Search

Star Alliance/Oneworld Award Planning with Award Nexus

Search this Thread

Old Apr 14, 2014, 3:01 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by znac1
Thank you for a great tool!
Great to have you as a member!

Let me know if there is anything I can help with your trip.
Old Apr 19, 2014, 8:14 pm

Great idea, although it absolutely didn`t work for me. There was 0 found searches to CDG (I put three different dates with a range of 7 days), but the points I was given were deducted (each search "cost" 16 points). Regular United and AA find the awards though.

The tool has a lot of work to do before you can charge for it. If I had to pay, I would had been disputing the charge right away.

Good luck! Let me know if you need screenshots or any other help.

Made more attempts. It looks like the tool doesn`t see all airports served by US Airways/AA, but shows many (maybe all) choices for AA from other airports. From what I see, US Airways "visibility" wasn`t there. Maybe the tool should include nearby airports and taxes :-)

Last edited by Kat007; Apr 19, 2014 at 9:03 pm Reason: add
Old Apr 19, 2014, 9:01 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Kat007
Great idea, although it absolutely didn`t work for me. There was 0 found searches to CDG (I put three different dates with a range of 7 days), but the points I was given were deducted (each search "cost" 16 points). Regular United and AA find the awards though.

The tool has a lot of work to do before you can charge for it. If I had to pay, I would had been disputing the charge right away.

Good luck! Let me know if you need screenshots or any other help.
I did a search on UA / AA sites and I don't see any saver awards for your 21-days travel period (with the exception of a single, undesirable, 35 hours 2-stop itinerary on US and BA).

Just as a reminder: Award Nexus is focused on finding the cheaper low-level saver awards. It doesn't show regular AA anytime / UA standard awards, since those are not capacity-controlled and you can book them at any time.

If you need more help, let me know.
Old Apr 19, 2014, 9:35 pm

Originally Posted by ckpeter
I did a search on UA / AA sites and I don't see any saver awards for your 21-days travel period (with the exception of a single, undesirable, 35 hours 2-stop itinerary on US and BA).

Just as a reminder: Award Nexus is focused on finding the cheaper low-level saver awards. It doesn't show regular AA anytime / UA standard awards, since those are not capacity-controlled and you can book them at any time.

If you need more help, let me know.
AA shows Saver award for 50K from the desired airport, on US Airways and very reasonable taxes, and the Nexus doesn`t show that seat. It`s another question if it is convenient or not (but this seat doesn`t require to change airports, as in most of my Nexus cases from not desired airport, high taxes, and changes from LHR-LGW etc). Maybe something to look at. I though you are looking for a constructive criticism to improve tool?
Old Apr 19, 2014, 10:43 pm

I though you are looking for a constructive criticism to improve tool?
Constructive feedback is feedback that is actionable, in this case it would probably help if you noted the specific search w/ dates so he could replicate the results.

Also, it's not very "constructive" to say "If I had to pay, I would had been disputing the charge right away." as all that does is waste his time dealing with a fraudulent dispute. In general, if you don't like the quality of a product you purchased, you first work with the merchant to make it right. Disputes are for fraudulent credit card transactions, not for punishing business owners or a substitute for a bug report.
Old Apr 19, 2014, 11:37 pm

Originally Posted by lopinc1
Constructive feedback is feedback that is actionable, in this case it would probably help if you noted the specific search w/ dates so he could replicate the results.

:

He found that AA for 50k when searched on aa.com, but not using Nexus, but he found it not quite convenient, read his post before making suggestions.
Old Apr 20, 2014, 12:13 am
Original Poster

AA shows Saver award for 50K from the desired airport, on US Airways and very reasonable taxes, and the Nexus doesn`t show that seat. It`s another question if it is convenient or not (but this seat doesn`t require to change airports, as in most of my Nexus cases from not desired airport, high taxes, and changes from LHR-LGW etc). Maybe something to look at. I though you are looking for a constructive criticism to improve tool?
It looks like there are some confusion. Remember, Award Nexus submits your search on your behalf to your selected airline sites. The results you see are returned from those airlines sites.

It is to be expected that you will see some difference in the options returned. If you find certain airport or routing not supported, you need to construct your search differently. As an example, the Oneworld (BA) airline site generally would not return connection longer than 4 - 8 hours. The previous 35 hours itinerary I mentioned included an overnight 23 hours layover in London. If you wanted to see that, you needed to break down your search and search for the CLT-LHR long-haul flight by itself.

I encourage you to read the airline sites section of the Tips page, to get a sense of what the airline sites limitations are, so you can search accordingly:

https://awardnexus.com/page/tips

Also, check out the Search Guide about how to break down your search and uncover more availability:

https://awardnexus.com/page/guide

Let me know if you have more questions.
Old Apr 20, 2014, 1:28 am

It looks like there are some confusion. Remember, Award Nexus submits your search on your behalf to your selected airline sites. The results you see are returned from those airlines sites.

It is to be expected that you will see some difference in the options returned. If you find certain airport or routing not supported, you need to construct your search differently. As an example, the Oneworld (BA) airline site generally would not return connection longer than 4 - 8 hours. The previous 35 hours itinerary I mentioned included an overnight 23 hours layover in London. If you wanted to see that, you needed to break down your search and search for the CLT-LHR long-haul flight by itself.

I encourage you to read the airline sites section of the Tips page, to get a sense of what the airline sites limitations are, so you can search accordingly:

https://awardnexus.com/page/tips

Also, check out the Search Guide about how to break down your search and uncover more availability:

Let me know if you have more questions.

The front page of Nexus claims that it has more accurate and better results. You are telling a different thing here.
Old Apr 20, 2014, 8:59 am
Original Poster

The front page of Nexus claims that it has more accurate and better results. You are telling a different thing here.
First of all, if you looking for help on a specific trip, make sure your post the specific trip details such as city pair, travel period, and what mileage you are redeeming.

It looks like you are misunderstanding the nature of the service here. Award Nexus gives you very powerful access to some great award resources, but you can't do one search and always expect to see every available award. Sometimes that's the case, but other times, in order to uncover more availability, you need to construct your searches properly in order to to get the best results. This means breaking down the search, selecting the right airline site, and making sure that you understand the limitation of each site.

You should check out the Search Guide. It helps you make the best use of Award Nexus:

Most of the suggestions I posted came straight from the guide. I highly recommend you read it first. If you still have question, I am here to help.
Old Apr 24, 2014, 11:43 am
IMH

Programs: BA Gold; Accor Plat; IHG Diamond-Amb; Meliá & HH & Marriott Gold
Am I alone in being a little scared by the "Close Account" option that appears on the drop down list we need to access to log out, tucked between "Purchase Point" and "Terms of Service"?

I'd guess that if I accidentally click on it I'll get a dialogue that gives me a choice between confirming and cancelling the account closure, rather than losing my account and points with just one click, but I'd still be happier to see the option moved to a place where I'm less likely to select it by mistake.
Old Apr 24, 2014, 11:55 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by IMH
Am I alone in being a little scared by the "Close Account" option that appears on the drop down list we need to access to log out, tucked between "Purchase Point" and "Terms of Service"?

I'd guess that if I accidentally click on it I'll get a dialogue that gives me a choice between confirming and cancelling the account closure, rather than losing my account and points with just one click, but I'd still be happier to see the option moved to a place where I'm less likely to select it by mistake.
That's a good point!

Not sure what I was thinking when I put it there, but I took it out now. Thanks.
Old Apr 24, 2014, 12:11 pm
IMH

Programs: BA Gold; Accor Plat; IHG Diamond-Amb; Meliá & HH & Marriott Gold
I took it out
Now that's what I call a quick response. Thank you!
Old Apr 29, 2014, 6:50 am

Programs: Lanpass, Aerolíneas Plus
Support to he LANPASS and AEROLINEAS PLUS programs

Hi,

Does this tool support LANPASS program (Oneworld) and Aerolíneas Plus program (Skyteam)?

Cheers
Old Apr 29, 2014, 8:50 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by jlcota
Hi,

Does this tool support LANPASS program (Oneworld) and Aerolíneas Plus program (Skyteam)?

Cheers
Hi there. Yes. Award Nexus has coverage for both oneworld and SkyTeam airline awards, so you can use it for award redemption with either program.

Let me know if you have more question.
Old Apr 29, 2014, 2:07 pm

Peter

How do we purchase a TripPass? I can't seem to find it

I don't see such option at https://awardnexus.com/pass/list page (I already have a free one from earlier trial)
Also don't see it at https://awardnexus.com/page/premium

and is it still $29 per pass?

I want to buy one for a Europe trip in 2015, but I do want the ability to find 3 seats instead (current limit is 2). Is that possible?

Another thing:
You could probably grey out/hide the button [Change trip*] on the TripPass page, if trip is already over 100 points?
* You can make changes within the first 100 points of usage.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.