FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Thailand (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/thailand-624/)
-   -   Test & Go Application Process changes (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/thailand/2067454-test-go-application-process-changes.html)

Granite64 Feb 18, 22 6:34 am

'Thailand will consider a recommendation from an airline tycoon to reduce the steps required for international entry, by doing away the second COVID-19 test, currently required on the fifth day after arrival.'

https://www.thaipbsworld.com/thailan...onal-arrivals/

BinSabai Feb 18, 22 6:53 am


Originally Posted by Granite64 (Post 34002799)
'Thailand will consider a recommendation from an airline tycoon to reduce the steps required for international entry, by doing away the second COVID-19 test, currently required on the fifth day after arrival.'

https://www.thaipbsworld.com/thailan...onal-arrivals/

not so optimistic as the figures are rising...

hithesh123 Feb 18, 22 7:11 am

Thai pass question: Do you have to land on the date you mention in Thai pass or can you land at a later date?

Granite64 Feb 18, 22 7:37 am


Originally Posted by hithesh123 (Post 34002895)
Thai pass question: Do you have to land on the date you mention in Thai pass or can you land at a later date?


From the Thailand Pass FAQ section : https://consular.mfa.go.th/th/conten...nd-pass-faqs-2

Q: Can I change my travel itinerary once I have registered and received my QR code? Will my QR Code remain valid?

A:

'- Yes. However, flight changes are permitted within 72 hours after the original flight time registered in the Thailand Pass without the need to apply for a new Thailand Pass QR Code, provided that all other required documents remain valid.
- For itinerary changes greater than 72 hours, you will have to edit your Thailand Pass application by accessing your application through the Thailand Pass portal using your access code. Please note that your edited application will be subjected to and undergo the review process cycle all over again'

BinSabai Feb 18, 22 8:42 am


Originally Posted by Granite64 (Post 34002971)
From the Thailand Pass FAQ section : https://consular.mfa.go.th/th/conten...nd-pass-faqs-2

Q: Can I change my travel itinerary once I have registered and received my QR code? Will my QR Code remain valid?

A:

'- Yes. However, flight changes are permitted within 72 hours after the original flight time registered in the Thailand Pass without the need to apply for a new Thailand Pass QR Code, provided that all other required documents remain valid.
- For itinerary changes greater than 72 hours, you will have to edit your Thailand Pass application by accessing your application through the Thailand Pass portal using your access code. Please note that your edited application will be subjected to and undergo the review process cycle all over again'

correct, but in reality you can land 3 calendar days later than your original arrival date, as the Thailand Pass is not issued based on arrival hour but arrival date...so it could be even a bit more than 72 hours...

Granite64 Feb 18, 22 12:00 pm


Originally Posted by BinSabai (Post 34002839)
not so optimistic as the figures are rising...

Money talks.. 😬

NWplatinum Feb 18, 22 3:05 pm


Originally Posted by SKT-DK (Post 33998629)
My Test & Go was also both nose and mouth, but interestingly the ones taken in-country for outbound travel purposes have only been nose.

That was my experience as well. They also insist on REALLY shoving the swab deep up your nose to the point where it hurts. I asked both nurses who administered the test to please try and not go so deep. Here in the states they just rub it in each nostril for 20 seconds

thbe Feb 19, 22 1:38 am

On February 23 the CCSA will decide about easing the entry requirements to Thailand. Itís possible that the day 5 test will be replaced by an ATK test. Maybe that ATK test can be done by the traveller himself without supervision. A second hotel booking would not be neccessary anymore. That change could be made quite fast, i.e. from March 1.

Itís very likely that there will be more changes coming up. I think, that it will be much, much easier to travel to Thailand after April 1 (my personal estimation, could be sooner),

goodeats21 Feb 19, 22 5:44 am


Originally Posted by thbe (Post 34005339)
On February 23 the CCSA will decide about easing the entry requirements to Thailand. Itís possible that the day 5 test will be replaced by an ATK test. Maybe that ATK test can be done by the traveller himself without supervision. A second hotel booking would not be neccessary anymore. That change could be made quite fast, i.e. from March 1.

Itís very likely that there will be more changes coming up. I think, that it will be much, much easier to travel to Thailand after April 1 (my personal estimation, could be sooner),

I was thinking the same, but unfortunately I need to arrive right at the end of February. Wish I could have delayed a bit.
Fingers crossed for negative tests :D

HumbleBee Feb 19, 22 5:50 am


Originally Posted by petter2 (Post 34002556)
My Thailand pass was first approved and I got the QR code, but 2 days later I got an email that it was rejected because the second hotel did not respond.. When scanned it says Valid and Rejected. Do they scan the QR code at Qatar check-in? Applied again and now it's confirmed, but I'm worried it will go to rejected again a day before I travel

I flew AF JFK-CDG-BKK & nobody scanned my barcode until I arrived in Bangkok.

I do think there is considerable risk BKK immigration will send you back when it doesn't scan though.

Granite64 Feb 19, 22 8:35 am


Originally Posted by HumbleBee (Post 34005579)
I flew AF JFK-CDG-BKK & nobody scanned my barcode until I arrived in Bangkok.

I do think there is considerable risk BKK immigration will send you back when it doesn't scan though.

How are you doing now HumbleBee? Can I ask you which insurance package you have, and do they cover your quarantine period in the hotel?

HumbleBee Feb 19, 22 6:08 pm


Originally Posted by Granite64 (Post 34005867)
How are you doing now HumbleBee? Can I ask you which insurance package you have, and do they cover your quarantine period in the hotel?

You'll find the answers to that in my previous posts.

LIH Prem Feb 19, 22 8:30 pm


Originally Posted by thbe (Post 34005339)
On February 23 the CCSA will decide about easing the entry requirements to Thailand. It’s possible that the day 5 test will be replaced by an ATK test. Maybe that ATK test can be done by the traveller himself without supervision. A second hotel booking would not be neccessary anymore. That change could be made quite fast, i.e. from March 1.

It’s very likely that there will be more changes coming up. I think, that it will be much, much easier to travel to Thailand after April 1 (my personal estimation, could be sooner),

So all the way back to Nov 1 rules again? lol. Makes your head spin with all that's happened since then.
Nov 1 was when the original t&g started. They gave us an ATK when they did the arrival test on us, with instructions to use it on day 5. You were supposed to report the results in Morchana, but that didn't work for many people. We tested negative, didn't even try to report the result, though we saved them on our phones. Nobody ever asked for them. We self tested several times during our 2 month stay.

-David

BinSabai Feb 19, 22 11:43 pm


Originally Posted by LIH Prem (Post 34007264)
You were supposed to report the results in Morchana, but that didn't work for many people. We tested negative, didn't even try to report the result, though we saved them on our phones. Nobody ever asked for them. We self tested several times during our 2 month stay.

It is actually pretty simple...on day 7 after your arrival, you get a notification with a link by your App (whether you came in by old or new Test & Go or Sandbox)..with the link you open a website, where you enter LAB No and date of issue as well as a photo of your lab report...after you submit, the App turns from orange (MEDIUM RISK) to green (VERY LOW RISK)

goodeats21 Feb 20, 22 4:29 am


Originally Posted by BinSabai (Post 34007471)
It is actually pretty simple...on day 7 after your arrival, you get a notification with a link by your App (whether you came in by old or new Test & Go or Sandbox)..with the link you open a website, where you enter LAB No and date of issue as well as a photo of your lab report...after you submit, the App turns from orange (MEDIUM RISK) to green (VERY LOW RISK)

Hi BinSabai. Sorry, I am not following this. I don't recall any "Day 7" test requirement, either under the old T&G or the current one.

When I entered under the old one, the ATK was supposed to be taken on Day 5 and there was no process to report it anywhere. And under current scheme, I have to go back to SHA hotel on Day 5 and quarantine until that Day 5 test result is received.

Am I missing something?


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 12:18 pm.


This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright @ MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.