FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Star Alliance/Oneworld Award Planning with Award Nexus
Old Apr 1, 2014, 4:07 pm
ckpeter

Originally Posted by jerryhung
I've played with my 1 free Trip Pass, in general very good, especially I liked the automated search part

Couple ideas/thoughts
1. As long as it's not too much load on the system, I'd prefer to have searching for 1-4 people (currently only 1-2 people)

2. Maybe a different background/color when searching under a Trip Pass (vs. searching using regular points). I know they share the same interface, but sometimes one could forget to go Homepage->Trip Pass->Search, instead do Homepage->Search directly

or... even have a simple check box in the search page, to "Use Trip Pass to search" instead of regular points, ha

3. Award Alert has 3 possible schedule - morning in NA/Europe/Asia, is it possible to get a time range? e.g. 7-9 am local time?
My 1st try was Morning in NA, and I think I didn't get mine till 10 am EST(??) and I'd prefer to get it before I wake up, so I then changed it to Europe, etc...

I'll add more comments if I think of any, but keep up the great work Peter!!
Thanks for posting, Jerry. A few replies:

1) The standard Trip Pass now supports up to 2 passengers. I will probably roll out additional Trip Pass with support for more passengers.

2) I hear you on the search process. Right now, you know that you are searching with a Trip Pass if you see your trip banner on top. I have some site redesign in progress, so that may change later.

3) Unfortunately, it's not really possible pin an exact moment on the daily search, due to the way the system is designed and the need for some occasional manual processing.

Glad to hear that you are making good use of your Trip Pass. Please do let me know if you have any other thoughts!