Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Star Alliance/Oneworld Award Planning with Award Nexus

Search this Thread

Old Aug 20, 2013, 12:05 pm

Programs: KF,JMB, OZ, SPG,AA,UA,AS
Peter,

I know I've posted this before but your product blows away the competition.

I just refilled more points today. I value my time and AwardNexus delivers.

Do you have any plans to add a search for KrisFlyer availability? I know it would be rather niche, but SQ's website is horrible and I think AwardNexus could really add value for SQ flyers.
Old Aug 20, 2013, 4:08 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by gpeso8
Peter,

Do you have any plans to add a search for KrisFlyer availability? I know it would be rather niche, but SQ's website is horrible and I think AwardNexus could really add value for SQ flyers.
Thank you, gpeso8.

I put a lot of time into optimizing Award Nexus, focusing on making it do award searches as fast and as attention-saving as possible. I am glad that you noticed.

I have plans to add support for SQ / KrisFlyer. As a matter of fact, I have a prototype connection working in the lab for about a year now, but I been busy and haven't had the time to go through the quality assurance process before releasing it.

I am hoping to do it later this year. Stay tuned.
Old Aug 21, 2013, 12:37 am

Programs: AA LTP 3.3 MM, VS G, BA, Hyatt D, Hilton D
how is Virgin Atlantic progressing ?

Hi Peter,
how is the Virgin Atlantic search progressing ?
Any Joy ?
Thanks
Rich.
Old Aug 21, 2013, 9:59 am

Programs: KF,JMB, OZ, SPG,AA,UA,AS
Originally Posted by ckpeter
Thank you, gpeso8.

I have plans to add support for SQ / KrisFlyer. As a matter of fact, I have a prototype connection working in the lab for about a year now, but I been busy and haven't had the time to go through the quality assurance process before releasing it.

I am hoping to do it later this year. Stay tuned.
Awesome! Can't wait.
Old Aug 21, 2013, 11:27 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by LamboRich
Hi Peter,
how is the Virgin Atlantic search progressing ?
Any Joy ?
Thanks
Rich.
Hey, Rich, I haven't forgotten about you. I know you asked about VS a while ago, and I had said it would be available soon.

The VS connection is already done and it is in experimental testing now. Part of my current plan is to create a special elite-only program that gives access to those experimental airline sites. Once I have that set up, you will have access. I am hoping to get it work out later this year.

Thanks for your patience!
Old Oct 31, 2013, 5:45 am

Hi Peter,
I have been using the Virgin Atlantic interface now for a few weeks and it seems to work very smoothly.
Thank you for getting VS online its saving me lots of time.

What I have noticed though is a change of how "flight availability" is displayed.
Before it would show exactly how many available seats there are on a flight.
Now it only shows how many seats you have requested ie. "1 x BA First award"

an example of this is
LHR - MIA Sept 10 2014
There are two flights with 4 seats in F on both
However with the tool now it only displays 1 x BA First Availability, where in the past it would display 4 x BA First.

please could you fix this as this is a major pain as i now need to check manually how many seats are available.

Thanks
Rich

------------------------------------------

Hey, Rich, I haven't forgotten about you. I know you asked about VS a while ago, and I had said it would be available soon.

The VS connection is already done and it is in experimental testing now. Part of my current plan is to create a special elite-only program that gives access to those experimental airline sites. Once I have that set up, you will have access. I am hoping to get it work out later this year.

Thanks for your patience!
Old Oct 31, 2013, 10:46 am
Original Poster

Hi Peter,
I have been using the Virgin Atlantic interface now for a few weeks and it seems to work very smoothly.
Thank you for getting VS online its saving me lots of time.

What I have noticed though is a change of how "flight availability" is displayed.
Before it would show exactly how many available seats there are on a flight.
Now it only shows how many seats you have requested ie. "1 x BA First award"

an example of this is
LHR - MIA Sept 10 2014
There are two flights with 4 seats in F on both
However with the tool now it only displays 1 x BA First Availability, where in the past it would display 4 x BA First.

please could you fix this as this is a major pain as i now need to check manually how many seats are available.

Thanks
Rich
Rich, glad to hear that you found the VS site option useful!

There were some BA site changes earlier that took away the inventory level information. I added it back now.

Note that it is now on a per-itinerary basis, so, if one flight has 3 seats and another has 5, it will only show as 3+ seats for both flights in that itinerary.
Old Oct 31, 2013, 11:13 am

That's perfect
thanks for doing it so quickly
Rich.

Rich, glad to hear that you found the VS site option useful!

There were some BA site changes earlier that took away the inventory level information. I added it back now.

Note that it is now on a per-itinerary basis, so, if one flight has 3 seats and another has 5, it will only show as 3+ seats for both flights in that itinerary.
Old Nov 1, 2013, 7:26 am

Hi Peter,
It seems the fix you did works for BA, but not for VS

An example of this is
MIA - LHR Nov 05 2013
in upper it shows as
"VS direct 1 Business (VS)"

but on the virgin site the availability is actually 2 seats

when you have a moment could you please fix this too
thanks
Rich
Old Nov 1, 2013, 7:31 am
Original Poster

Hi Peter,
It seems the fix you did works for BA, but not for VS

An example of this is
MIA - LHR Nov 05 2013
in upper it shows as
"VS direct 1 Business (VS)"

but on the virgin site the availability is actually 2 seats

when you have a moment could you please fix this too
thanks
Rich
Rich, unfortunately, that's not possible. The exact inventory number is available only for a few airline sites, and VS is not one of them. You will need to put in the intended number of passenger when you search, rather than putting in 1 and relying on the number returned.
Old Nov 1, 2013, 7:36 am

ok cool thanks for the heads up.
i will use it that way
thanks
Rich

Rich, unfortunately, that's not possible. The exact inventory number is available only for a few airline sites, and VS is not one of them. You will need to put in the intended number of passenger when you search, rather than putting in 1 and relying on the number returned.
Old Nov 5, 2013, 8:13 am

Programs: Ex CO/ UA Gold, Hotels.. TBD
Originally Posted by gpeso8
Peter,

Does this mean Award Nexus cannot search and find *A award tickets on SQ metal? esp for UA MP members?
Old Nov 5, 2013, 8:21 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by xmlsoa
Does this mean Award Nexus cannot search and find *A award tickets on SQ metal? esp for UA MP members?
Not at all.

Award Nexus supports SQ award flights for all partner redemption. The only case it doesn't currently support is if you are redeeming with SQ's own Krisflyer miles.

If you are using any other *A award miles, include UA miles, Award Nexus will work fine for you.
Old Nov 5, 2013, 9:05 am

Programs: Ex CO/ UA Gold, Hotels.. TBD
Not at all.

Award Nexus supports SQ award flights for all partner redemption. The only case it doesn't currently support is if you are redeeming with SQ's own Krisflyer miles.

If you are using any other *A award miles, include UA miles, Award Nexus will work fine for you.
Thank you for your immediate reply. I will start using Award Nexus today, I am wondering if there was a way to filter out for "Saver only" low tier Business (C) or FC (F) awards?
Old Nov 5, 2013, 9:08 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by xmlsoa
Thank you for your immediate reply. I will start using Award Nexus today, I am wondering if there was a way to filter out for "Saver only" low tier Business (C) or FC (F) awards?
You will be pleased to know that virtually all* awards found by Award Nexus is saver only. Award Nexus does not usually returns "high / standard" awards.

Let me know if you have more question or need help with your award search.

* The only exception currently is DL where, occasionally, some medium awards may be returned.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.