ExpertFlyer.com Help Desk Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 14, 2015, 12:53 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: 747FC
The ExpertFlyer support by email is at [email protected]

This is a community-maintained wiki, it is not necessarily endorsed by ExpertFlyer.

--------------------

Searches currently not working:
  • Upgrades - AY, BA, EK, EY, IB, QR, VS
  • Awards - AY, BA, IB, EY, QR, VS

To search AA upgrades:
  • Use the Award & Upgrade tool
  • Only search for individual segments (set the "Connection Preference" drop-down to "Direct/Non-Stop only"). Flight results that are part of a connection won't show the upgrade version of C or A inventory because AA only files upgrade inventory as individual, not married, segments. (Married segments show revenue inventory instead of upgrade inventory.)
  • To avoid confusion, check the "Exclude Codeshares" box, as AA awards and upgrades are not valid on codeshares.

Print Wikipost

ExpertFlyer.com Help Desk Thread

Search this Thread

Old Jul 27, 2023, 11:28 am

Programs: SQ*G BA GGL/CCR
It’s back online…
Old Jul 27, 2023, 11:32 am

Programs: BA, TK, EK
It might be back... Just ran a successful query.
Old Jul 27, 2023, 11:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K (1MM), DL Gold (1MM), Marriott LTT
Same. I'm running successful queries on saved flight availability searches for NH and UA and they are returning results. Hopefully this is resolved permanently.

-RM
Old Jul 27, 2023, 11:46 am

Programs: AA Exec Plat; NEXUS
Yay, I'm back in business !! Just ran a few of my Saved queries & they returned results as expected. And, I was able to open the Seat Maps for those returned flights.
Old Jul 27, 2023, 1:37 pm

Programs: All of them!
Working well now in all aspects.
Old Jul 27, 2023, 2:00 pm

Programs: TK Elite+, FB Platinum, BAEC Gold, ALL Diamond, IHG Diamond Royal Ambassador
Confirmed by support as working
Hi xxxxxx, thank you for your patience as we've worked with our data provider on a resolution. We sincerely apologize for the issues that have affected ExpertFlyer's usability over the last 2 days. The site is now working as intended, and you should be able to search for your flights and set alerts as necessary.
percysmith likes this.
Old Jul 27, 2023, 2:16 pm

Programs: Miles & Bonus (A3), Miles & More (LH)
Good things come to those who wait
Old Jul 29, 2023, 6:21 am

Doesn't work for me as I get There was an error message from the airline when trying to retrieve this seat map: Error from schedule engine when trying to look up a UA flight to Costa Rica in December.

Last edited by dave237; Jul 29, 2023 at 6:22 am Reason: Add
Old Jul 29, 2023, 1:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

My searches are back to working as usual.
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Aug 5, 2023, 10:59 am

Programs: BA GGL, Gold for Life
I'm not sure if I'm missing something, but EF no longer seems to have correct data for some BA flights.

I'm looking for seats in F LHR-SYD Jan 5th. EF shows BA15 as F0, A0, but on BA.com I can book 4 seats on this flight in First.

Interestingly the seat map for that day on EF shows 4 available plus 2 blocked seats, whereas BA shows 4 available seats and 4 unavailable (if 1A and 1K were blocked not sold, I think as BA GGL they should be available to me)

It's very similar on Jan 4th with EF showing no availability in F or A, but showing 4 seats available on the seat map. BA is showing 4 seats available for that date

Does anyone know what's going on? Unless this is a temporary glitch, it would seem that EF can no longer be relied on for reliable availability information on BA
Old Aug 5, 2023, 12:11 pm

Programs: UA 1K & 1MM, HH Diamond, Marriott/SPG Gold (UA comp)
Originally Posted by GGLwannabe
I'm not sure if I'm missing something, but EF no longer seems to have correct data for some BA flights.

I'm looking for seats in F LHR-SYD Jan 5th. EF shows BA15 as F0, A0, but on BA.com I can book 4 seats on this flight in First.

Interestingly the seat map for that day on EF shows 4 available plus 2 blocked seats, whereas BA shows 4 available seats and 4 unavailable (if 1A and 1K were blocked not sold, I think as BA GGL they should be available to me)

It's very similar on Jan 4th with EF showing no availability in F or A, but showing 4 seats available on the seat map. BA is showing 4 seats available for that date

Does anyone know what's going on? Unless this is a temporary glitch, it would seem that EF can no longer be relied on for reliable availability information on BA
BA had not worked for years; that you're even getting something back is amazing.
Old Aug 5, 2023, 12:40 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, AA PPro, Hyatt Globalist, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by weezl
BA had not worked for years; that you're even getting something back is amazing.
I'm not sure what you mean. EF has not shown award availability for BA for quite sometime (not sure it's "years" but certainly getting close to that), but I believe it still shows fare information, seat maps, etc for paid tickets which is what the poster you replied to seemed to be referring to.

That said, I do fear that EF is slowing dying and it's certainly becoming far less useful for OneWorld fliers, since being sold off. The number of OW carriers that EF no longer displays award availability for just continues to grow. And I honestly don't really understand why given there is an increasing number of new tools springing up with each passing month (some of which are free or at least "freemium") that can show some of those awards (though certainly not all)

Regards
Global321 likes this.
Old Aug 5, 2023, 9:12 pm

Originally Posted by GGLwannabe

If you change the Point of Sale to UK you'll see the F6.
Old Aug 6, 2023, 1:10 am

Programs: BA GGL, Gold for Life
Originally Posted by lopinc1
If you change the Point of Sale to UK you'll see the F6.
Many thanks, I hadn't opened up advance options - that's more like it!

I should have stated in my original question that it's paid availability I'm looking at, albeit in order to see which flights, with the use of a space release, I may be able to secure reward flights on.
Old Aug 6, 2023, 4:19 pm
formerly mattking2000

Programs: BA|AC|AZ|SPG|H|FPC
Hi ExpertFlyer Voice

It's been noted that EK and FZ availability is often different (in paid fare buckets) than the website availability. Can you please provide some feedback on this?

Example can be found in this thread and found below: Expertflyer vs Website

Originally Posted by BA Humbug
Hi all,

There's an interesting availability issue I am noticing especially with FZ -- the website continues selling seats, however on Expertflyer they are 0'd out. For example, this is the availability showing from UAE POS (currently sitting in RAK) for a round trip DXB-ALA departing from T3 -- as you can see, 0 availability in Economy under FZ prime code FZ1739, 4+ in business, and the equivalent flight on EK codeshare showing 6 in Flex Plus Y:

This matches up with Emirates website for this flight, with 3 showing in Flex (booking into B class):

Now is where it gets fun: on FZ website, the FZ1721 (earlier) flight shows 1 seat left at the cheap price, whereas there are 3 seats left on the later flight (FZ1739), all in the lite fare bucket, even though Expertflyer (above) shows literally 0 seats up to Y on FZ1739. How are they still selling 3 lite fares?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.