FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Thailand (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/thailand-624/)
-   -   Test & Go Application Process changes (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/thailand/2067454-test-go-application-process-changes.html)

maerim Feb 8, 22 5:01 am

One well known 'agent' states today that 'If you are booking your stay through external platforms the hotel must directly issue you a confirmation letter. Without confirmation letter from the hotel there is a very high chance of getting a rejection on your submission from the hotel'.

Of course the above may be 'marketing'.

maerim Feb 8, 22 5:14 am

Originally Posted by BinSabai (Post 33973303)
you mean immigration?
is there any fast track back?
so many airplanes are now arriving at the same time during early morning in BKK...last year hardly more than one at the same time

There is no fast track on arrival, ......unless it has changed in the last 2 or 3 days. This is based on a friend who arrived at the weekend.

Fast track on departure has been in use on my last 4 departures in the last few months, but unfortunately not the auto-channel for Thais or non-Thais. Last week fast track moved to A, where or close to where TG BC fast track was or still is.

As you probably know, in my experience staff check one flight at a time; maybe this has changed in the last week or so with more flights and passengers especially from 05:30 to 06:30. Process is efficient and quick; the problem is the passengers are not so organised and it would be better if the airlines advised passengers before landing what they have to show on arrival.

12 days ago I was first to depart the plane and it took less than 5 minutes from then to being met by the hotel staff. This included going to the Thai Immigration Lanes, which I am allowed to do.

BinSabai Feb 8, 22 5:48 am

Originally Posted by Davvidd (Post 33973339)
I have got the first one day one in Novotel. Now for the day 5. Is it the 5th day after you land. For eg: If you land on the 20th then the day 5 is the 25th and I have to test and isolate on the 25th until I get a negative result?
also I have been just told the business community is up in arms and they are looking to change this whole thing maybe next week. But I cannot take that risk.

if you arrive before 6pm, it counts as day ONE...so if you land on the 11. before 6pm, your 5. day will be the 15.
if you arrive after 6pm, it counts as day ZERO...so if you land on the 11. after 6pm, your day 5 will the the 16.

BinSabai Feb 8, 22 5:52 am

Originally Posted by maerim (Post 33973486)
There is no fast track on arrival, ......unless it has changed in the last 2 or 3 days. This is based on a friend who arrived at the weekend.

Fast track on departure has been in use on my last 4 departures in the last few months, but unfortunately not the auto-channel for Thais or non-Thais. Last week fast track moved to A, where or close to where TG BC fast track was or still is.

As you probably know, in my experience staff check one flight at a time; maybe this has changed in the last week or so with more flights and passengers especially from 05:30 to 06:30. Process is efficient and quick; the problem is the passengers are not so organised and it would be better if the airlines advised passengers before landing what they have to show on arrival.

12 days ago I was first to depart the plane and it took less than 5 minutes from then to being met by the hotel staff. This included going to the Thai Immigration Lanes, which I am allowed to do.

thanks! my arrivals with COE, I was also through very fast, but now with the many planes arriving in the morning...
time to open fast track now for iinbound mmigration!

goodeats21 Feb 8, 22 6:37 am

Originally Posted by kb1992 (Post 33973244)
https://cimg9.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.fly...d57222e9b5.jpg

JW Marriott has Test and GO package. Price is 4760 per night. Every night.

This is 1300 per night more than the best available rate. If you stay 5 nights, that's 6500 more.

If you stay 10 nights, then you are paying 13000 more.... How much do 2 PCR tests and one-way transfer cost?

Sounds like a robbery.

The worst part? This is all pre-paid. Non-refundable. You can't change plans!

eccentricfusion has it right in their comments below.
I would also add that most (all?) the T&G packages show as nonrefundable, but some allow date changes. And there is likely some note in the T&Cs that if you test positive before departure, then you can cancel as well.
I have been using Marriott properties and they have all been very reasonable to work with thru these stays. Might help I have high status with them.

Originally Posted by eccentricfusion (Post 33973328)
If you choose a single night, you can book either the day 1 or day 5 package... then make a regular booking for the other nights and have them merge the reservations, or just contact the hotel reservations through email directly and tell them what you want. I emailed and booked the single night for Test & Go and the other nights at the regular room rate and the reservations were merged. Also keep in mind that the Marriott website averages out the cost over the nights typically so it seems like the daily cost is higher but the cost is just spread over over the 5 days. You can see this when you click through and see the summary of charges. Day 1 is more expensive than Day 5 due to the transport also included. For comparison, the day 1 test and go for March 20th for a single night is 5862 THB compared to 2925 THB for the lowest prepaid rate. Day 5 on March 20th would be 4672 THB. In any case, I would just book separate reservations and have them merged. I don't know why you would book 10 days under that 5 night package, but these booking requirements from the government also might not be the easiest to build in logic for on the website.

Originally Posted by Davvidd (Post 33973339)
I have got the first one day one in Novotel. Now for the day 5. Is it the 5th day after you land. For eg: If you land on the 20th then the day 5 is the 25th and I have to test and isolate on the 25th until I get a negative result?
also I have been just told the business community is up in arms and they are looking to change this whole thing maybe next week. But I cannot take that risk.

Interesting. Hope they have some sway and get it relaxed. I am planning to come back at the end of February. Have held off applying in hopes that the Day 5 goes away before I arrive.

Originally Posted by BinSabai (Post 33973554)
if you arrive before 6pm, it counts as day ONE...so if you land on the 11. before 6pm, your 5. day will be the 15.
if you arrive after 6pm, it counts as day ZERO...so if you land on the 11. after 6pm, your day 5 will the the 16.

Thanks for this. I was having the same question.

Martellus Feb 8, 22 7:39 am

We were actually told something different by our hotel. (St. Regis) They told us that the scheduled arrival of your plane, regardless of time, counts as day 1. We're arriving just before midnight, but we were told to book the test package on our arrival day.

That being said, I see conflicting things on the internet so I'm sure that either solution works.

Davvidd Feb 8, 22 10:32 pm

I have eventually managed to get by Day one sorted out in BKK. Now trying to sort out the Day 5 in Phuket. Any advice in contacting any good hotel and how? My first day in Phuket is my Day 5 and then I have one more day in Phuket and then back to BKK.

In the first test and go scheme all the hotels including Agoda and Booking.com had the test and go rates on their sites. Now I do not see that at all.

Will08 Feb 9, 22 10:29 am

I know this was an ASQ rule as I had to suffer with that twice in BKK last year. However, are you sure this rule still applies for test and go? The reason I ask is I have seen a lot of hotels offering day one packages, day 5 packages and a combined package of 5 nights. What I haven't seen is any hotel offering a 6 night package for those who have a late arrival.

Davvidd Feb 9, 22 11:39 am

I hate this test and go procedures. Not the laws itself but the difficulty in getting it sorted out. Hotels are scamming people. Especially in Phuket.

BinSabai Feb 9, 22 1:36 pm

Originally Posted by Will08 (Post 33977407)
I know this was an ASQ rule as I had to suffer with that twice in BKK last year. However, are you sure this rule still applies for test and go? The reason I ask is I have seen a lot of hotels offering day one packages, day 5 packages and a combined package of 5 nights. What I haven't seen is any hotel offering a 6 night package for those who have a late arrival.

the rule has not changed, but it is not so crucial anymore
possible that some hotels handle it differently and that authorities do not care much...

washeelers747 Feb 10, 22 6:56 am

Originally Posted by Davvidd (Post 33977590)
I hate this test and go procedures. Not the laws itself but the difficulty in getting it sorted out. Hotels are scamming people. Especially in Phuket.

If you hate this process, simply vote with your wallet and go somewhere else. More Thailand see tourist dollars go toward other countries, they will feel more pressure to scrap this circus process ( I won't go till they drop this nonsense and every week I see more announcement by countries to welcome fully vaccinated visitors with minimal or no requirement while Thailand bury their head in sand and think people will blindly coming no matter what).

Davvidd Feb 10, 22 9:41 am

Got my Pass today. Just 24 hours.

NWplatinum Feb 10, 22 10:21 am

Got mine on Monday. Flying tonight. Got my negative PCR test yesterday. Where is one supposed to submit that?

eccentricfusion Feb 10, 22 10:45 am

Originally Posted by NWplatinum (Post 33980395)
Got mine on Monday. Flying tonight. Got my negative PCR test yesterday. Where is one supposed to submit that?

You don't need to submit the PCR test electronically. Have two printouts of it (one will suffice but just in case) and it will be checked at agents at the airport prior to boarding the plane at check in, might be checked again at the gate if you have a connection, then it will be checked when you deplane in Thailand along with your Thai Pass QR code.

NWplatinum Feb 10, 22 11:30 am

Originally Posted by eccentricfusion (Post 33980500)
You don't need to submit the PCR test electronically. Have two printouts of it (one will suffice but just in case) and it will be checked at agents at the airport prior to boarding the plane at check in, might be checked again at the gate if you have a connection, then it will be checked when you deplane in Thailand along with your Thai Pass QR code.

Thank you, I will keep the QR code of the Test and Go, approval and the QR code for negative test.