Search

Star Alliance/Oneworld Award Planning with Award Nexus

Search this Thread

Old Jan 19, 2015, 2:40 pm
IMH

Programs: BA Gold; Accor Plat; IHG Diamond-Amb; Meliá & HH & Marriott Gold
A late response to one point:

Originally Posted by ckpeter
- If someone sets a weekly check, using a single point, that's 4-5 pt, or as little as $0.25 - $0.30, for the whole month. That's a very unprofitable search from a business perspective.
My local supermarket doesn't make much money when I buy a single apple, but they do rather well over the year by having me as a regular and generally happy customer.
Old Jan 19, 2015, 6:50 pm

Programs: Au: UA, Marriott, Hilton; GE
Can you help?

(reserved)
I just found out about your service, and did a little browsing on this thread. I am a former EF member, greatly dissapointed that EF no longer supports UA award searches.

My questions:

1. Do you currently support UA F and C award searches?

2. If I wanted to search for either an F or C, or just an F award between say LHR and HNL for a specific date in August 2015, would I be able to test this out with the Flyertalk membership. For how long would this search stay active?

3. Is HA still unavailable?

Thanks!
Old Jan 20, 2015, 7:34 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by jerryhung
Happy 2015

Still waiting for some new features, like Weekly search, ha

Another idea, should be easy to do
In email alert we get this hard-to-read result text, is it possible to show the simple routing at least?
I know we can click the link "Email is mobile-optimized and full result at XXX", login, see it, but showing the routing saves me a click, and I don't have to know which flight # is what

Current
[AC] YYZ-TPE 2 x Economy
=========================
SU-06-07: AC1175-BR9, AC1-BR195, AC8
80-BR88, AC1175-AC63-BR159

New
[AC] YYZ-TPE 2 x Economy
SU-06-07: AC1175-BR9 (YYZ-YVR-TPE), AC1-BR195 (YYZ-NRT-TPE), AC8
80-BR88 (YYZ-CDG-TPE), AC1175-AC63-BR159 (YYZ-YVR-ICN-TPE)
Happy 2015 to you too!

That's a good point on the routing. I have been wanting to revamp the email presentation. Changing it from text to HTML, so that more details can be displayed. Let me take a look and see if I can speed up some of the alert email format improvements.

Originally Posted by IMH
A late response to one point:

My local supermarket doesn't make much money when I buy a single apple, but they do rather well over the year by having me as a regular and generally happy customer.
Agreed.

There are already some cases now that are not individually sustainable, but overall helps member with redemption, so I am happy to leave them in. The trade-off is how much active development to devote to features that are purely loss leaders.
Old Jan 20, 2015, 7:40 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by 747FC
I just found out about your service, and did a little browsing on this thread. I am a former EF member, greatly dissapointed that EF no longer supports UA award searches.

My questions:

1. Do you currently support UA F and C award searches?

2. If I wanted to search for either an F or C, or just an F award between say LHR and HNL for a specific date in August 2015, would I be able to test this out with the Flyertalk membership. For how long would this search stay active?

3. Is HA still unavailable?

Thanks!
Hi! Thanks for your interest.

1) There are a number of Star Alliance airline sites available. I recommend using Star Alliance (ANA) to search, for the best results on finding awards on flights operated by UA.

2) You can do a one-time search for the award using the community membership. A premium membership is required if you want to set up an automated search.

3) HA is not currently available, but I am working on adding additional / unconventional airline data sources for premium members on a by-request basis. Send me an email after you set up an account, and I'll see what I can do.

Let me know if you have more questions.
Old Jan 20, 2015, 8:18 am

Happy 2015 to you too!

That's a good point on the routing. I have been wanting to revamp the email presentation. Changing it from text to HTML, so that more details can be displayed. Let me take a look and see if I can speed up some of the alert email format improvements.
Thanks, any improvement in email alert, is an improvement

Knowing the routing significantly reduces the time to "action" should a desired route opens up, assuming one already knows about the YQ, or approximate duration, etc...
e.g. If I see AC flights via PVG/NRT/HKG connecting to BR, I know that's a big YQ $ and avoid vs. AC flights via LAX/SFO/JFK connecting to BR, no YQ on that
Old Jan 22, 2015, 4:35 am

Thanks Peter, I see you've made changes to the email alert now showing the transfer airports

[AC] YYZ-TPE 2 x Economy
SU-06-07: AC1175-BR9 [YVR], AC1-BR19
5 [NRT], AC880-BR88 [CDG],
AC1175-AC63-BR159 [YVR|IC
N
]
Old Jan 22, 2015, 4:58 pm
Original Poster

Thanks Peter, I see you've made changes to the email alert now showing the transfer airports

[AC] YYZ-TPE 2 x Economy
SU-06-07: AC1175-BR9 [YVR], AC1-BR19
5 [NRT], AC880-BR88 [CDG],
AC1175-AC63-BR159 [YVR|IC
N
]
Well, you are certainly quick to notice!

The change was just pushed out and was undergoing testing in the last few days.
Old Jan 26, 2015, 3:38 am

Hi Peter

Can you please fix the DL search to correctly display the level of the availability based on the new 5-level award chart? Current results are unreliable. (It shows 12.5k awards when the DL site shows much higher levels.)

It would also be great if there was a way to ask AwardNexus to only display (or send an email alert) for levels at "Level X or lower", as now there is availability for almost any flight at the highest level.

(By the way, this thread is "Star Alliance/Oneworld Award Planning with Award Nexus" and DL is outside its scope. But there is no general thread for Award Nexus questions. Maybe you should rename this thread and/or start another one for general question or questions not connected to Star/Oneworld?)

Last edited by lewinr; Jan 26, 2015 at 4:01 am
Old Jan 26, 2015, 9:08 pm
Original Poster

Sorry about that. Due to recent changes, the SkyTeam (DL) airline site is not currently supported at this time. I will keep your suggestion for future enhancement.

Also, one tip for you: because of the recent DL program change, when you use DL miles, the partner flights are only available at the lowest availability level. There is not Level 2+ availability if you are redeeming non-DL partner flights.

I am working on some new award data sources with better reliability and accuracy for SkyTeam partner airlines. Send me an email with your login name and your account email. I will add you to the beta list for early access.
Old Feb 10, 2015, 10:34 pm

Another feature suggestion

When we search with +0 to +14 days, is it possible to show the real END date that will be searched (inclusive?) so we can be sure?
e.g. I searched starting 7/30+14 days, but then I wasn't sure if the end date is 8/12 or 8/13 (I think it does include 8/13). I then wanted to continue for the next 14 days after

Also as a result of "No flights found", The calendar actually shows NOTHING either to tell me if 8/12 or 8/13 have indeed been searched

See my search for example - 0 Flights found >> the calendar defaults to TODAY instead of showing BOLD dates (searched) with Flight options
I move to July/Aug 2015 and there's no indication I DID search for 7/30~8/13
https://awardnexus.com/collage/view/...ffb723a1934426
Old Feb 12, 2015, 10:43 pm
Original Poster

Another feature suggestion

When we search with +0 to +14 days, is it possible to show the real END date that will be searched (inclusive?) so we can be sure?
e.g. I searched starting 7/30+14 days, but then I wasn't sure if the end date is 8/12 or 8/13 (I think it does include 8/13). I then wanted to continue for the next 14 days after

Also as a result of "No flights found", The calendar actually shows NOTHING either to tell me if 8/12 or 8/13 have indeed been searched

See my search for example - 0 Flights found >> the calendar defaults to TODAY instead of showing BOLD dates (searched) with Flight options
I move to July/Aug 2015 and there's no indication I DID search for 7/30~8/13
https://awardnexus.com/collage/view/...ffb723a1934426
As far as adding the end date on the search form goes, it is something that has been considered. The problem is that the page is already very dense, and there isn't much room for additional display.

However, the workaround, and a reply to your question about not showing date range if no flights are found, is that you can check the box on the left and have the calendar display the date range. By default, a segment is not checked (and thus not shown in calendar) if it found no flights. If you just click on the checkbox, you will see that the calendar will highlight your date range, including the end date.
Old Apr 16, 2015, 7:43 pm

I'm new to Awardnexus but I've read good things about it. I'm trying to book a business flight from Lyon (LYS) to LAX in March 2016. AN shows availability in LX from LYS-ZRH-LAX on that date, but when I go to United webpage and search for the individual segments, I see availability from LYS-ZRH, but no J seats for ZRH-LAX. Would I just be able to call the United MP line to book these manually? AN does say "2 x NH business award"-- does that mean I can only book it with ANA miles and not United miles? I don't have any ANA miles.
Old Apr 17, 2015, 4:23 am

Originally Posted by DaveInLA
I'm new to Awardnexus but I've read good things about it. I'm trying to book a business flight from Lyon (LYS) to LAX in March 2016. AN shows availability in LX from LYS-ZRH-LAX on that date, but when I go to United webpage and search for the individual segments, I see availability from LYS-ZRH, but no J seats for ZRH-LAX. Would I just be able to call the United MP line to book these manually? AN does say "2 x NH business award"-- does that mean I can only book it with ANA miles and not United miles? I don't have any ANA miles.
Use Aeroplan.com to search that segment directly and you should know

ANA just recently changed their website, not sure if it's still working/accurate enough. But safe to check all 3 sources when in doubt - UA + ANA + Aeroplan
Old Apr 17, 2015, 7:25 am

Programs: Marriott, AAdvantage, United, Club Carlson
Can you fix it so you can search BOS-HKG on CX?
Old Apr 17, 2015, 7:58 am

Use Aeroplan.com to search that segment directly and you should know

ANA just recently changed their website, not sure if it's still working/accurate enough. But safe to check all 3 sources when in doubt - UA + ANA + Aeroplan
If it's available on Aeroplan, does that mean I should be able to book on United?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.