ExpertFlyer.com Help Desk Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 14, 2015, 12:53 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: 747FC
The ExpertFlyer support by email is at [email protected]

This is a community-maintained wiki, it is not necessarily endorsed by ExpertFlyer.

--------------------

Searches currently not working:
  • Upgrades - AY, BA, EK, EY, IB, QR, VS
  • Awards - AY, BA, IB, EY, QR, VS

To search AA upgrades:
  • Use the Award & Upgrade tool
  • Only search for individual segments (set the "Connection Preference" drop-down to "Direct/Non-Stop only"). Flight results that are part of a connection won't show the upgrade version of C or A inventory because AA only files upgrade inventory as individual, not married, segments. (Married segments show revenue inventory instead of upgrade inventory.)
  • To avoid confusion, check the "Exclude Codeshares" box, as AA awards and upgrades are not valid on codeshares.

Print Wikipost

ExpertFlyer.com Help Desk Thread

Search this Thread

Old Dec 4, 2016, 7:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: American Airlines
Originally Posted by jerry a. laska
I think the OP must be referring to UDU for EXP and is using a UA term. OP see:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...questions.html
From the wiki:

You can also search for expertflyer in that thread:
Sorry yes was using a UA term. That helps thx!
Old Dec 5, 2016, 1:02 am
Left Expert Flyer 4/23

Lightbulb

Originally Posted by Genouver
Hi. I'd like to track how many seats are remaining on a particular flight departing a particular day, in Economy. This is a revenue ticket, not an award trip. Is there any tool that will ping me when inventory changes? Can this be done with the free version? (it appears not as the Seat Alert doesn't seem to apply). I'm looking for some alternative to having to constantly log into the carrier's website with credentials, and clicking through various stages before seeing a diagram of seating availability.

For example, is there a feature that will email me every time a seat is sold in Economy, and confirm how many Economy seats remain?

Thanks.
The airlines don't publish the exact number of tickets available. Only when fare classes (http://www.expertflyer.com/frequent-...ams#flightInfo) go below a certain level (about 7) do you get to see the real number of how many tickets in that fare class they are willing to sell (which may still not be the true amount remaining if the flight is being oversold).

You can use Flight Alerts, which is a Premium feature (http://www.expertflyer.com/frequent-...rograms#alerts) to let you know when any fare class changes, either going higher than a certain value or lower then a certain value.
Old Dec 10, 2016, 9:48 am

Programs: JL GC | Marriott LT Silver | Global Entry | SQ Silver
JL Award fare code?

I'm trying to create a flight alert for JL when they release an award seat for Business Class, does anybody know what is the JL fare code?
Old Dec 10, 2016, 9:53 am
Left Expert Flyer 4/23

Lightbulb

Originally Posted by lcpteck
I'm trying to create a flight alert for JL when they release an award seat for Business Class, does anybody know what is the JL fare code?
Unfortunately, you cannot create a Flight Alert for airlines that don't publish their award data. JAL doesn't, which is why they are not listed on the airline list in the Award & Upgrade search or the supported award/upgrade airline list on the Help page (http://www.expertflyer.com/sessionlessClassList.do)
Old Dec 10, 2016, 9:57 am

Programs: JL GC | Marriott LT Silver | Global Entry | SQ Silver
Originally Posted by ExpertFlyer Voice
Unfortunately, you cannot create a Flight Alert for airlines that don't publish their award data. JAL doesn't, which is why they are not listed on the airline list in the Award & Upgrade search or the supported award/upgrade airline list on the Help page (http://www.expertflyer.com/sessionlessClassList.do)
Thank you for the insight!
Old Dec 18, 2016, 6:53 pm
sxc
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: CX Green, QF Platinum, BAEC Silver, Hyatt Glob
For Flight Availability, is there a way to just enter the date and flight number to have the availability details pop up rather than put in all the route details?
Old Dec 18, 2016, 7:34 pm
Left Expert Flyer 4/23

Lightbulb

Originally Posted by sxc
For Flight Availability, is there a way to just enter the date and flight number to have the availability details pop up rather than put in all the route details?
No, a city pair is required. However if you want to look up the city pair of a flight you can use the Flight Details search.

Last edited by ExpertFlyer Voice; Dec 18, 2016 at 8:11 pm
Old Dec 18, 2016, 11:16 pm

Programs: KL PFL; BA Gold; A3 Silver; EY Silver; SU Silver
How do I access the DOT petition on fair competition? On my laptop pushing 'Act now' has not effect, and on mobile this button is not even visible.
Old Dec 19, 2016, 7:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Keter
How do I access the DOT petition on fair competition? On my laptop pushing 'Act now' has not effect, and on mobile this button is not even visible.
Along those lines: Thank you to EF for pointing out that petition! ^

Should that not justify its own thread/sticky, if it is not already up somewhere?
Would encourage all FTers to sign it!
Old Dec 19, 2016, 11:20 am
IMH

Programs: BA Gold; Accor Plat; IHG Diamond-Amb; Meliá & HH & Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by Keter
How do I access the DOT petition on fair competition?
I assume this refers to the online petition at http://airtravelfairness.org/ that ExpertFlyer recently encouraged subscribers and followers to support.

It is not a "DOT petition". It is supported, and was probably initiated, by an industry group, TravelTech. If you take part, your message and the contact details you enter should be passed to the DoT. The "privacy" policy also allows them to be passed to TravelTech.
Old Dec 19, 2016, 12:29 pm
Left Expert Flyer 4/23

Lightbulb

Originally Posted by IMH
I assume this refers to the online petition at http://airtravelfairness.org/ that ExpertFlyer recently encouraged subscribers and followers to support.
The folks at TravelTech created the airtravelfairness.org site to facilitate a letter writing campaign to the DOT and be able to make your voice heard without having to figure out how to leave a comment with the DOT.

If you wish to comment to the DOT directly you may do so here: https://www.regulations.gov/document...2016-0204-0002
Old Dec 20, 2016, 10:48 am

Programs: AC*SE, SPG Plat, National Exec Elite
Newbie question here.

If I am searching for star alliance award space on a Lufthansa flight (for example) where I intend to use Aeroplan miles to book should I be searching using Air Canada as the airline or should I select Lufthansa as the airline? It seems that availability differs significantly between the two.
Old Dec 20, 2016, 3:42 pm
Left Expert Flyer 4/23

Lightbulb

Originally Posted by fly_yag
Newbie question here.

If I am searching for star alliance award space on a Lufthansa flight (for example) where I intend to use Aeroplan miles to book should I be searching using Air Canada as the airline or should I select Lufthansa as the airline? It seems that availability differs significantly between the two.
You select the airline that operates the flight. As noted in the search results, we show the partner level inventory for LH.
Old Dec 26, 2016, 3:52 am

Programs: Double OWE (AA EXP, QF Plat), FI Gold
Good morning! I'm trying to do various searches this morning (seat maps, awards/upgrades, fares) and the site is not responsive - I even had trouble logging on. Any relief in sight? It's been like this for the last few times I've logged in ever since renewing my Premium service about a week ago.
Old Dec 26, 2016, 6:56 am
IMH

Programs: BA Gold; Accor Plat; IHG Diamond-Amb; Meliá & HH & Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by zpaul
[...] site is not responsive [...] trouble logging on. [...] It's been like this [...] since renewing my Premium service
Have you sent an email to [email protected] ? All anyone else can do is say whether or not they are having similar problems. (I have used EF several times in the past few days and everything has been fine.)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.