FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Thailand (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/thailand-624/)
-   -   Test & Go Application Process changes (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/thailand/2067454-test-go-application-process-changes.html)

Davvidd Feb 7, 22 4:43 am

Originally Posted by Guyin (Post 33970408)
My flight arrived at 7:00am and check in around 8:30am, got my result next morning at 10:00am, I was only charged for 1 night.

If the flight comes in at midnight and check in around 2-3am, I guess the hotel will charge for 1 extra night.

Thank you very much. Which hotel was it? I have emailed a few hotels and no one has responded yet apart from Novotel Airport.

Davvidd Feb 7, 22 4:49 am

Originally Posted by SKT-DK (Post 33970377)
You will get charged for one nightís stay. After your test result comes in, you are free to go.

Marriot is saying an extra half a day if you check in after 0600 and if before 0600 then an extra day. They also say the test results are in 6 to 8 hours. Anyone know any hotel that is cheaper than that but would give in about at least 8 to 10 hours?

SKT-DK Feb 7, 22 5:02 am

Originally Posted by Davvidd (Post 33970424)
Marriot is saying an extra half a day if you check in after 0600 and if before 0600 then an extra day. They also say the test results are in 6 to 8 hours. Anyone know any hotel that is cheaper than that but would give in about at least 8 to 10 hours?

Which Marriott is this (there are 10+ Marriott properties in the city)? - sounds like they are tyring to capitalise on the situation :td:
We used Waldorf for our Test&Go in December (under the previous scheme) and although being HH Diamond may have had something to do with it, we checked in at around 8am and left the next day at a one-night charge as expected.

Davvidd Feb 7, 22 5:12 am

Originally Posted by SKT-DK (Post 33970444)
Which Marriott is this (there are 10+ Marriott properties in the city)? - sounds like they are tyring to capitalise on the situation :td:
We used Waldorf for our Test&Go in December (under the previous scheme) and although being HH Diamond may have had something to do with it, we checked in at around 8am and left the next day at a one-night charge as expected.

JB Marriot in Sukhumvit. Next to soi 2.

SFOTraveler1984 Feb 7, 22 5:20 am

Originally Posted by NWplatinum (Post 33970308)
Where is the best place to check the status of your application? Iím still waiting several days now despite getting confirmation from the hotel and providing all documents. It also says my information cannot be found but I mightíve clicked the wrong link.

where do you go to see your status? Thank you

Only place to check the status is here:
Thailand Pass Registration System (for air travel only) (consular.go.th)

Unfortunately, it gives only a high-level status of approved/rejected/reviewing and does not tell you which step it is in exactly or what is missing.

Davvidd Feb 7, 22 5:23 am

So I have to book two hotels and get confirmation from both of them before I can apply for the Thai pass? I am not staying in BKK after the first night if I get a negative test result.

Davvidd Feb 7, 22 5:30 am

Rapid AQ Reservation Request
To qualify for the 1st Day Test & Go you must have proof of vaccination.The selected package does not meet the entry requirements on its own, you would need to book another 1, or 4 Day Test & Go Package to meet the requirements with this package option.

This hotel offers 2 Day Test & Go, and 5 Day Test & Go Packages which meet the requirements fully (with a bundled discount).

This is all what I am seeing on the asq.in.th website.

BinSabai Feb 7, 22 5:30 am

Originally Posted by Davvidd (Post 33970474)
So I have to book two hotels and get confirmation from both of them before I can apply for the Thai pass? I am not staying in BKK after the first night if I get a negative test result.

indeed yes

as to your previous question: Pullman also charges one day for 24 hours when you arrive in the early morning (no surcharge for early check in)

Davvidd Feb 7, 22 6:06 am

I am getting a bit frustrated with the booking system. How do the others here book? Do they book directly with the hotel or thru a third party like Agoda or Booking.com?

goodeats21 Feb 7, 22 6:07 am

Originally Posted by Davvidd (Post 33970424)

Originally Posted by Davvidd (Post 33970456)
JB Marriot in Sukhumvit. Next to soi 2.

Check Marriott Renaissance. They offer a "rapid" test with results in 2-4 hours for a modest upcharge, but their regular test now shows 12-18 hours.

Davvidd Feb 7, 22 6:31 am

Originally Posted by goodeats21 (Post 33970549)
Check Marriott Renaissance. They offer a "rapid" test with results in 2-4 hours for a modest upcharge, but their regular test now shows 12-18 hours.

I have emailed them. I could not find the rates for test and go on their site

goodeats21 Feb 7, 22 7:11 am

Originally Posted by Davvidd (Post 33970607)
I have emailed them. I could not find the rates for test and go on their site

They approach it a different way. You book a regular room rate, then "add on" any needed Day 1 / Day 5 items.
Click "rate rules' under the Test and Go package

2,000 Baht for airport transfer

2,500 THB for PCR test (12-18 hour results)
or
4,000 THB for PCR test (2-4 hour results)

Davvidd Feb 7, 22 7:23 am

Originally Posted by goodeats21 (Post 33970697)
They approach it a different way. You book a regular room rate, then "add on" any needed Day 1 / Day 5 items.
Click "rate rules' under the Test and Go package

2,000 Baht for airport transfer

2,500 THB for PCR test (12-18 hour results)
or
4,000 THB for PCR test (2-4 hour results)

Is this for most of the test and Go hotels too?

goodeats21 Feb 7, 22 7:32 am

Originally Posted by Davvidd (Post 33970732)
Is this for most of the test and Go hotels too?

I have checked a lot of the Marriott Bangkok properties, and Renaissance is the only one that prices it this way.
Others have an "all inclusive" package and their own rate rules. You have to look at each one to compare them all.

I had a very nice stay at Renaissance late last year (regular guest, not T&G). Very organized and responsive.

Martellus Feb 7, 22 7:56 am

Applications seem to be moving pretty fast. I applied on Saturday night BKK time, and received a approval on Monday afternoon BKK time. (This is for departing this Friday afternoon, so I was cutting it real close).

Just make sure to call your hotel to make sure that they've approved your reservation in the system. At that point you're just going need to wait for the government to do its job, and I assume they only do so during regular weekday working hours.