ExpertFlyer.com Help Desk Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 14, 2015, 12:53 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: 747FC
The ExpertFlyer support by email is at [email protected]

This is a community-maintained wiki, it is not necessarily endorsed by ExpertFlyer.

--------------------

Searches currently not working:
  • Upgrades - AY, BA, EK, EY, IB, QR, VS
  • Awards - AY, BA, IB, EY, QR, VS

To search AA upgrades:
  • Use the Award & Upgrade tool
  • Only search for individual segments (set the "Connection Preference" drop-down to "Direct/Non-Stop only"). Flight results that are part of a connection won't show the upgrade version of C or A inventory because AA only files upgrade inventory as individual, not married, segments. (Married segments show revenue inventory instead of upgrade inventory.)
  • To avoid confusion, check the "Exclude Codeshares" box, as AA awards and upgrades are not valid on codeshares.

Print Wikipost

ExpertFlyer.com Help Desk Thread

Search this Thread

Old Dec 27, 2022, 7:32 pm
Left Expert Flyer 4/23

Originally Posted by secretflyer
I'm getting this message for looking a seat map to check availability in F for ANA:

There was an error message from the airline when trying to retrieve this seat map: PRS NOT ALLOWED THIS CLASS OR ZONE

What does this mean? Anyway around this?
It means the airline isn't allowing seat assignments in the cabin so it isn't returning a seat map.
Old Jan 1, 2023, 9:19 am

Programs: Aeroplan 75K
Not sure if anyone else is seeing this but I've had some issues with the log-in with Facebook on ExpertFlyer. Tried on Edge, Safari, and Chrome. Developer tool console shows:

Code:
Uncaught ReferenceError: loginFB is not defined at HTMLDivElement.onclick ((index):187:85) onclick @ (index):187:85)
Old Jan 1, 2023, 11:51 am
Left Expert Flyer 4/23

Originally Posted by mb4wong
Not sure if anyone else is seeing this but I've had some issues with the log-in with Facebook on ExpertFlyer. Tried on Edge, Safari, and Chrome. Developer tool console shows:

Code:
Uncaught ReferenceError: loginFB is not defined at HTMLDivElement.onclick ((index):187:85) onclick @ (index):187:85)
Known issue to be fixed next week. Use the home page not /login.do also make sure all the cookies are turned on in the Cookie Settings in the footer.
mb4wong likes this.
Old Jan 2, 2023, 1:33 am

Programs: CX Gold, UA Silver, Bonvoy Titanium
Inventory numbered "L"

Might be a basic one, but what does "L" mean in the context of fare inventory? See pic
IMH likes this.
Old Jan 2, 2023, 11:26 am
Left Expert Flyer 4/23

Originally Posted by wkwc
Might be a basic one, but what does "L" mean in the context of fare inventory? See pic
If you click on the fare class it gives you the description of what the value means.
wkwc likes this.
Old Jan 12, 2023, 3:54 am

Programs: ?
Iberia not listed among airlines to search award availability for

Originally Posted by ExpertFlyer Voice
That's correct. If you email customer support then we will notify you as soon as it's available again, thanks.
Originally Posted by CasaDeTony
Unfortunately BA & Iberia awards searches are currently failing with this error:
Originally Posted by CasaDeTony
Looks to be broken again. Getting this error just now with an Iberia award search:
Just sharing it for anyone who might be registering with ExpertFlyer for the sole purpose to find Iberia award availability (like I did an hour ago): it appears like Iberia just has been removed from the list of airlines to be selected on ExpertFlyer for the award availability search. Iberia award information does not appear to be displayed on ExpertFlyer. So in case you are looking like myself to use your Iberia Avios to fly business with Iberia, you might have to manually check on Iberia.com or try to find a different service.
Old Jan 12, 2023, 8:59 am
formerly mattking2000

Programs: BA|AC|AZ|SPG|H|FPC
Hi, I realize this is a small-ish amount of people who need this service, but I'm going to ask anyway as I suspect timatic SHOULD have this info -- is there a way to see BN(O), British National (Overseas) visa / travel requirements?

It's a second class of British citizenship that doesn't confer as wide-ranging visa-free travel as a full British subject, but one with a separate passport nonetheless:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Britis...seas)_passport
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Visa_r...nals_(Overseas)
... and while Wikipedia is great, it's not exactly something airline agents see / rely on!

Appreciate any help into this.

Last edited by BA Humbug; Jan 12, 2023 at 9:07 am
Old Jan 12, 2023, 10:24 am
Left Expert Flyer 4/23

Originally Posted by beautiful_planet
Just sharing it for anyone who might be registering with ExpertFlyer for the sole purpose to find Iberia award availability (like I did an hour ago): it appears like Iberia just has been removed from the list of airlines to be selected on ExpertFlyer for the award availability search. Iberia award information does not appear to be displayed on ExpertFlyer. So in case you are looking like myself to use your Iberia Avios to fly business with Iberia, you might have to manually check on Iberia.com or try to find a different service.
We publicly post the current list of supported Award & Upgrade airlines/classes on our Help/FAQ page here: https://www.expertflyer.com/sessionlessClassList.do

Originally Posted by BA Humbug
Hi, I realize this is a small-ish amount of people who need this service, but I'm going to ask anyway as I suspect timatic SHOULD have this info -- is there a way to see BN(O), British National (Overseas) visa / travel requirements?

It's a second class of British citizenship that doesn't confer as wide-ranging visa-free travel as a full British subject, but one with a separate passport nonetheless:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Britis...seas)_passport
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Visa_r...nals_(Overseas)
... and while Wikipedia is great, it's not exactly something airline agents see / rely on!

Appreciate any help into this.

We may be able to, but adding an option to select an alternate document type is something that would have to take a back seat to other work we're doing. Send us an email if you didn't already so we can catalog it, thanks.
Old Jan 15, 2023, 12:42 pm

Programs: AlaskaAir, AirVistara
Hi everyone, found a couple of 'fare basis' codes on expertflyer while searching for a paid ticket. Is calling the airline and providing them the fare basis code, still the only way, or prefferred way to book? Had the ET susbscription long time ago, got confused and let the sub expire. Signed up again yesterday and want to make sure I am using it as supposed to. Thanks in advance!
Old Jan 16, 2023, 11:46 am

Originally Posted by Advaitha
Hi everyone, found a couple of 'fare basis' codes on expertflyer while searching for a paid ticket. Is calling the airline and providing them the fare basis code, still the only way, or prefferred way to book?
Just having a fare basis is not enough. You must meet all of the requirements and restrictions in the fare. You must be eligible to buy that fare. There must be appropriate inventory available to use that fare on the flights you want to take. All of these items can be researched on ExpertFlyer; it involves more work than just finding a fare basis you like.

If your goal is just to find the cheapest fare for a certain flight, Google Flights will suit you better. EF is more about finding out why a cheap fare is not available for your desired travel dates, and what you need to change in your itinerary to get the cheap fare (if at all possible).
Old Jan 16, 2023, 2:13 pm

Programs: AlaskaAir, AirVistara
Originally Posted by mozilla
Just having a fare basis is not enough. You must meet all of the requirements and restrictions in the fare. You must be eligible to buy that fare. There must be appropriate inventory available to use that fare on the flights you want to take. All of these items can be researched on ExpertFlyer; it involves more work than just finding a fare basis you like.

If your goal is just to find the cheapest fare for a certain flight, Google Flights will suit you better. EF is more about finding out why a cheap fare is not available for your desired travel dates, and what you need to change in your itinerary to get the cheap fare (if at all possible).
Thank you! The goal is to find the right flight, price and make sure its available and book it. I found the right flight and fare, (not sure about eligibility. How/where to read this?) and was blocked at the booking stage. Lets assume if I got all that, is calling the airline with the fare code is the only way?
Old Jan 22, 2023, 2:23 pm

Programs: AAdvantage, Krisflyer, Velocity
Hi, I just paid for an Expert Flyer membership. I'm trying to find award availability in July 2023 on UA 100 which is a flight from SYD to IAH, however it's not showing up even in the Flight Timetable results.

Like the flight info hasn't been loaded? It has Ending date in the timetable results of Feb 9th 2023.
Old Jan 22, 2023, 2:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amex Gold/Plat, UA *G, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Gold, NEXUS, TSA Disparager Unobtanium
Originally Posted by zan5hin
Hi, I just paid for an Expert Flyer membership. I'm trying to find award availability in July 2023 on UA 100 which is a flight from SYD to IAH, however it's not showing up even in the Flight Timetable results.

Like the flight info hasn't been loaded? It has Ending date in the timetable results of Feb 9th 2023.
FYI— IAH-SYD, no longer offered seasonal for North American Summer 2023 starting 24 March
Old Jan 22, 2023, 2:38 pm

Programs: AAdvantage, Krisflyer, Velocity
Thanks, I was trying to find a United PDF or something to figure this out. What a hassle.
Old Jan 22, 2023, 4:21 pm

Programs: UA 1K and PP, AA PPro (3MM, former CK), Marriott Ambassador and LTT, Uber One
I am getting a Captcha-type verification every 3 queries or so. Today is the first time I've ever seen this (I've been a user since 2006), and it's happened maybe 6-7 times. I am using my home internet connection with no VPN, like I often do. Are others seeing this? Is there something new?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.