FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Thailand (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/thailand-624/)
-   -   Test & Go Application Process changes (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/thailand/2067454-test-go-application-process-changes.html)

BinSabai Feb 20, 2022 5:18 am

Originally Posted by goodeats21 (Post 34007731)
Hi BinSabai. Sorry, I am not following this. I don't recall any "Day 7" test requirement, either under the old T&G or the current one.

When I entered under the old one, the ATK was supposed to be taken on Day 5 and there was no process to report it anywhere. And under current scheme, I have to go back to SHA hotel on Day 5 and quarantine until that Day 5 test result is received.

Am I missing something?

yes sure, but the sandbox is during 7 days...so the APP sends out notifications on day 7 to upload results of test taken, whether it had to be taken on day 5 or later...
that was my own experience entering on 11., taking second PCR test on 15, I try scan QR code of the test report but that did not work. on the 17. I got the notification by the App to upload the test (it's not a push message but can be retrieved under the menu "notification")

goodeats21 Feb 20, 2022 5:35 am

Originally Posted by BinSabai (Post 34007800)
yes sure, but the sandbox is during 7 days...so the APP sends out notifications on day 7 to upload results of test taken, whether it had to be taken on day 5 or later...
that was my own experience entering on 11., taking second PCR test on 15, I try scan QR code of the test report but that did not work. on the 17. I got the notification by the App to upload the test (it's not a push message but can be retrieved under the menu "notification")

Ah, OK. Thanks. I haven't done the Sandbox scheme. Just ASQ, then T&G.
And honestly, have never used an app during either one of them. Is that MorChanna?

Granite64 Feb 20, 2022 7:11 am

Originally Posted by HumbleBee (Post 34007080)
You'll find the answers to that in my previous posts.

I read too fast, anyway I hope you are doing fine :)

BinSabai Feb 20, 2022 8:05 am

Originally Posted by goodeats21 (Post 34007836)
Ah, OK. Thanks. I haven't done the Sandbox scheme. Just ASQ, then T&G.
And honestly, have never used an app during either one of them. Is that MorChanna?

yes Mor Chana
and it is the same procedure for T & G like for Sandbox (I also did T & G, not Sandbox (after two times ASQ)

Granite64 Feb 20, 2022 8:24 am

Originally Posted by goodeats21 (Post 34007731)
Hi BinSabai. Sorry, I am not following this. I don't recall any "Day 7" test requirement, either under the old T&G or the current one.

When I entered under the old one, the ATK was supposed to be taken on Day 5 and there was no process to report it anywhere. And under current scheme, I have to go back to SHA hotel on Day 5 and quarantine until that Day 5 test result is received.

Am I missing something?

The nurse who did my PCR-test back in November definitely told me to do the ATK and 'upload them on the app'. But as you said: there was no option to upload anything..

goodeats21 Feb 20, 2022 12:20 pm

Originally Posted by Granite64 (Post 34008196)
The nurse who did my PCR-test back in November definitely told me to do the ATK and 'upload them on the app'. But as you said: there was no option to upload anything..

Mine said to take the test on Day 5, but don't bother to call the result in or anything as there is no way for them to do anything with the result.

Did you need the app for anything? I was there for over 2 months total, and never had anyone ask for it or anything.

BinSabai Feb 20, 2022 6:23 pm

Originally Posted by goodeats21 (Post 34008837)
Mine said to take the test on Day 5, but don't bother to call the result in or anything as there is no way for them to do anything with the result.

Did you need the app for anything? I was there for over 2 months total, and never had anyone ask for it or anything.

there was a notification with a link where you could upload the result

and yes I used the APP to enter locations, where they only let fully vaccinated people enter

LIH Prem Feb 20, 2022 6:56 pm

Originally Posted by BinSabai (Post 34007471)
It is actually pretty simple...on day 7 after your arrival, you get a notification with a link by your App (whether you came in by old or new Test & Go or Sandbox)..with the link you open a website, where you enter LAB No and date of issue as well as a photo of your lab report...after you submit, the App turns from orange (MEDIUM RISK) to green (VERY LOW RISK)

Perhaps, but lots of reports of people being unable to register their trips in Morchana back then when we arrived.

-David

NWplatinum Feb 21, 2022 7:02 pm

Someone above asked if Qatar scanned the QR code. Not in SEA or before we boarded in DOH. They just wanted the QR code for the Thai Pass printed.

goodeats21 Feb 22, 2022 5:23 am

Originally Posted by NWplatinum (Post 34012963)
Someone above asked if Qatar scanned the QR code. Not in SEA or before we boarded in DOH. They just wanted the QR code for the Thai Pass printed.

My experience as well with other carriers. None of them scanned T&G QR code, just wanted to see that I had it.

MrJBoy Feb 22, 2022 6:42 pm

No more PCR test requirement on Day 5 soon?

Just saw this.
https://www.bangkokpost.com/thailand...st-go-measures

restlessinRNO Feb 22, 2022 6:58 pm

Originally Posted by MrJBoy (Post 34016149)

One can certainly hope they will return to only a Day One test. This would be a surprise though, as the number of Covid-19 infections here is not improving. 😳

BinSabai Feb 22, 2022 8:43 pm

speculation speculation...
fact is that the number of daily cases has exceeded 20'000 today and will probably continue to rise for some time
and even the TAT minister said in a interview that the Thailand Pass will stay indefinitely (!!!)

thbe Feb 22, 2022 11:33 pm

Originally Posted by thbe (Post 34005339)
On February 23 the CCSA will decide about easing the entry requirements to Thailand. It’s possible that the day 5 test will be replaced by an ATK test. Maybe that ATK test can be done by the traveller himself without supervision. A second hotel booking would not be neccessary anymore. That change could be made quite fast, i.e. from March 1.

The CCSA decided to replace the day 5 PCR test (2nd test in Thailand) with a self administered ATK test starting from March 1.

That means, that you don’t need a 2nd booking or a 2nd PCR test in Thailand to apply for a Thailand Pass anymore.

You still need an insurance, but for at least US 20k (before USD 50k).

Granite64 Feb 23, 2022 12:21 am

Originally Posted by thbe (Post 34016680)
The CCSA decided to replace the day 5 PCR test (2nd test in Thailand) with a self administered ATK test starting from March 1.

That means, that you don’t need a 2nd booking or a 2nd PCR test in Thailand to apply for a Thailand Pass anymore.

You still need an insurance, but for at least US 20k (before USD 50k).

I bought my day 1&5 package last week and also received my TP, I wonder how fast they will implement the new rules so I can get my money back for the 5th day/night.