com/flightAlertList.do and have switched to the "Seat Alerts" tab it would be really useful to have a link to the seat map for the configured flight + cabin of each alert.
That's for the suggestion, we'll take a look at that for a future improvement.
supine likes this.
Old Oct 17, 2022, 12:55 pm

Small tweak request:

There are actually a few cases where Swiss Airlines opens up partner space for first class award redemptions in the O bucket. Currently, ExpertFlyer only allows you to search using the I bucket for Swiss Airlines awards. Manually adding the O bucket to the search does not work. It would be great if you could add support for the O bucket here for the cases where it does open up.
Old Oct 17, 2022, 2:17 pm
Left Expert Flyer 4/23

Originally Posted by RememberTheConcord
Small tweak request:

There are actually a few cases where Swiss Airlines opens up partner space for first class award redemptions in the O bucket. Currently, ExpertFlyer only allows you to search using the I bucket for Swiss Airlines awards. Manually adding the O bucket to the search does not work. It would be great if you could add support for the O bucket here for the cases where it does open up.
Added, let us know if there are any issues.
RememberTheConcord likes this.
Old Oct 25, 2022, 8:22 am

Programs: Amex Plat, Marriott PP, HH G, GC Jade
Hello, can anyone help me checking this: I’m booked (X fare) on QR128 MXP-DOH on October 28th and I would like to know economy-business availability. I’m QR Privilege Gold and hoping for an upgrade…
Thanks in advance! :-)
Old Oct 26, 2022, 9:17 pm

EK award inventory is temporarily unavailable due to an issue with our data provider. They are actively working to fix the issue. Thank you for your patience.

I’ve had patience….but starting to wear thin.

How about adding some to to my membership to extend some goodwill

TD
Old Oct 26, 2022, 11:40 pm
Left Expert Flyer 4/23

Originally Posted by Traveler Dave
EK award inventory is temporarily unavailable due to an issue with our data provider. They are actively working to fix the issue. Thank you for your patience.

I’ve had patience….but starting to wear thin.

How about adding some to to my membership to extend some goodwill

TD
If would like to discuss your specific account please email us so we can know you who are, however you are free to subscribe or not based on the information we have available.
Old Nov 1, 2022, 5:38 pm

Programs: Hyatt Glob, Marriott Titanium, AA EXP, DL PM, AS 100k (fake), B6 M3 (fake), BA Gold (fake), UA FO.
Hi ExpertFlyer Voice , any chance you can point me in the right direction on some seemingly phantom space that I'm seeing with EF? I'm trying to fly the following, all in J for 2 pax on LATAM: LAX-LIM or MIA-LIM on 12/24, and then SCL-JFK on 1/17 or 1/18, all of which show availability on EF, but none of which are actually bookable according to multiple AS agents. Is this phantom space a known issue? Or is the space really there, and I need to just keep calling AS until I get an agent who knows what they're doing?

ETA - IMPORTANT CODA: ExpertFlyer was right. I had to call back multiple times before getting someone who knew what they were talking about, but I got the flights booked on the dates shown (notably, this guy could not see SCL-JFK on 1/17, but everything else lined up with EF availability).
ExpertFlyer Voice likes this.

Last edited by LowValueCustomer; Nov 1, 2022 at 7:16 pm
Old Nov 5, 2022, 6:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amex Gold/Plat, UA *G, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Gold, NEXUS, TSA Disparager Unobtanium
Is anybody else having trouble with FLIFO? Every search I try, whether for a city pair (MCI-ORD in this case), AA or UA returns the same notice:

An error has occurred while communicating with the airline reservation system. The support team has been notified of this problem. Thank you for your patience and understanding.
Old Nov 5, 2022, 11:52 am

Yep, FLIFO has been down all morning for me too. I tweeted this morning and tagged them but no response.

It seems like it's a 3rd party that provides multiple sites, because my AA cancellations didn't update at flightaware or on Bing either. Google and flightradar were unaffected though so I'm guessing it's just the one provider that powers some sites? </end total speculation>

Last edited by ChillyDawg; Nov 5, 2022 at 12:00 pm
Old Nov 5, 2022, 5:21 pm
Left Expert Flyer 4/23

Originally Posted by FriendlySkies
Is anybody else having trouble with FLIFO? Every search I try, whether for a city pair (MCI-ORD in this case), AA or UA returns the same notice:
One of our vendors had an issue earlier today but it has since been fixed.
Old Nov 11, 2022, 9:51 am

Programs: oneworld Rusty Iron; Starwood Aluminum
I haven't used EF in a while, but just re-subscribed to see award and upgrade availability for EY. Except I don't see it in the drop down. Has EY been removed from searchable airlines? Is EY temporarily down?

Last edited by elsenor; Nov 11, 2022 at 12:07 pm Reason: read the wiki doh

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.