Reload this Page >

Star Alliance/Oneworld Award Planning with Award Nexus

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Star Alliance/Oneworld Award Planning with Award Nexus

Search this Thread

Old Jan 2, 2014, 12:47 am

Hi there, I just did a search and got 0 results and the message "Recovering from airline problem: non-existent session." However, it still took the points out of my account. I am not sure if I should try this search again or if there are actually no results. Can you explain? Thanks, and thanks again for an amazing tool.
Old Jan 2, 2014, 2:14 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by giblet
Hi there, I just did a search and got 0 results and the message "Recovering from airline problem: non-existent session." However, it still took the points out of my account. I am not sure if I should try this search again or if there are actually no results. Can you explain? Thanks, and thanks again for an amazing tool.
If the only message that you see is a green, informational, recovery message, then it just means that there was a temporary error but the backend was able to try again and perform the search successfully.

So, you don't need to do the search again.
Old Jan 8, 2014, 9:42 am
Original Member, Ambassador: External Miles and Points Resources

Location: Digital Nomad Wandering the Earth - Currently in LIMA, PERU
Wow. Just used this tool for the first time and it ROCKS. Absolutely perfect for my needs.

Nice job!
Old Jan 8, 2014, 12:16 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by kokonutz
Wow. Just used this tool for the first time and it ROCKS. Absolutely perfect for my needs.

Nice job!
kokonutz, great to have you as a member! Glad to hear that you found it useful.

Please feel free to get in touch if you have any question or need anything for your trip planning.
Old Jan 27, 2014, 4:40 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium, UA Silver, Hertz Gold
Peter: It is not clear in the write-up whether this service can expose Saver/discount awards.
It is also not clear if it can expose Upgrade Awards.
What is the situation there?
Thanks for this!
Old Jan 27, 2014, 5:05 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by pcoll52
Peter: It is not clear in the write-up whether this service can expose Saver/discount awards.
It is also not clear if it can expose Upgrade Awards.
What is the situation there?
Thanks for this!
Yes. Award Nexus specializes in searching and uncovering discounted low-level saver awards.

Upgrades are not currently supported (unless the airline in question treats upgrades the same as award inventory, such as BA or US).

Let me know if you have any more question.
Old Jan 27, 2014, 5:08 pm

Thanks for VERY speedy reply. I did sign up for the Community trial, and have self-discovered that the results for *Alliance(UA) show ONLY Saver Awards, which is fine by me!

If I Schedule an Automated Search, how often does that run? And, does it cost pts for each time it runs?

Thanks again,
Old Jan 27, 2014, 5:11 pm
Original Poster

Thanks for VERY speedy reply. I did sign up for the Community trial, and have self-discovered that the results for *Alliance(UA) show ONLY Saver Awards, which is fine by me!

If I Schedule an Automated Search, how often does that run? And, does it cost pts for each time it runs?

Thanks again,
Sure. Welcome!

You will need to purchase a Premium Membership or a Trip Pass to use the automated search feature. The point usage would be like a regular search, so each days it will use a few points.

Generally, I recommend that you set 3 - 5 points per daily search, per segment, or about 100 - 150 points used per a full 30 days of award monitoring.

If you have more question, just ask.
Old Jan 27, 2014, 5:13 pm

SUGGESTION
In the column for "Click for Details" my first impulse was to click on exactly those words, which does nothing.
Later, I find clicking in the 'box below' returns a pop-up with the Details. Maybe say "for Details, click in box below" ?
Us old people just take awhile... .
Old Jan 27, 2014, 5:27 pm
Original Poster

SUGGESTION
In the column for "Click for Details" my first impulse was to click on exactly those words, which does nothing.
Later, I find clicking in the 'box below' returns a pop-up with the Details. Maybe say "for Details, click in box below" ?
Us old people just take awhile... .
Thanks for the feedback!

I think part of the issue when the page was originally designed was that the width was not big enough. But I think you made a good point. I will add this to consideration for the next redesign.

Let me know if you have any other thoughts or comments.
Old Jan 28, 2014, 6:59 pm

After some minutes of use, I do have another suggestion.
The tab labeled "Mileage" could be more clear. I expected to see the Miles Flown, but what is shown are the Points/Mileage Used. Re-labeling would make this more clear.

And a question: Do the results from the various *A sites differ very much? At one time, ANA would show more partner availability than other sites, and if still true, then would a search on ANA get more results within *A? Just wondering about your opinion on this.

Thanks again,
Old Jan 28, 2014, 8:12 pm
Original Poster

After some minutes of use, I do have another suggestion.
The tab labeled "Mileage" could be more clear. I expected to see the Miles Flown, but what is shown are the Points/Mileage Used. Re-labeling would make this more clear.

And a question: Do the results from the various *A sites differ very much? At one time, ANA would show more partner availability than other sites, and if still true, then would a search on ANA get more results within *A? Just wondering about your opinion on this.

Thanks again,
That's a good point. I will keep it in mind for the next revision.

There are actually some fairly large differences between the various *A sites. For the same search, it is not unusual to see 30 - 40% difference in the airlines and connections that they offer. This is why I recommend that, for the initial few searches, that you ALWAYS pick all the airline sites, in order to see the maximum number of options.

In particular, ANA has probably the widest coverage for airlines, but is very limited in the connections that it offers. In contrast, AC and UA has much better set of connections offered, but they vary and it is always best to pick all the sites to gain the maximum visibility into what's available.

You may also want to check out the Search Guide, which goes into more details about how to do searches that would return the maximum amount of results:

https://awardnexus.com/page/guide
Old Jan 29, 2014, 5:00 pm

When some of the calendar results have a line through them, what does that mean?
Old Jan 29, 2014, 5:28 pm
Original Poster

When some of the calendar results have a line through them, what does that mean?
The strike-through means that that itinerary has a majority of the journey in economy cabin, and so represents a poor value for premium award redemption.
Old Mar 7, 2014, 2:29 pm

Hi, just signed up to the site & liked the tabbed format of search results display. i was give 100 pts, i did 10 RT (no stopover) searches based on LAX/JFK/SEA to NRT that used 64 pts, . I will probably run out of pts before I even find what I need. I might have to go for Advanced.
question, on Search History, when I do a 'View' the display are from cache right? It's not a realtime results? I suppose that will use another x pts, thanks.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.