Search

Star Alliance/Oneworld Award Planning with Award Nexus

Search this Thread

Old Apr 29, 2014, 2:49 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by jerryhung
Peter

How do we purchase a TripPass? I can't seem to find it

I don't see such option at https://awardnexus.com/pass/list page (I already have a free one from earlier trial)
Also don't see it at https://awardnexus.com/page/premium

and is it still $29 per pass?

I want to buy one for a Europe trip in 2015, but I do want the ability to find 3 seats instead (current limit is 2). Is that possible?

Another thing:
You could probably grey out/hide the button [Change trip*] on the TripPass page, if trip is already over 100 points?
* You can make changes within the first 100 points of usage.
Hi there. Thanks for your interest. You can find the Trip Pass product page here:

https://awardnexus.com/page/trip_pass

The pass is priced at $39 for a full year of unlimited search, but only support up to 2 passengers. If you need to search for 3 passengers, you may want to purchase a premium membership instead.

Thanks for the feedback on the Change Trip button. I will review it for the next design revision.

Let me know if you have any more question or thoughts.
Old Apr 29, 2014, 7:26 pm

Thanks Peter

Hard-limit of 2 passengers may be the deal killer for me for now vs. regular search supporting 3 passengers

I'll see how other tools work out when availability opens up in a few months
I much prefer AwardNexus' calendar view of options!!!
Old Apr 29, 2014, 11:09 pm
Original Poster

Thanks Peter

Hard-limit of 2 passengers may be the deal killer for me for now vs. regular search supporting 3 passengers

I'll see how other tools work out when availability opens up in a few months
I much prefer AwardNexus' calendar view of options!!!
I see. In that case, you should purchase the Premium Advanced or Premium Expert memberships. I think you will find that, over several trips, the premium membership comes out to be cheaper per trip than a Trip Pass. Usually around $15 - $25 per trip. Not to mention you have the full flexibility to search.

P.S. Before you make a purchase, send me an email.
Old Jun 18, 2014, 4:33 am

Hey, I'm trying to plan a trip for my wife and I to go to South Africa for about 1.5-2 weeks. It seems like the only direct in business is SAA, but no availability there. There are many *A options out there, but its pretty difficult to search segment by segment on ANA's site. I can route through MUC, FRA, GRU, LHR, ZRH, IST, CAI, and maybe some others I missed. If we have to connect, we typically like to stay for a day or a long layover to check the city out while there. In addition, there are some options on OW and SkyTeam as well. What's the best way to search availability on all options for this on award nexus? Is the Trip Pass the best bet? I'm not sure of I understand it.. why wouldn't everyone get that pass instead of paying $60-$250 for the other options?

Also, I've seen others paste screen shots of that calendar availability view and I'd love to have access to that to visualize the options. thanks
Old Jun 18, 2014, 9:37 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by drdavidge
Hey, I'm trying to plan a trip for my wife and I to go to South Africa for about 1.5-2 weeks. It seems like the only direct in business is SAA, but no availability there. There are many *A options out there, but its pretty difficult to search segment by segment on ANA's site. I can route through MUC, FRA, GRU, LHR, ZRH, IST, CAI, and maybe some others I missed. If we have to connect, we typically like to stay for a day or a long layover to check the city out while there. In addition, there are some options on OW and SkyTeam as well. What's the best way to search availability on all options for this on award nexus? Is the Trip Pass the best bet? I'm not sure of I understand it.. why wouldn't everyone get that pass instead of paying $60-$250 for the other options?

Also, I've seen others paste screen shots of that calendar availability view and I'd love to have access to that to visualize the options. thanks
The Trip Pass is designed for the case when you have a specific trip you want to search, and then you expect it to be either long-term or relatively point-heavy in usage. It's a great value if you fit those descriptions.

A premium membership works in the case when you expect to search for multiple trips, because in that case, the cost averaging over multiple trips would only be about $20 - $25/trip. It also gives you more flexibility, if you need to search for a trip with more than 2 passengers or greater than 45 days travel period.

I think either product will work very well for you, but given that you are already familiar with Award Nexus, I lean toward suggesting that you get the Premium Advanced (4-8 trips) or Premium Expert (8-16 trips) options, as you can get the highest level of access with the most flexibility.

The calendar view is available to you now. Just click on some of the tabs on the top of the display. The actual date range will correspond to your membership (e.g. 14 days for most paid membership, but some elite Premium Expert members can search up to 29 days at a time).

Let me know if you have more question.
Old Aug 29, 2014, 9:00 am

Programs: DL DM, HH Gold, SPG Gold, Hyatt Plat
Is it possible to just migrate or easily turn a search into an email alert? A lot of times I find myself putting in 4, 6, or 8 sets of search criteria to look up an award, and then later decide to set up an email alert. Having to retype everything out again for the alert gets a little tedious. Would love is there was some way to convert a general search into a scheduled search, sort of like how you can turn a search on EF into a seat alert or fare class alert.

Edit:
Also wanted to make a comment about your pricing to see if it's how you intended it. It's currently the cheapest to buy the least amount of points. At the mid level you get double the points but pay more than double the cost. There's a slight discount between mid level and high level, but buying 4 "premium basic" packages is still a cheaper way to get the same points as one premium expert.
Old Aug 29, 2014, 11:10 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by roknroll
Is it possible to just migrate or easily turn a search into an email alert? A lot of times I find myself putting in 4, 6, or 8 sets of search criteria to look up an award, and then later decide to set up an email alert. Having to retype everything out again for the alert gets a little tedious. Would love is there was some way to convert a general search into a scheduled search, sort of like how you can turn a search on EF into a seat alert or fare class alert.

Edit:
Also wanted to make a comment about your pricing to see if it's how you intended it. It's currently the cheapest to buy the least amount of points. At the mid level you get double the points but pay more than double the cost. There's a slight discount between mid level and high level, but buying 4 "premium basic" packages is still a cheaper way to get the same points as one premium expert.
Hi there. Yes. There is a quick way to turn a search into an automated search. If you look at the top-left corner. There is a "Schedule an automated search" button, which will pre-fill the details from the search from you.

Regarding pricing - Once you include the current bonus, the Premium Basic has half the points, proportionally, as Advanced or Expert. I see that you recently made a purchase. Send me an email at [email protected] and I will help you swap out the purchase for Advanced / Expert, which with the current bonus will give you twice the amount of points for the same dollar.
Old Aug 29, 2014, 5:25 pm

Programs: DL DM, HH Gold, SPG Gold, Hyatt Plat
Ahhh, forgot about the bonus! Thanks!
Old Oct 13, 2014, 5:41 pm

Programs: AA EP, HH Diamond, Marriott Plat
Just trying this out today for the first time and have a couple questions.

1) why does it say JL doesn't fly to DFW when they do?
2) how do I go about requesting the additional 100 pts once I exhaust the initial 100?

Thanks.
Old Oct 13, 2014, 6:29 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by shootermcgav1n
Just trying this out today for the first time and have a couple questions.

1) why does it say JL doesn't fly to DFW when they do?
2) how do I go about requesting the additional 100 pts once I exhaust the initial 100?

Thanks.
Welcome!

JL doesn't fly it's own metal to DFW. If you see any DFW-NRT JL flights, they are codeshare operated by AA.

You can click on the refill button on the home page, once you have used up the first 100 points.

Old Oct 13, 2014, 6:49 pm

Programs: AA EP, HH Diamond, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by ckpeter
Welcome!

JL doesn't fly it's own metal to DFW. If you see any DFW-NRT JL flights, they are codeshare operated by AA.

You can click on the refill button on the home page, once you have used up the first 100 points.

Ahhh makes sense, didn't notice the icons til now. Couple follow up questions, any idea how certain awards, when found, translate to AA miles? ie, I'm looking for Business class saver fares, but some of the results returned thus far have been showing as JL 50k fares.

Also, not sure if you can answer but I'm actually looking for ATL-PVG roundtrip tix. My only options out of ATL is via BA and going through London, hence looking for options in Dallas/Chicago/LA. If I find a suitable fare, would they tack on their domestic connections, all for 1 reward redemption?

Thanks so much.
Old Oct 14, 2014, 7:37 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by shootermcgav1n
Ahhh makes sense, didn't notice the icons til now. Couple follow up questions, any idea how certain awards, when found, translate to AA miles? ie, I'm looking for Business class saver fares, but some of the results returned thus far have been showing as JL 50k fares.

Also, not sure if you can answer but I'm actually looking for ATL-PVG roundtrip tix. My only options out of ATL is via BA and going through London, hence looking for options in Dallas/Chicago/LA. If I find a suitable fare, would they tack on their domestic connections, all for 1 reward redemption?

Thanks so much.
If you take a standard transpacific routing, the award should be redeemable at 55K AA miles per person one way. Routing through Europe will require two awards with higher prices.

If you can find award availability on the domestic leg, you can tack on to your international flight for the same award price, subject to MPM and routing requirements.

Make sure you follow the Search Guide for some more ideas on how to uncover additional awards:

https://awardnexus.com/page/guide
Old Oct 14, 2014, 10:52 pm

Peter

few questions/ideas

1. For automated search @ Advanced level, "You can have up to 4 active automated searches. Each search can have multiple segments."
What is the difference really, between 1 search with 3 segment (say 2 *A and 1 OW) vs. 3 1-segment searches?
Only thing I can think of is DIFFERENT timing & notification options

2. Is it possible/hard to have different schedule/timing options?
e.g. instead of simply Daily for next 60 days, we can choose Weekly/Bi-Weekly (can choose Day 1 to 7), Monthly (on Day #)

3. When airline website is down (e.g. Aeroplan is under maintenance right now), do points get deducted? I see the alert email contained "alert message" and I do NOT believe it deducted any points, just like regular search error (no point deducted). Is that correct?

Thanks, keep up the good work
I have my flights booked and simply hoping to see an alert with availability
Old Oct 15, 2014, 7:39 am
IMH

Programs: BA Gold; Accor Plat; IHG Diamond-Amb; Meliá & HH & Marriott Gold
+1
Having the option to let certain searches run on a weekly basis would be an improvement.
Old Oct 16, 2014, 12:25 am
Original Poster

Peter

few questions/ideas

1. For automated search @ Advanced level, "You can have up to 4 active automated searches. Each search can have multiple segments."
What is the difference really, between 1 search with 3 segment (say 2 *A and 1 OW) vs. 3 1-segment searches?
Only thing I can think of is DIFFERENT timing & notification options

e.g. instead of simply Daily for next 60 days, we can choose Weekly/Bi-Weekly (can choose Day 1 to 7), Monthly (on Day #)

3. When airline website is down (e.g. Aeroplan is under maintenance right now), do points get deducted? I see the alert email contained "alert message" and I do NOT believe it deducted any points, just like regular search error (no point deducted). Is that correct?

Thanks, keep up the good work
I have my flights booked and simply hoping to see an alert with availability
Thanks for being a member. Here are some responses for you:

1) Basically, the separate automated search allows you to have separate timing and Quick Select settings. Otherwise, how you combine or separate the search segments is functionally the same.

2) The system is designed only for daily search now. Any reason why you would want weekly / monthly frequently? It seems like that stands a good chance of missing some awards.

3) An automated search is like a regular search in that points are only deducted for successful checks. If an airline site is down during an automated search, no points would be used.

Good luck with your redemption. Let me know if you have more question.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.