Star Alliance/Oneworld Award Planning with Award Nexus

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Star Alliance/Oneworld Award Planning with Award Nexus

Search this Thread

Old Sep 15, 2015, 4:19 pm

Originally Posted by jerryhung
In the search dropdown, select 3? I wish it supports 4 or even more...
https://awardnexus.com/collage/search

The dropdown only gives me the option for 1 or 2 seats.

http://imgur.com/Mt0HL8F
Old Sep 15, 2015, 4:43 pm
Original Poster

awardnexus

Originally Posted by PWMTrav
The dropdown only gives me the option for 1 or 2 seats.

http://imgur.com/Mt0HL8F
Thanks for being a member, PWMTrav!

A community account supports searching for up to 2 passengers. If you purchase an upgrade to premium membership, you can search up to 4-9 passengers.

https://awardnexus.com/page/premium

Let me know if you have more questions.

Originally Posted by jerryhung
In the search dropdown, select 3? I wish it supports 4 or even more...
https://awardnexus.com/collage/search

jerryhung, your account can search up to three passengers, because you are an elite member.

Just to clarify, Award Nexus supports search of up to 9 passengers, when you upgrade to premium membership. If you find Award Nexus useful and wants it to continue for the future, please consider paying for a membership. You will gain greater search functionality and also help to keep the service sustainable in the long-run.

Thank you for your support.
Old Sep 16, 2015, 8:17 am

Originally Posted by ckpeter
Thanks for being a member, PWMTrav!

A community account supports searching for up to 2 passengers. If you purchase an upgrade to premium membership, you can search up to 4-9 passengers.

https://awardnexus.com/page/premium

jerryhung, your account can search up to three passengers, because you are an elite member.

Just to clarify, Award Nexus supports search of up to 9 passengers, when you upgrade to premium membership. If you find Award Nexus useful and wants it to continue for the future, please consider paying for a membership. You will gain greater search functionality and also help to keep the service sustainable in the long-run.

Thank you for your support.
Thanks Peter
I guess BASIC = 2 pax, ELITE = 3 pax, PAID = 4~9, got it

I didn't realize dropdown is also tier-based, my bad, just because most public search queries is the same whether it's for 1 pax or 4 paxs (e.g. Aeroplan or UA), but I guess this does indeed create a demand for premium membership
Old Sep 16, 2015, 9:39 am

Got it, thanks. I'm going to stick with KVS and EF for now. I might as well use what I've already paid for at least.
Old Nov 14, 2015, 8:58 pm

Programs: UA Premier 1K, AC SE, Delta Platinum Medallion, Marriott Titanium
Does AC rouge not show up on Award Nexus?

A YUL-LAS search for December 20th 2015 came up blank.
Old Nov 14, 2015, 10:51 pm
Original Poster

awardnexus

Originally Posted by MDFFlyer
Does AC rouge not show up on Award Nexus?

A YUL-LAS search for December 20th 2015 came up blank.
Hi, AC rouge is supported. However, award will only be shown if there are available saver seats. I checked and don't see any saver seats available on Dec 20 for YUL-LAS, so that's why you don't see anything return.

Old Nov 14, 2015, 11:48 pm

Programs: UA Premier 1K, AC SE, Delta Platinum Medallion, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by ckpeter
Hi, AC rouge is supported. However, award will only be shown if there are available saver seats. I checked and don't see any saver seats available on Dec 20 for YUL-LAS, so that's why you don't see anything return.

Thanks - makes sense!
Old Nov 15, 2015, 9:52 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by MDFFlyer
Thanks - makes sense!
Of course! Let me know if you need any help with your award trip.
Old Jan 21, 2016, 4:28 pm

Great search capability

Just tried Award Nexus for the first time and very pleased with the search capability especially being able to search + or - 7 days.

Looking forward to using it to identify award seats this spring.

Thanks!

Last edited by ftnewbie2004; Jan 21, 2016 at 4:29 pm Reason: mispelled Title
Old Jan 21, 2016, 6:49 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by ftnewbie2004
Just tried Award Nexus for the first time and very pleased with the search capability especially being able to search + or - 7 days.

Looking forward to using it to identify award seats this spring.

Thanks!
Great to have you as a member! Let me know if you need any help with your trip.
Old Feb 1, 2016, 11:02 pm

Hey, I bought a premium membership today and wanted to know if the search I created is the right approach. I am trying to book 2 first class Jal tickets so I set up 14 day alerts from 4 US airports. Is this not a great use of the search system as in one departure airport should be sufficient?

Thanks!
Old Feb 2, 2016, 2:06 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by khochurn
Hey, I bought a premium membership today and wanted to know if the search I created is the right approach. I am trying to book 2 first class Jal tickets so I set up 14 day alerts from 4 US airports. Is this not a great use of the search system as in one departure airport should be sufficient?

Thanks!
Hi, welcome! Glad to have you as a member!

It is a good strategy, but if your trip is toward the end of year, it is also one that uses a lot of points. I think you can get similar effect if you limit it to just a single route for your 14-days scan. Use Oneworld (BA) and you will get coverage for some of the additional connecting options.

Actually, if you are fixed on the trip and want to run the long-term monitoring, you may want to consider the new Power Pass. It is a more cost-effective way of searching for awards for a fixed trip that you expect would use a fair amount of points:

https://awardnexus.com/page/trip_pass

One Power Pass can easily monitor the 14-days period for 4 months, and upwards of 7+ months if you want to reduce the period monitored to 7 days. Send me an email [email protected] and I can swap out the purchase for you.
Old Apr 2, 2016, 7:02 am

Programs: AA LTP 3.3 MM, VS G, BA, Hyatt D, Hilton D
hi,
please could we have a delete feature in the "Automated Search History" / "Manage Email Alerts" Section

I know I have asked for this request directly about 2 years ago, but its very irritating to go into quick select and filter every time i have to refresh the page.
please please please.
thanks
Rich
Old Apr 3, 2016, 8:49 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by LamboRich
hi,
please could we have a delete feature in the "Automated Search History" / "Manage Email Alerts" Section

I know I have asked for this request directly about 2 years ago, but its very irritating to go into quick select and filter every time i have to refresh the page.
please please please.
thanks
Rich
Hi Rich. Very sorry to hear that the history page is not working well for you!

Let me explain - the way the system is designed is that all the alerts have to remain in the system, even if canceled, for tracking purpose. Also, some members have the need to go back to re-setup old alerts, that's why the old ones remain visible.

The way the listing works, normally all the active ones are listed on top, so you don't usually need to go down the page or filter for it.

Let me know if there is something else about the listing that bothers you.
Old Apr 3, 2016, 10:08 pm

Programs: AA LTP 3.3 MM, VS G, BA, Hyatt D, Hilton D
Could the view at least only default to active searches ?
So old ones can be displayed but with the click of a button rather than displaying everything (New and old ).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.