ExpertFlyer.com Help Desk Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 14, 2015, 12:53 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: 747FC
The ExpertFlyer support by email is at [email protected]

This is a community-maintained wiki, it is not necessarily endorsed by ExpertFlyer.

--------------------

Searches currently not working:
  • Upgrades - AY, BA, EK, EY, IB, QR, VS
  • Awards - AY, BA, IB, EY, QR, VS

To search AA upgrades:
  • Use the Award & Upgrade tool
  • Only search for individual segments (set the "Connection Preference" drop-down to "Direct/Non-Stop only"). Flight results that are part of a connection won't show the upgrade version of C or A inventory because AA only files upgrade inventory as individual, not married, segments. (Married segments show revenue inventory instead of upgrade inventory.)
  • To avoid confusion, check the "Exclude Codeshares" box, as AA awards and upgrades are not valid on codeshares.

Print Wikipost

ExpertFlyer.com Help Desk Thread

Search this Thread

Old Jan 22, 2023, 4:54 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat; NEXUS
Originally Posted by ikwia
I am getting a Captcha-type verification every 3 queries or so. Today is the first time I've ever seen this (I've been a user since 2006), and it's happened maybe 6-7 times. I am using my home internet connection with no VPN, like I often do. Are others seeing this? Is there something new?
That happens to me if I run the queries too fast, one after the next. If I slow down a few more seconds before I click my next saved query it doesn't happen.
hurnik likes this.
Old Jan 22, 2023, 5:03 pm
Left Expert Flyer 4/23

Originally Posted by ikwia
I am getting a Captcha-type verification every 3 queries or so. Today is the first time I've ever seen this (I've been a user since 2006), and it's happened maybe 6-7 times. I am using my home internet connection with no VPN, like I often do. Are others seeing this? Is there something new?
We don't see any support email from you so we can't look up your account and tell you the exact reason you got the captcha, but it isn't new. You'll get the captcha for various reasons, including IP address and if you do a large amount of searches in a short amount of time. One thing to try is to log out of EF and close all EF browser tabs (or try from a private browsing session) and see if you still get it. If you need further help please email us directly.
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Jan 22, 2023, 10:36 pm

Programs: UA 1K and PP, AA PPro (3MM, former CK), Marriott Ambassador and LTT, Uber One
Originally Posted by ExpertFlyer Voice
We don't see any support email from you so we can't look up your account and tell you the exact reason you got the captcha, but it isn't new. You'll get the captcha for various reasons, including IP address and if you do a large amount of searches in a short amount of time. One thing to try is to log out of EF and close all EF browser tabs (or try from a private browsing session) and see if you still get it. If you need further help please email us directly.
OK, thank you for that info. I will see if I continue to see this, and if so, will reach out to you directly. FWIW, I wouldn't consider my usage today any different from what I frequently do, but I understand it may not look that way to the system or that there may be other factors at play. Thanks for being so responsive to posts here.
ExpertFlyer Voice likes this.
Old Jan 23, 2023, 1:52 pm

Programs: Delta, aa, united silver
Flight alerts married segments

Hi, I have not been able to find an answer to this here or on EF. I am trying to find availability on Delta SFO-JFK in D1 and then onward in F. Both segments show Z availability but not on married basis. I'm not trying to use an upgrade, just get a fare that is not astronomical. Any advice on this would be appreciated. Many thanks!
Old Jan 23, 2023, 1:55 pm
Left Expert Flyer 4/23

Originally Posted by Roadbob
Hi, I have not been able to find an answer to this here or on EF. I am trying to find availability on Delta SFO-JFK in D1 and then onward in F. Both segments show Z availability but not on married basis. I'm not trying to use an upgrade, just get a fare that is not astronomical. Any advice on this would be appreciated. Many thanks!
Married alerts are not currently supported, but will be when our new site is released.
Old Jan 27, 2023, 8:07 am

Hey guys,

I am trying to learn using this tool.

I usually book AA using Avios on british airways site using miles.

When I do a search on expert flyer, what code am I looking at to see if those seats will pop up on Biritsh Airways using Avios?
Old Jan 27, 2023, 8:40 am
Left Expert Flyer 4/23

Originally Posted by ysuleman
Hey guys,

I am trying to learn using this tool.

I usually book AA using Avios on british airways site using miles.

When I do a search on expert flyer, what code am I looking at to see if those seats will pop up on Biritsh Airways using Avios?
You use the saver AA award class codes that show when you select AA as the airline in the Award & Upgrade search tool.
Old Jan 29, 2023, 7:16 pm

Originally Posted by ExpertFlyer Voice
Married alerts are not currently supported, but will be when our new site is released.
Hello, is there any more information available about what features the new site will include? Is there an ETA for the release date?
Old Jan 29, 2023, 7:20 pm
Left Expert Flyer 4/23

Originally Posted by bodiddely
Hello, is there any more information available about what features the new site will include? Is there an ETA for the release date?
We will announce more information when it is available, thanks.
Old Feb 5, 2023, 1:25 am

AA: fare rules cannot be displayed (due to multiple fares existing?)

I have had problems that many of the AA fare rules for LAX-TYO (or SAN-TYO) fail to display with a message like this:

"Fare rules cannot be displayed. This may be due to multiple fares existing for fare basis RNEZ4IN2"

Is there any workaround or planned enhancement for fare rules like this?
Calchas likes this.
Old Feb 10, 2023, 1:22 pm

Originally Posted by Globaliser
To answer my own question: All the valid fares that book into E class appear to be dual inventory fares. You need more than merely E class inventory. The fares require that there is inventory in V class and E class, or in X class and E class, or in T class and E class.

On the date you mention, all four flights have E class inventory (all at E9).

However, the only flight that has any inventory at all in V, X or T class is DL1712, which has T9 (but X0 V0). So on DL1712 you can book in to E class, using fare TAVNA0BC (according to ITA).
I'm seeing E class Fare ability for DL 1996 on 3/9/2023 from JFK to CUN. I'm seeing fare basis XNNF0NBMin booking class E is available but cannot find that fare online. Is there a site that lets you look for fares using the fare basis code?

Last edited by TWA884; Feb 10, 2023 at 1:32 pm Reason: Merge consecutive posts by the same member for readability.
Old Feb 12, 2023, 6:44 am

Programs: AA, UA, GE
Originally Posted by clearsugar
I'm seeing E class Fare ability for DL 1996 on 3/9/2023 from JFK to CUN. I'm seeing fare basis XNNF0NBMin booking class E is available but cannot find that fare online. Is there a site that lets you look for fares using the fare basis code?
I use the ITA Matrix search tool for this. It is not perfect or error free but on the whole it does a decent job. Its user interface is neither convenient nor intuitive. I will post how I tried to perform the search for this fare and my results. I would advise that you invest some time and effort getting acquainted with this tool and its associated add-ons. A couple of FT links are listed immediately below to get you started on that path.

General help thread:

ITA Software Matrix Airfare Search Consolidated Information and Help Thread

User script to extend search and allow purchase of tickets:

ITA-Matrix-PowerTools - Userscript for Orbitz/DL/UA/AA/BA/CZ/IB/LA/LH/LX/TK

The search I tried was the following (expand the spoilers as these are relatively large screen captures). This search asks the tool to look at the entire month of March 2023 for one way flights form New York City to Cancun on Delta (either non-stop or connecting flights) and to return only those flights where the desired fare class his available.

Spoiler

This return a calendar where the days found where this fare is available are shown. This shows that your desired fare is available on 6 days in March and only on select Mondays and Tuesdays.

Spoiler

I recommend that you post any question you may have on the general help thread for this search tool.
hurnik and clearsugar like this.
Old Feb 13, 2023, 11:50 am

This was super helpful, thank you!
Old Mar 12, 2023, 4:25 am

Programs: KL PFL; BA Gold; A3 Silver; EY Silver; SU Silver
Hello! Would it be possible to add married segments indicator to search results (ss shown in the underlying GDS results)? To show which segments are married and which are actually not deapite shown in the search results as connecting. Should not be a complex development
​​​​​Useful for planning / looking for availability on complex itineraries, especially when multiple airlines are involved.
Old Mar 12, 2023, 11:05 am
Left Expert Flyer 4/23

Originally Posted by Keter
Hello! Would it be possible to add married segments indicator to search results (ss shown in the underlying GDS results)? To show which segments are married and which are actually not deapite shown in the search results as connecting. Should not be a complex development
​​​​​Useful for planning / looking for availability on complex itineraries, especially when multiple airlines are involved.
It doesn't look like the married segments indicator is returned to us with the GDS response for flight availability, we'll keep an eye out for it in future releases.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.