ExpertFlyer.com Help Desk Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 14, 2015, 12:53 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: 747FC
The ExpertFlyer support by email is at [email protected]

This is a community-maintained wiki, it is not necessarily endorsed by ExpertFlyer.

--------------------

Searches currently not working:
  • Upgrades - AY, BA, EK, EY, IB, QR, VS
  • Awards - AY, BA, IB, EY, QR, VS

To search AA upgrades:
  • Use the Award & Upgrade tool
  • Only search for individual segments (set the "Connection Preference" drop-down to "Direct/Non-Stop only"). Flight results that are part of a connection won't show the upgrade version of C or A inventory because AA only files upgrade inventory as individual, not married, segments. (Married segments show revenue inventory instead of upgrade inventory.)
  • To avoid confusion, check the "Exclude Codeshares" box, as AA awards and upgrades are not valid on codeshares.

Print Wikipost

ExpertFlyer.com Help Desk Thread

Search this Thread

Old Mar 11, 2017, 11:07 am

Programs: AA EXP, lowly UA 1K; Hyatt Diamond, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold; National EC, Hertz PC
Why did they remove the sign in box from the main webpage (i.e. you have to click log in and jump to a separate page)?
Old Mar 11, 2017, 11:30 am
Left Expert Flyer 4/23

Lightbulb

Originally Posted by adambadam
Why did they remove the sign in box from the main webpage (i.e. you have to click log in and jump to a separate page)?
The simple answer is to make the site more secure in alignment with recent changes Chrome and Firefox have made. The main page login form will return with the next release, as early as next week.
Old Mar 13, 2017, 8:50 am

Programs: EL AL Matmid, BA Executive Club GfL, GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond, Avis President's Club
I cannot use ExpertFlyer today!
It can take a few attempts to log in successfully. However, even after getting the opening screen, any query will bring back the login page. Something must be rather buggy in your new login code.
Old Mar 13, 2017, 11:55 am
Left Expert Flyer 4/23

Originally Posted by mikebg
I cannot use ExpertFlyer today!
It can take a few attempts to log in successfully. However, even after getting the opening screen, any query will bring back the login page. Something must be rather buggy in your new login code.
Hi Mike. As we noted in our email, it looks like your browser isn't keeping the session cookie from one page to the next. Please try a different browser, private/Incognito mode, or disabling add-ons that might interfere with cookies or JavaScript.

Once you find what works you can then troubleshoot to find out what setting or add-on is causing the issue.
Old Mar 13, 2017, 12:47 pm

Programs: EL AL Matmid, BA Executive Club GfL, GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond, Avis President's Club
Originally Posted by ExpertFlyer Voice
Hi Mike. As we noted in our email, it looks like your browser isn't keeping the session cookie from one page to the next. Please try a different browser, private/Incognito mode, or disabling add-ons that might interfere with cookies or JavaScript.

Once you find what works you can then troubleshoot to find out what setting or add-on is causing the issue.
This seems to be a Firefox release 52 problem. It works under Chrome browser in Linux, but fails in all combinations I have tried with Firefox, both in Linux and in Windows. Even with all addons disabled ('safe mode').
Old Mar 13, 2017, 2:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Originally Posted by Globaliser
For the information of other EF users who may see this thread: I've now encountered some similar issues with false negatives being returned on some (but not all) BA routes. LON-TXL and LHR-JNB are the two about which I've made specific reports to EF already, but of course there may well be more routes affected.
Is there any news about when this issue (previously reported to you by email) might be fixed, please?

A check done just now shows that LHR-JNB continues to return false negatives.
Old Mar 13, 2017, 9:26 pm
Left Expert Flyer 4/23

Originally Posted by mikebg
This seems to be a Firefox release 52 problem. It works under Chrome browser in Linux, but fails in all combinations I have tried with Firefox, both in Linux and in Windows. Even with all addons disabled ('safe mode').
As we noted in our email reply, we use Firefox 52 here to test and aren’t experiencing the problem nor have we had reports from other users. Please try a different computer with Firefox or if you have a laptop, at different location (different Internet connection). For further tech help please email us directly.

Originally Posted by Globaliser
Is there any news about when this issue (previously reported to you by email) might be fixed, please?

A check done just now shows that LHR-JNB continues to return false negatives.
We have no news, we are awaiting notification from the data provider that the problem has been solved. We will email you when it is.
Old Mar 14, 2017, 1:04 am

As we noted in our email reply, we use Firefox 52 here to test and aren’t experiencing the problem nor have we had reports from other users. Please try a different computer with Firefox or if you have a laptop, at different location (different Internet connection). For further tech help please email us directly.
For the time being I am managing with the previous release of Firefox, which has no problems at all.
Old Mar 14, 2017, 1:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
We have no news, we are awaiting notification from the data provider that the problem has been solved. We will email you when it is.
Thank you - much appreciated.
Old Mar 16, 2017, 9:36 pm

Programs: BA(GGL) QF LTS CX AM, Hilton Diamond, PPL(A)
Not sure if this is the right place to ask, but I have a suggestion for EF

Would it be possible to put in "flying time / duration" as an additional output after the "flight availability" search?

Its obviously easy to calculate within the same time zone, but going across time zones gets trickier - so it would be useful to see it at a glance
Old Mar 16, 2017, 10:38 pm

Originally Posted by ermen
Would it be possible to put in "flying time / duration" as an additional output after the "flight availability" search?
Click the "View Flight Details" icon, which is the middle icon in the right-most column (after classes).
Old Mar 17, 2017, 2:56 pm

Programs: AA (Plt Pro; 1.5 MM)
I have a small request / suggestion. Can we go back to the previous home page in which a login window used to appear at the upper right corner?

At some point that was replaced by the present login button, which needs to be clicked in order to get to the login window. While not exactly a life and death issue, having to click unnecessarily over time becomes annoying.

There is no need to have the home page devoted 100% to newcomers. You have many seasoned and repeat visitors and a portion of it could be aimed at accommodating them too.
Old Mar 17, 2017, 4:57 pm
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Originally Posted by aktchi
I have a small request / suggestion. Can we go back to the previous home page in which a login window used to appear at the upper right corner?
See posts #1319 and #1320 above.
Old Mar 18, 2017, 4:43 am

Programs: IB Plat - Hilton Gold - Marriott Gold - IHG Ambassador
Good morning, do you have fares/availabilty information for the new low cost company launched by Iberia/BA yesterday? It is called LEVEL. I do not see it online. Thanks.
Old Mar 18, 2017, 12:56 pm
Left Expert Flyer 4/23

Lightbulb

Originally Posted by chejus
Good morning, do you have fares/availabilty information for the new low cost company launched by Iberia/BA yesterday? It is called LEVEL. I do not see it online. Thanks.
ExpertFlyer shows all published fares. There is no separate airline named "Level" at this time:

From https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Level_(airline)

All Level flights will initially be operated by sister airline Iberia, using the Spanish national carrier's flight and cabin crew, as well as the IB flight code.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.