ExpertFlyer.com Help Desk Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 14, 2015, 12:53 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: 747FC
The ExpertFlyer support by email is at [email protected]

This is a community-maintained wiki, it is not necessarily endorsed by ExpertFlyer.

--------------------

Searches currently not working:
  • Upgrades - AY, BA, EK, EY, IB, QR, VS
  • Awards - AY, BA, IB, EY, QR, VS

To search AA upgrades:
  • Use the Award & Upgrade tool
  • Only search for individual segments (set the "Connection Preference" drop-down to "Direct/Non-Stop only"). Flight results that are part of a connection won't show the upgrade version of C or A inventory because AA only files upgrade inventory as individual, not married, segments. (Married segments show revenue inventory instead of upgrade inventory.)
  • To avoid confusion, check the "Exclude Codeshares" box, as AA awards and upgrades are not valid on codeshares.

Print Wikipost

ExpertFlyer.com Help Desk Thread

Search this Thread

Old Jul 25, 2023, 11:51 pm
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by alany611
"An error has occurred while communicating with the airline reservation system. The support team has been notified of this problem. Thank you for your patience and understanding."

Anyone know if this is impacting search results?
I don't think anything at all is working with EF. There's also this banner across the top of the site, and I've not been able to get results for any flights all day. "Notice: Please excuse the delays as our data providers are currently experiencing outages. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause. Thank you for your understanding."
sal77, bcnfish, PVDtoDEL and 1 others like this.
Old Jul 26, 2023, 1:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Adam Smith
I don't think anything at all is working with EF.
Same here all day long!
sal77 likes this.
Old Jul 26, 2023, 3:17 am

Programs: TK ELPL (*G), AS 100K (OWE), BA Gold (OWE), Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat, IHG Plat
Is there an estimate on when this outage is likely to be resolved?
Ross0, sal77, anthony.a and 1 others like this.
Old Jul 26, 2023, 9:42 am

Programs: AA P, QFPM, EYG, HH D, PC PA
Still down

Same message this morning. Search has had no results for 24hours now 😔
Alexandros Bravos likes this.
Old Jul 26, 2023, 9:56 am

Programs: LH HON, QF CL, SQ TPPS, AF Plat, VS Gold, VA Plat, EK Gold, HH Diamond, WoH Globalist, Marriott Plat
Driving me nuts. No flight searches for 24 hours.

Seat map search is working at least.
sal77 and Alexandros Bravos like this.
Old Jul 26, 2023, 9:56 am

I have had NO response from the EF team . I hope this is not a sign of impending closure of the EF site.... WHat a pity that would be...
Old Jul 26, 2023, 10:01 am

Programs: LH HON; UA GS; AF Plat; AA PP
I asked the helpdesk and they said they are working to get a fix as quickly as possible (which is kind of vague, as it does not really shed light on what the problem is). When a solution is found, they will adjust the subscription dates so as to compensate people for the days the service is down. No ETA provided ...
Old Jul 26, 2023, 10:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I love EF. I hope it doesn't follow the way of KVS.
athome, bcnfish and pdeut like this.
Old Jul 26, 2023, 10:14 am

Hopefully this isn't more than a temp system glitch, although it's highly usual that EF support has been pretty silent on details and unable to provide any estimated time for a fix.
Old Jul 26, 2023, 12:28 pm

Programs: Miles & Bonus (A3), Miles & More (LH)
I keep my fingers crossed that the issue will be solved sooner rather than later and of course it is of a technical rather than a financial nature.

Notice: Please excuse the inconvenience caused by the : Please excuse the inconvenience caused by the current outagesNotice: Please excuse the inconvenience caused by the current outages our data providers are experiencing. We apologize for any disruption this may cause and appreciate your understanding. Thank you for your patience. Thank you for your understanding our data providers are experiencing. We apologize for any disruption this may cause and appreciate your understanding. Thank you for your patience. Thank you for your understanding. outages our data providers are experiencing. We apologize for any disruption this may cause and appreciate your understanding. Thank you for your patience. Thank you for your understanding.
OttawaMark, Xandrios and PVDtoDEL like this.
Old Jul 26, 2023, 6:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K (1MM), DL Gold (1MM), Marriott LTT
I suspect the GDS that was feeding EF got cut off. For what reason who knows? It's been down over 36 hours now and I have flights coming up in a couple of days where I will really need the service. Not to mention the 9 segment international trip I have already booked in August that can easily go pear shaped. Truly hope it's just temporary as well.

-RM
Old Jul 26, 2023, 6:33 pm

Programs: AA EXP, IHG Spire Elite, Hilton Diamond
I've messaged Red Ventures, the folks that bought EF, to see if they can shed any light on when we can expect a return of service. Not expecting so, but still worth a shot.
(...of *course* it goes down now, just as I get clearance to book travel for the rest of the year! LOL)

Will report back when/if I get a response.
cesco.g likes this.
Old Jul 26, 2023, 6:41 pm

Programs: BA LTG, SQ TPPS, CX DMP, AA EXP, Bonvoy LTT, ALL PLT, Hilton DM
Are there any alternatives to flight search showing the buckets?
cesco.g likes this.
Old Jul 26, 2023, 6:53 pm
Formerly doc4science

Programs: United Airlines Silver, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by RobOnLI
I suspect the GDS that was feeding EF got cut off. For what reason who knows? It's been down over 36 hours now and I have flights coming up in a couple of days where I will really need the service. Not to mention the 9 segment international trip I have already booked in August that can easily go pear shaped. Truly hope it's just temporary as well.

-RM
Currently in the middle of a 17 segment trip (21 days) and just misconnected. Couldn’t have happened at a worse time.
Hope it’s up and running when you go on your trip.
Old Jul 26, 2023, 11:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Plat, Nat'l Exec Elite, Avis Presidents Club
I've not seen any other reports ot GDS or other similar travel data provider outages anywhere else in the news. Pure speculation, of course, but it doesn't exactly bode well for this being an issue with the data providers so much as an issue with ExpertFlyer's account with said data providers.
Xandrios likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.