Star Alliance/Oneworld Award Planning with Award Nexus

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Star Alliance/Oneworld Award Planning with Award Nexus

Search this Thread

Old Sep 13, 2017, 9:20 am

Programs: AA, UA, GE
I was thinking I would use a higher level than normal too. Are the Premium Points amounts for a given level a fixed amount for the subscription or is there any refill like being an elite member? Meaning if I do a Premium Advanced membership it appears I get 2000 Premium Points (1000 + 1000 bonus). Does my membership terminate upon exhausting the 2000 points?
Old Sep 13, 2017, 10:04 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by cheltzel
I was thinking I would use a higher level than normal too. Are the Premium Points amounts for a given level a fixed amount for the subscription or is there any refill like being an elite member? Meaning if I do a Premium Advanced membership it appears I get 2000 Premium Points (1000 + 1000 bonus). Does my membership terminate upon exhausting the 2000 points?
The premium status depends upon you having at least one valid premium point in your account, so if you use it up, it will expire (in any case, with no points, a premium account can't do much anyway).

If you need more points, you can always purchase another premium membership, which acts as a refill to extend your account.

Let me know if you have more questions.
Old May 6, 2018, 9:35 am

Programs: United 1k, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Plat
So have you guys removed the ability to search for two classes of awards at the same time? I don't see the Business + Economy option any more for instance.
Old May 6, 2018, 11:30 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Lavezzi
So have you guys removed the ability to search for two classes of awards at the same time? I don't see the Business + Economy option any more for instance.
Nothing has changed. I haven't changed that part of the code in 6+ years.

The multi-cabin feature is only enabled for premium membership though. So, if you downgraded your account to a community account, you wouldn't see those cabin combos.
Old Jul 2, 2018, 12:34 pm

I purchased a flight pass under my Flyertalk username, but having issues.

I'm looking for automated searches for sin-HKG and tpe- YVR, but on specific flights only. there are seats available in j on alternate flights, but I don't care about those as I am traveling with my family (currently booked in economy for those legs)

Is there a way to get an email only when a seat opens up on a specific flight?

Edit: think I figured it out. Under scheduled searches, picked option 3 for only sending me the filtered options, hoping it works for two independent legs

Last edited by crimsona; Jul 2, 2018 at 4:37 pm
Old Jul 3, 2018, 12:54 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by crimsona
I purchased a flight pass under my Flyertalk username, but having issues.

I'm looking for automated searches for sin-HKG and tpe- YVR, but on specific flights only. there are seats available in j on alternate flights, but I don't care about those as I am traveling with my family (currently booked in economy for those legs)

Is there a way to get an email only when a seat opens up on a specific flight?

Edit: think I figured it out. Under scheduled searches, picked option 3 for only sending me the filtered options, hoping it works for two independent legs
Yup. You got it.

As long as you have the right search segments and flight numbers in it, the email alert will fire when it finds availability, but otherwise stay quiet and not email you, except when there is an error, or when you need to renew the alert every 60 days.

Old Aug 23, 2018, 3:18 pm

I tried AwarNexus but it does not show EY, QF, CX availability or am I doing wrong?
Old Aug 23, 2018, 4:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
Awardnexus shows BA & QF -> both show CX.

I suggest you read this: https://www.pointhacks.com.au/where-...s-seats-intro/

and, perhaps, these:

The Free Flight Primer, Part Five: Using Award Nexus to Find Award Availability - Extra Pack of Peanuts

https://millionmilesecrets.com/guide...h-award-nexus/
Old Jul 24, 2019, 7:38 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond; IHG Platinum; Bonvoy Gold; AA Platinum Pro and United Premier Silver (DH = AA EXP)
I wanted to know if awardnexus shows point of sale by origination of travel or is it defaulted to a specific country? Or can we force a POS location?
Old Jul 25, 2019, 11:46 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by TravelLawyer
I wanted to know if awardnexus shows point of sale by origination of travel or is it defaulted to a specific country? Or can we force a POS location?
Award Nexus is primarily focused on US PoS. You can, of course, search all airports globally, but there is not a way to set a specific PoS for your search.

Thanks for asking. I hope this help.
Old Jul 25, 2019, 1:15 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond; IHG Platinum; Bonvoy Gold; AA Platinum Pro and United Premier Silver (DH = AA EXP)
Originally Posted by ckpeter
Award Nexus is primarily focused on US PoS. You can, of course, search all airports globally, but there is not a way to set a specific PoS for your search.

Thanks for asking. I hope this help.
Thanks. We discovered that on AA, sometimes the POS matters for award availability on partner carriers like JL.
Old Jul 27, 2019, 8:56 am

I want to book lax to nrt,hnd,or kix in biz two seats. Trip in November. Is there a way to set alert so that I am emailed as soon as two biz or first class saver seats become available?

Expert flyer doesnt have jal.

what level of membership is needed?
Old Jul 27, 2019, 10:29 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by webazoid
I want to book lax to nrt,hnd,or kix in biz two seats. Trip in November. Is there a way to set alert so that I am emailed as soon as two biz or first class saver seats become available?

Expert flyer doesnt have jal.

what level of membership is needed?
Sure. Any of the premium memberships will support setting up automated searches and email alerts for award.

If you only need to check a few days of availability, and you don't have any other trips in the near future, I suggest going with the lowest Premium Basic. It should cover your upcoming trip in November.

The higher memberships will be useful if you have additional trips in the planning, or if you want to do a very intense automated search setup (with many dates or segments).

Take a look: https://awardnexus.com/page/premium

Old Jul 31, 2019, 5:18 pm

Programs: Centurion, Virgin Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Hey,

I just signed up to Awards Nexus but I wasn't sure how to use it at the begging, and being the trigger heavy person that I am, I accidentally duplicated some searches that included ALL airlines, and managed to have used 34 points in about 2 minutes. As I only started with 100 points, I've dropped straight down to 66. Is there anything I can do to reverse the terrible mistake I have made haha!

(Also, I read that Flyertalk members start with 200 points, not 100?)

Many Thanks
Old Aug 1, 2019, 1:11 am
IMH

Programs: BA Gold; Accor Plat; IHG Diamond-Amb; Meliá & HH & Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by controlz
[...] Is there anything I can do to reverse the terrible mistake I have made [...]
For an individual support request, try sending a private message to ckpeter here on FlyerTalk or emailing [email protected] . Based on my experience you can expect a helpful reply.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.