ExpertFlyer.com Help Desk Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 14, 2015, 12:53 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: 747FC
The ExpertFlyer support by email is at [email protected]

This is a community-maintained wiki, it is not necessarily endorsed by ExpertFlyer.

--------------------

Searches currently not working:
  • Upgrades - AY, BA, EK, EY, IB, QR, VS
  • Awards - AY, BA, IB, EY, QR, VS

To search AA upgrades:
  • Use the Award & Upgrade tool
  • Only search for individual segments (set the "Connection Preference" drop-down to "Direct/Non-Stop only"). Flight results that are part of a connection won't show the upgrade version of C or A inventory because AA only files upgrade inventory as individual, not married, segments. (Married segments show revenue inventory instead of upgrade inventory.)
  • To avoid confusion, check the "Exclude Codeshares" box, as AA awards and upgrades are not valid on codeshares.

Print Wikipost

ExpertFlyer.com Help Desk Thread

Search this Thread

Old Dec 9, 2022, 1:12 pm
Left Expert Flyer 4/23

We had an infrastructure issue for a couple hours that caused the searches to fail but it's working again. Our apologies for the inconvenience.

Last edited by ExpertFlyer Voice; Dec 9, 2022 at 1:59 pm
Old Dec 16, 2022, 11:46 am

ExpertFlyer Voice Award inventory for QR any chance it will be restored soon, or that's a permanent thing now ?
Old Dec 16, 2022, 1:40 pm
Left Expert Flyer 4/23

Originally Posted by Alijan
ExpertFlyer Voice Award inventory for QR any chance it will be restored soon, or that's a permanent thing now ?
I'm sorry but we don't know when or if QR awards will be restored.
Old Dec 17, 2022, 11:15 am

Search LATAM awards

I'm having a problem searching LATAM awards and setting up alerts for them.

When I use the "Awards & Upgrades" tool and fill out the form, the result shows "no entries" under flights even though flights exist on the specified dates.

This form usually works for other airlines I have searched. Also, the flights appear under Seat search for LA2690 on 27 Dec with no issues.

Unfortunately, even if there are no available seats, not being able to even see the flights means that I cannot easily create award alerts (without going to the manual form and typing in individual flight numbers for every flight and date).

Is there a known issue searching LATAM awards? I already looked at the list of know issues on ExpertFlyer, and I also searched this thread along with the LATAM forum.
Old Dec 17, 2022, 7:53 pm

Programs: AA (EP), Hilton (Diamond), Marriott Bonvoy (Titanium)
Originally Posted by AB Dada
Mobile version: curious on how to save a specific flight and date so I can easily look at the seat map again.

I can do it on the Desktop version but not Mobile.
In the mobile site, if you scroll all the way down there is a link "Desktop Version." Clicking that opens the desktop version. It may be a bit hard to read if your phone is small, but you can zoom in and scroll around. That way you can repeat the search and then save it from within your mobile browser, and once saved you can access it in the mobile site.
Old Dec 18, 2022, 10:39 pm
Left Expert Flyer 4/23

Lightbulb Airlines removed from Award/Upgrade searching

Hi everyone, due to ongoing issues in obtaining award data for some airlines, we have decided to remove some airlines whose award searches have recently stopped working from the Award & Upgrade search tool:
  • IB
  • KE (only saver award classes removed)
  • KL (only saver award classes removed)
  • LA
  • VS
  • FJ
  • FI
  • Some of the smaller oneworld airlines
  • Some of the smaller Skyteam airlines
Any award classes that are no longer available will have "(currently unavailable)" appended to their description in the Class Codes reference and when viewing any alerts for them. This also means that any active Flight Alerts for those class codes will no longer work and we will be sending emails directly to those affected members in the coming days.

As always the full list of supported airlines and award/upgrade classes can be found on our Help/FAQ page here: https://www.expertflyer.com/sessionlessClassList.do

If anyone has any questions regarding their subscription or account, please email us directly at [email protected] so we can look up your account information and address your questions. Thank you for your support.

Last edited by ExpertFlyer Voice; Dec 20, 2022 at 2:46 pm Reason: We do have AY awards
Old Dec 19, 2022, 6:38 am

I posted something along this line in the AA thread for EF searches, but does the elimination of MileSAAver awards alter how we should be setting availability alerts? Should we now be including J as well?
Old Dec 19, 2022, 9:26 am
Left Expert Flyer 4/23

Originally Posted by MASTERNC
I posted something along this line in the AA thread for EF searches, but does the elimination of MileSAAver awards alter how we should be setting availability alerts? Should we now be including J as well?
As nothing has changed yet so we don't know, however we suspect that the saver award classes will, at the very least, still be used for partners booking awards on AA flights. For example you'd still need Z/U/T inventory to use BA miles for AA flights, etc.
Old Dec 19, 2022, 11:16 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat, Hilton Gold, Marriott/SPG Gold
Is there a way to set flight availability (inventory) alerts flights with married segments? For example, I want to set alerts for a specific flight from LAX - JFK - LHR (just an example, think of any flight with a connection) with a (for example) D class inventory on both segments. But ExpertFlyer only allows me to set alerts for each segment separately. Then the alerts trigger and expire. But when I log on to EF to check availability, the ticket is not available from LAX - JFK - LHR in D class. It's only available as a separate booking for each segment. Is it possible to set alerts for a routing with connecting flights?

Last edited by nort; Dec 20, 2022 at 12:29 pm Reason: wrong class code used as example, changed C to D
Old Dec 20, 2022, 11:46 am
Left Expert Flyer 4/23

Originally Posted by nort
Is there a way to set flight availability (inventory) alerts flights with married segments? For example, I want to set alerts for a specific flight from LAX - JFK - LHR (just an example, think of any flight with a connection) with a C class inventory on both segments. But ExpertFlyer only allows me to set alerts for each segment separately. Then the alerts trigger and expire. But when I log on to EF to check availability, the ticket is not available from LAX - JFK - LHR in C class. It's only available as a separate booking for each segment. Is it possible to set alerts for a routing with connecting flights?
Married segment alerts is something that will be in the next version of EF.
As you know C upgrade inventory should only be searched segment by segment to get accurate inventory, so you wouldn't want married segment searching/alerting for C inventory anyway.
Old Dec 20, 2022, 12:17 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat, Hilton Gold, Marriott/SPG Gold
Originally Posted by ExpertFlyer Voice
Married segment alerts is something that will be in the next version of EF.
As you know C upgrade inventory should only be searched segment by segment to get accurate inventory, so you wouldn't want married segment searching/alerting for C inventory anyway.
Thank you. I look forward to the next version. My question is regarding a paid ticket, I made a mistake in the class code - my apologies. It's corrected now.
ExpertFlyer Voice likes this.

Last edited by nort; Dec 20, 2022 at 12:28 pm
Old Dec 24, 2022, 7:35 am

New to EF (purchased premium membership yesterday).

I am trying to find partner award availability for Swiss and I’m a bit confused. I believe this would be I class.

EF does not show I0 as I’d expect, it simply does not mention I class at all in the list of seats. Is this standard?

I tried to investigate more, and I cannot get it to show I availability even for flights that are bookable. LX LAX-ZRH on Feb 6, for example is bookable on UA and Aeroplan, but EF does not mention I fare bucket. It just lists: F7 A7J9 C9 D9 Z9 P9 G9 E9 N9 Y9 B9M9 U9 H9 Q9 V9 W9 S9T9 L9 K9

I’m just a little confused. I guess my questions are:

1.) in general does EF show a zero for no no availability (e.g. “Y0”) or is the fare class removed entirely from the list?

2.) for this case specifically, why can’t I get EF to show a single I seat on LX, even when I know one is available?

Last edited by dval44; Dec 24, 2022 at 8:04 am
Old Dec 24, 2022, 8:26 am
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
The answer to (1) is yes, it will show 0s.

However you are searching "Flight Availability" which only searches paid inventory -- look under "Awards & Upgrades" instead.

dval44 and Tocsin like this.
Old Dec 24, 2022, 8:39 am

Originally Posted by Zorak
The answer to (1) is yes, it will show 0s.

However you are searching "Flight Availability" which only searches paid inventory -- look under "Awards & Upgrades" instead.

thank you!
Old Dec 27, 2022, 3:58 pm

Programs: HH Diamond
I'm getting this message for looking a seat map to check availability in F for ANA:

There was an error message from the airline when trying to retrieve this seat map: PRS NOT ALLOWED THIS CLASS OR ZONE

What does this mean? Anyway around this?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.