FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Thailand (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/thailand-624/)
-   -   Test & Go Application Process changes (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/thailand/2067454-test-go-application-process-changes.html)

Martellus Feb 10, 2022 11:46 am

Just to confirm, the PCR test is 72 hours before flight departure time, *not* 72 hours before arrival time, correct?

NWplatinum Feb 10, 2022 11:52 am

Originally Posted by Martellus (Post 33980689)
Just to confirm, the PCR test is 72 hours before flight departure time, *not* 72 hours before arrival time, correct?

Yes, I believe so that was the premise I went with. My PCR test place usually will get it back to you in less than 24 hours. So I took the test the morning of the 9th for a 10th departure. But when arriving if they give you any problems explain to them you got the test 72 hours before your flight departure. Since my test results were taken the 9th US time, but I'll be arriving the 12th into Thailand, if they give me any problems I will explain it has only been 48 hours since my test.

eccentricfusion Feb 10, 2022 3:04 pm

Originally Posted by Martellus (Post 33980689)

Originally Posted by NWplatinum (Post 33980715)
Yes, I believe so that was the premise I went with. My PCR test place usually will get it back to you in less than 24 hours. So I took the test the morning of the 9th for a 10th departure. But when arriving if they give you any problems explain to them you got the test 72 hours before your flight departure. Since my test results were taken the 9th US time, but I'll be arriving the 12th into Thailand, if they give me any problems I will explain it has only been 48 hours since my test.

It's a little strange to me how they want it, but the results should be issued no more than 72 hours prior. The collection of the sample can be more than 72 hours, which is odd, but the date of the result should be no more than 72 hours of your initial flight, not 72 hours prior to entry into Thailand. You shouldn't have any issues entering.

NWplatinum Feb 10, 2022 3:25 pm

At the airport now and just letting everyone know that Qatar airways wanted an actual printed physical copy of the Thai Test and Go QR code. Now I’m waiting to get it printed.

BinSabai Feb 10, 2022 6:14 pm

just entered 4. time into Thailand since March 2020
much more arriving passengers now, but nevertheless was in the car within 25 minutes...(despite TG911 from London landed 5 minutes earlier than us)
they checked basically only Thailand Pass QR code and PCR test, no other documents

NWplatinum Feb 10, 2022 6:20 pm

Originally Posted by BinSabai (Post 33981682)
much more arriving passengers now, but nevertheless was in the car within 25 minutes...(despite TG911 from London landed 5 minutes earlier than us)
they checked basically only Thailand Pass QR code and PCR test, no other documents

Did it have it be printed, or would they let you show your phone?

SKT-DK Feb 10, 2022 6:37 pm

Originally Posted by BinSabai (Post 33981682)

Welcome home! Glad to hear it was a quick process :)

eccentricfusion Feb 10, 2022 7:04 pm

Originally Posted by NWplatinum (Post 33981694)

Both had to be printed when I went through about a month ago.

BinSabai Feb 10, 2022 7:53 pm

Originally Posted by NWplatinum (Post 33981694)

sorry that I did not try to show it on my phone...so used to paper in thailand...actually everybody had a folder of printed documents....

SKT-DK Feb 10, 2022 7:54 pm

Originally Posted by eccentricfusion (Post 33981768)
Both had to be printed when I went through about a month ago.

They do indeed love paper - best advice is to print all documentation, as the airline staff at check-in will want to see everything too.

NWplatinum Feb 10, 2022 8:55 pm

Qatar airways said only the Thai pass has to be printed at immigration. I will print everything, hotel, insurance, negative PCR, and whatever else at the business center in Doha on my layover just to be safe.

SKT-DK Feb 10, 2022 10:23 pm

Originally Posted by NWplatinum (Post 33981946)
Qatar airways said only the Thai pass has to be printed at immigration. I will print everything, hotel, insurance, negative PCR, and whatever else at the business center in Doha on my layover just to be safe.

At immigration, likely that is the case yes - if I remember correctly they only bothered about ThailandPass and maybe the hotel reservation.
Qatar Airways on the other hand demanded to see everything in writing upon check-in ..

maerim Feb 10, 2022 10:53 pm

2 weeks ago I transited at Doha and showed on my phone Thailand Pass, Test Result and Hotel Booking. Previous month on the same flight I did not have to show anything.

I was informed by staff at the gate that they had been instructed by authorities in Thailand to check all required documents carefully. As I waited for the bus to take BC passengers on a tour of the airport about 5% of passengers were turned away for further checking by a supervisor. All were eventually allowed to board but there were a lot of confused and worried faces. it would be better if airlines informed passengers what is required and in which format.

For arrival in Thailand I always print all required documents. In my opinion it is easier and quicker for staff to read. Having said that I have always shown my vaccination certificate on Morprom without any problem.

SKT-DK Feb 11, 2022 12:33 am

Originally Posted by maerim (Post 33982125)

For arrival in Thailand I always print all required documents. In my opinion it is easier and quicker for staff to read. Having said that I have always shown my vaccination certificate on Morprom without any problem.

Completely agree - Mor Phrom works for vaccine certificate on the Thai side of things. Actually I just made a print-out of mine to show to the check-in staff for simplicity's sake, which in hindsight was the right way to go.

restlessinRNO Feb 11, 2022 12:47 am

Originally Posted by eccentricfusion (Post 33981262)
It's a little strange to me how they want it, but the results should be issued no more than 72 hours prior. The collection of the sample can be more than 72 hours, which is odd, but the date of the result should be no more than 72 hours of your initial flight, not 72 hours prior to entry into Thailand. You shouldn't have any issues entering.

I would like to second this. The results should be issued no more than 72 hours from the initial flight to Thailand. I have never had any problems with this. 😊