Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Star Alliance/Oneworld Award Planning with Award Nexus

Search this Thread

Old Mar 7, 2014, 7:31 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by ddjen11
Hi, just signed up to the site & liked the tabbed format of search results display. i was give 100 pts, i did 10 RT (no stopover) searches based on LAX/JFK/SEA to NRT that used 64 pts, . I will probably run out of pts before I even find what I need. I might have to go for Advanced.
question, on Search History, when I do a 'View' the display are from cache right? It's not a realtime results? I suppose that will use another x pts, thanks.
Glad to have you as a member!

To answer your question: when you "view" the search result from the history page, you are viewing a snapshot / cache of the results from the search done previously. Viewing is free and doesn't use any points.

If you want to re-run the search, click on "edit" then you can search from there. An actively initiated search will use points.

Don't forget that you can request an immediate 100 points refill. Of course, if you do find Award Nexus useful and happens to use up the initial 200 free points, please consider purchasing a premium membership or an unlimited search Trip Pass. Your support helps to keep the development going.

I hope this helps. Let me know if you have more question.
Old Mar 11, 2014, 12:47 pm

Programs: AA Platinum, PC Plat, Hertz 5*
is it down right now ?

Cant access awardnexus.com at the moment
Old Mar 11, 2014, 1:14 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by aterug
Cant access awardnexus.com at the moment
Sorry about that. There was a 10 - 15 minutes period of network problem, that's why awardnexus.com was not reachable.

The issue should be resolved. Please try again and let me know if you still have problem accessing the site.
Old Mar 11, 2014, 7:42 pm

Hi

I have tried to sign up for the free flyertalk account to have a look around but when I put in my username / email and go to verify nothing seems to happen? Perhaps the password does not get sent out automatically and I just need to wait?

Thanks
Donmonster
Old Mar 11, 2014, 7:46 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by donmonster
Hi

I have tried to sign up for the free flyertalk account to have a look around but when I put in my username / email and go to verify nothing seems to happen? Perhaps the password does not get sent out automatically and I just need to wait?

Thanks
Donmonster
Looks like you already have an account from two years ago. I requested a password reset email for you. Just follow the instruction to login.

Let me know if you have more question.
Old Mar 11, 2014, 8:33 pm

Top man thank you very much, can have a look around now. Appreciate it
Old Mar 14, 2014, 3:23 pm

Programs: whatever comes with CCs
Quick Q: Will award nexus show availability for Air Tahiti? I'm interested in LAX-CDG
Old Mar 14, 2014, 10:33 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by mintcilantro
Quick Q: Will award nexus show availability for Air Tahiti? I'm interested in LAX-CDG
Unfortunately, TN coverage is not available at the moment.

However, if you can send me your date range and cabin, I will be happy to run a search for you.
Old Mar 22, 2014, 4:39 pm

I've updated my browser (IE) to version 11. Since then, I have trouble running the tools, namely the route explorer. I often get the message that "the page requested is not available at the moment". Is this a know problem with Explorer?
Old Mar 22, 2014, 6:08 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by LearningToFly
I've updated my browser (IE) to version 11. Since then, I have trouble running the tools, namely the route explorer. I often get the message that "the page requested is not available at the moment". Is this a know problem with Explorer?
I don't believe so.

When you are using Route Explorer, are you picking the settings that takes a long time to run, such as 3 stops, or 150%+ max distance? That may cause the page to time out.

Another thing to try is to clear your browser cache.

Let me know if you have specific examples of when Route Explorer is returned as "not available".
Old Mar 31, 2014, 11:01 am

Thumbs up Thank You - Saved The Day

I would not have gotten our SFO-FLR Business Award seats on LH without the assistance of Award Nexus. I was frantically trying to book a Star Alliance award through USAir before they left the program. Finally last night I got an agent which was patient and listened to me as I rattled off the available segments. She was a bit amazed that I was coming up with routings that hadn't popped up on her system. I may have secured the last USAir Star Alliance award since my ticket email indicates it was booked @ 10 PM. Exactly when they exited. Again much thanks could not have done it with out Award Nexus.
Old Mar 31, 2014, 12:21 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by ch125giants
I would not have gotten our SFO-FLR Business Award seats on LH without the assistance of Award Nexus. I was frantically trying to book a Star Alliance award through USAir before they left the program. Finally last night I got an agent which was patient and listened to me as I rattled off the available segments. She was a bit amazed that I was coming up with routings that hadn't popped up on her system. I may have secured the last USAir Star Alliance award since my ticket email indicates it was booked @ 10 PM. Exactly when they exited. Again much thanks could not have done it with out Award Nexus.
That's great to know. Congratulations!

Glad to have you as a member. Do let me know if there is anything I can help.
Old Mar 31, 2014, 2:55 pm

I've played with my 1 free Trip Pass, in general very good, especially I liked the automated search part

Couple ideas/thoughts
1. As long as it's not too much load on the system, I'd prefer to have searching for 1-4 people (currently only 1-2 people)

2. Maybe a different background/color when searching under a Trip Pass (vs. searching using regular points). I know they share the same interface, but sometimes one could forget to go Homepage->Trip Pass->Search, instead do Homepage->Search directly

or... even have a simple check box in the search page, to "Use Trip Pass to search" instead of regular points, ha

3. Award Alert has 3 possible schedule - morning in NA/Europe/Asia, is it possible to get a time range? e.g. 7-9 am local time?
My 1st try was Morning in NA, and I think I didn't get mine till 10 am EST(??) and I'd prefer to get it before I wake up, so I then changed it to Europe, etc...

I'll add more comments if I think of any, but keep up the great work Peter!!
Old Apr 1, 2014, 4:07 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by jerryhung
I've played with my 1 free Trip Pass, in general very good, especially I liked the automated search part

Couple ideas/thoughts
1. As long as it's not too much load on the system, I'd prefer to have searching for 1-4 people (currently only 1-2 people)

2. Maybe a different background/color when searching under a Trip Pass (vs. searching using regular points). I know they share the same interface, but sometimes one could forget to go Homepage->Trip Pass->Search, instead do Homepage->Search directly

or... even have a simple check box in the search page, to "Use Trip Pass to search" instead of regular points, ha

3. Award Alert has 3 possible schedule - morning in NA/Europe/Asia, is it possible to get a time range? e.g. 7-9 am local time?
My 1st try was Morning in NA, and I think I didn't get mine till 10 am EST(??) and I'd prefer to get it before I wake up, so I then changed it to Europe, etc...

I'll add more comments if I think of any, but keep up the great work Peter!!
Thanks for posting, Jerry. A few replies:

1) The standard Trip Pass now supports up to 2 passengers. I will probably roll out additional Trip Pass with support for more passengers.

2) I hear you on the search process. Right now, you know that you are searching with a Trip Pass if you see your trip banner on top. I have some site redesign in progress, so that may change later.

3) Unfortunately, it's not really possible pin an exact moment on the daily search, due to the way the system is designed and the need for some occasional manual processing.

Glad to hear that you are making good use of your Trip Pass. Please do let me know if you have any other thoughts!
Old Apr 14, 2014, 2:03 pm

Thank you for a great tool!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.