ExpertFlyer.com Help Desk Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 14, 2015, 12:53 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: 747FC
The ExpertFlyer support by email is at [email protected]

This is a community-maintained wiki, it is not necessarily endorsed by ExpertFlyer.

--------------------

Searches currently not working:
  • Upgrades - AY, BA, EK, EY, IB, QR, VS
  • Awards - AY, BA, IB, EY, QR, VS

To search AA upgrades:
  • Use the Award & Upgrade tool
  • Only search for individual segments (set the "Connection Preference" drop-down to "Direct/Non-Stop only"). Flight results that are part of a connection won't show the upgrade version of C or A inventory because AA only files upgrade inventory as individual, not married, segments. (Married segments show revenue inventory instead of upgrade inventory.)
  • To avoid confusion, check the "Exclude Codeshares" box, as AA awards and upgrades are not valid on codeshares.

Print Wikipost

ExpertFlyer.com Help Desk Thread

Search this Thread

Old Mar 27, 2017, 9:48 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by ExpertFlyer Voice
Facebook pushed an update after hours today that broke login buttons across many sites. If they don't fix it by tomorrow morning, we will implement our own work around.

In the mean time you can email [email protected] and have us remove FB from your account so you can login with your email and password you set.
This problem was present this morning, PDT. So it's been going on for at least 12 hours.
Old Mar 27, 2017, 10:04 pm
Left Expert Flyer 4/23

Originally Posted by canadiancow
This problem was present this morning, PDT. So it's been going on for at least 12 hours.
We are based in Eastern time, and didn't notice any issues until later in the day. Again, if you want us to remove Facebook from your account just email us to ask.
Old Mar 28, 2017, 10:01 am

Programs: DL DM/2.768MM, Global Entry, Titanium_Marriott, GHertz
While using EF today, I decided to check flight availability and seats on my KLM flights from ORD-CPT via AMS in October. EF shows my reserved seats as available.

I returned first to the DL web (ticket purchased from DL over phone) then to the KLM web and the seat assignments show up the same on both webs. What is in play here?
Old Mar 28, 2017, 1:58 pm
Left Expert Flyer 4/23

Originally Posted by Xeno
While using EF today, I decided to check flight availability and seats on my KLM flights from ORD-CPT via AMS in October. EF shows my reserved seats as available.

I returned first to the DL web (ticket purchased from DL over phone) then to the KLM web and the seat assignments show up the same on both webs. What is in play here?
Without knowing the date/flight/seat you are referring to we really can't help you. Please email the details to us.

In cases like these it can be that a certain seat was requested, but not yet assigned.
Old Mar 28, 2017, 2:45 pm

Programs: DL DM/2.768MM, Global Entry, Titanium_Marriott, GHertz
Originally Posted by ExpertFlyer Voice
Without knowing the date/flight/seat you are referring to we really can't help you. Please email the details to us.

In cases like these it can be that a certain seat was requested, but not yet assigned.
I entered the wrong dates on the outbound so now I can see my assigned seats as occupied using EF. Sorry for the miscue.
Old Mar 30, 2017, 4:18 pm

I admit I wrote to EF CS directly, but posting here may be a faster way to get an answer.

I signed up for premium membership to monitor availability of an EY award. However, I discovered that for a couple of dates that I am NOT interested in, EY shows availability on both segments if I search for for India-AUH-USA, but no availability if I search for AUH-USA only. This is true both on EF directly and on etihad.com.

However, EF only allows setting award alerts for individual flights.

So, assuming that the same behavior may be shown for the date I AM interested in, EF is unable help me watch for an award becoming available, do I understand that correctly? The India-AUH-USA award may possibly open up, but EF can only be set to watch for the individual segments so it won't see it?
Old Mar 30, 2017, 9:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by SeeBuyFly
..... EY shows availability on both segments if I search for for India-AUH-USA, but no availability if I search for AUH-USA only. This is true both on EF directly and on etihad.com....
EF doesn't support married segment availability neither for awards nor for paid.
Old Apr 13, 2017, 2:43 pm

I see J5 U0 C0 on a flight showing 14 of 28 seats open in Bus. Yesterday it was J6 with the same number of open seats. Why wouldn't EF still show J7? Sorry if this is obvious.
Old Apr 13, 2017, 3:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Originally Posted by melrowgo
I see J5 U0 C0 on a flight showing 14 of 28 seats open in Bus. Yesterday it was J6 with the same number of open seats. Why wouldn't EF still show J7? Sorry if this is obvious.
If you use "open seats" to mean seats that are unallocated on the seat map, that can have very little to do with availability numbers. Trying to align one with the other is a bit like trying to read tea leaves.
Old Apr 27, 2017, 12:25 pm

Programs: Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond, Radisson Rewards Gold, Best Western Diamond Select
I had an alert set on Expertflyer, alert never went off but I happen to see the availability on AA website. Pretty disappointed I never had this issue on United alerts.
Old Apr 27, 2017, 7:43 pm
Left Expert Flyer 4/23

Lightbulb

Originally Posted by slickvik
I had an alert set on Expertflyer, alert never went off but I happen to see the availability on AA website. Pretty disappointed I never had this issue on United alerts.
As we previously mentioned via email, the alerts check several times a day, not every second, so if you check manually and take any available seat/inventory, there wouldn’t be anything left to alert you on when the alert is next checked. The alerts are designed to check when you are not.

If you want to see if an alert would notify you of currently available inventory, you can go to the View Saved Alerts page and click on the Quick Check button next to the alert. You will then be told if inventory is available, meaning if the alert was checked right then, you would be notified.
Old Apr 29, 2017, 1:40 am

Programs: VS, BA, HH Gold
Flight Delay Codes

How do you search flight delay reason and how do you decode them?

Looking for BA249, 28th April, delayed 3+ hours so should qualify for EU261 compensation if Technical Reason
Old Apr 29, 2017, 3:41 am

Programs: BA Silver
Originally Posted by ScubaRoo
How do you search flight delay reason and how do you decode them?

Looking for BA249, 28th April, delayed 3+ hours so should qualify for EU261 compensation if Technical Reason
From Expertflyer.
DOBA249/28APR
* OPERATIONAL FLIGHT INFO * BA 249 -1 FR 28APR17
CITY INFO HOUR (LOCAL)

LHR ESTIMATED TIME OF DEPARTURE 1550
LEFT THE GATE 1612
TOOK OFF 1635
DELAY ZO
ESTIMATED TIME OF ARRIVAL 2342 GIG
GIG AIRCRAFT LANDED 2334
ARRIVED 2341
*1A PLANNED FLIGHT INFO* BA 249 -1 FR 28APR17
APT ARR DY DEP DY CLASS/MEAL EQP GRND EFT TTL
LHR 1230 FR FAJCDRIWETY/M 777 11:45

Delay reason ZO is 'operations'. There is a list of BA codes you can find by a Google Search.

Assume late plane change due to availability.

G-YMMK which is shown to have operated flight landed at 1145 after operating BA196 from IAH so no chance of getting away on time.
Old Apr 29, 2017, 3:16 pm

Programs: VS, BA, HH Gold
Thanks!

Originally Posted by peterinlewesuk
From Expertflyer.
DOBA249/28APR
* OPERATIONAL FLIGHT INFO * BA 249 -1 FR 28APR17
CITY INFO HOUR (LOCAL)

LHR ESTIMATED TIME OF DEPARTURE 1550
LEFT THE GATE 1612
TOOK OFF 1635
DELAY ZO
ESTIMATED TIME OF ARRIVAL 2342 GIG
GIG AIRCRAFT LANDED 2334
ARRIVED 2341
*1A PLANNED FLIGHT INFO* BA 249 -1 FR 28APR17
APT ARR DY DEP DY CLASS/MEAL EQP GRND EFT TTL
LHR 1230 FR FAJCDRIWETY/M 777 11:45

Delay reason ZO is 'operations'. There is a list of BA codes you can find by a Google Search.

Assume late plane change due to availability.

G-YMMK which is shown to have operated flight landed at 1145 after operating BA196 from IAH so no chance of getting away on time.
​​​​​​really appreciate you sharing, sounds like a €300/pax claim under EU261 is a slam dunk.
Old May 14, 2017, 9:10 pm

Programs: AA EXP, lowly UA 1K; Hyatt Diamond, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold; National EC, Hertz PC
Been using EF a lot lately. Anyone else wish for the following features, in no particular order:

- Ability to recall a recent search to quickly redo a search on a subsequent session
- A smart date field (like SFDC and other websites) where you don't have to exactly nail the format
- Ability to click into a flight's detailed status when searching flight status by city pair
- Ability to quickly reset/smartly modify a flight alert. For example, you get notified that a certain seat you had been monitoring opened up, but you want to keep the alert on for the rest of the seats requested.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.