FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Thailand (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/thailand-624/)
-   -   Test & Go Application Process changes (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/thailand/2067454-test-go-application-process-changes.html)

BinSabai Mar 2, 2022 3:15 am

Originally Posted by goodeats21 (Post 34037955)
I still have not received the notification in Morchanna app to upload my Day 1 result.

My QR code did change to green though.
Wonder if they are now linked somehow "behind the scenes", for the PCR tests anyway.

you do not need to upload Day 1 result, just the result of the second test (new ATK, before PCR)...

Davvidd Mar 2, 2022 4:34 am

Originally Posted by Granite64 (Post 34032829)
I asked the Thai embassy in my country and they said the exact opposite, they said that a positive test is acceptable IF I bring a recovery certificate.

Question, do you live in a EU country?

No I do not. I do not think it should vary if you live in an EU country or not.

Granite64 Mar 2, 2022 5:11 am

Originally Posted by Davvidd (Post 34038101)

Thailand is connected to the EU's DCC system, which means they accept vaccine, negative test and recovery certificates issued by EU countries and vice versa.

https://ec.europa.eu/info/live-work-...certificate_en

goodeats21 Mar 2, 2022 6:31 am

Originally Posted by strickers (Post 34038000)
Now I remember it, my morchana app changed to low risk after my first PCR result with no intervention.

Same

Originally Posted by BinSabai (Post 34038003)
you do not need to upload Day 1 result, just the result of the second test (new ATK, before PCR)...

I was just going by what I was told by my hotel. Apparently, they are connected somehow. As I am still stuck under the Day 5 PCR test scheme, will report if anything different there...although probably not applicable to anyone afterward.

eccentricfusion Mar 2, 2022 3:37 pm

They are supposed to be connected, which is the reason they make copies of your passport at the second test. Whether or not that worked all that well... I manually uploaded mine and it went to low risk, after waiting 24 hours from the time of the result being emailed to me. I stopped getting notifications in the app afterwards. If it would have changed by itself eventually, not sure, but I was eager to upload the result in order to delete that useless app from my phone.

strickers Mar 2, 2022 6:05 pm

Just had the notification in Morchana to upload the day 7 test which I assume is day 5, hopefully just a case now of waiting for verification and I’ll be in the green.

LIH Prem Mar 2, 2022 7:57 pm

Originally Posted by Davvidd (Post 34038101)

You got bad info from your local embassy, recovery certificates are accepted in Thailand.

Take a look at the Thai Pass FAQs https://consular.mfa.go.th/th/conten...nd-pass-faqs-2
I guess in your case, you are looking at the 3rd bullet item?

I have previously been infected with COVID-19; can I travel to Thailand?
หากมีประวัติได้รับเชื้อโควิด-19 จะสามารถเดินทางไปประเทศไทยได้หรือไม่
- Yes. Those previously infected with COVID-19 are considered fully vaccinated if they have received a single dose of COVID-19 vaccine at any time after their recovery. Please be advised that your proof or medical record of COVID-19 recovery must be submitted alongside your single-dose vaccination certificate.
- If you have been fully vaccinated before contracting COVID-19, you are still considered to be fully vaccinated.
- Those who have recovered from COVID-19 within 3 months before travelling to Thailand must present a valid COVID-19 recovery form or medical certificate certifying that they have recovered from COVID-19 within 3 months before travelling or are asymptomatic in case their COVID-19 RT-PCR test shows a positive result.

- ได้ โดยหากมีประวัติได้รับเชื้อโควิด-19 จะต้องได้รับวัคซีน 1 เข็ม หลังจากหายป่วย โดยไม่กำหนดระยะเวลา โดยจะต้องแนบเอกสารรับรอง / ใบรับรองแพทย์ที่ยืนยันการหายป่วยจากโรคโควิด-19 มาพร้อมกับใบรับรองการฉีดวัคซีน 1 เข็มดังกล่าว
- หากมีเอกสารรับรองการฉีดวัคซีนครบ 2 เข็ม ก่อนได้รับเชื้อโควิด-19 จะถือว่าเป็นผู้ได้รับวัคซีนครบตามเกณฑ์
- ผู้เดินทางที่หายจากโรคโควิด-19 ภายใน 3 เดือน ก่อนเดินทางเข้าประเทศไทย จะต้องยื่นเอกสาร COVID-19 recovery form หรือใบรับรองแพทย์ที่รับรองว่า หายจากโรคโควิด-19 ภายใน 3 เดือนก่อนเดินทาง หรือไม่มีอาการแล้ว จึงจะสามารถเดินทางเข้าประเทศได้ แม้ผลตรวจ RT-PCR จะเป็นบวก
There have been lots of reports of people entering with recovery certificates.

-David

zzap Mar 2, 2022 7:59 pm

Originally Posted by behuman (Post 34034552)
Our Thai pass was approved in 10 hours 21 minutes, respectively 10 hours 30 minutes. Respect !

Does anyone else have recent anecdotes on how long it took for their Thai Pass to process? I just submitted mine and am interested to see how quickly I receive a response.

BinSabai Mar 2, 2022 8:23 pm

Originally Posted by LIH Prem (Post 34040587)
You got bad info from your local embassy, recovery certificates are accepted in Thailand.

OP just thought that it does not matter, whether recovery certificates are from Europe or elsewhere....
and yes as you stated, recovery certificates are generally accepted in Thailand

strickers Mar 3, 2022 1:38 am

Should I have received a release form after my 7 day Sandbox stay from the hotel?

Granite64 Mar 3, 2022 7:23 am

Originally Posted by BinSabai (Post 34040625)
OP just thought that it does not matter, whether recovery certificates are from Europe or elsewhere....

You are correct, what I meant to say is that (I think) that there is a bigger chance that the Thai government will accept vaccine/recovery certificates from countries (EU in this case) that have their DCC system connected to each other.

LIH Prem Mar 3, 2022 7:19 pm

Originally Posted by BinSabai (Post 34040625)

yeah, you had to look back to the previous post in that sub-thread ...

Originally Posted by Davvidd (Post 34032133)
I did ask the Thai Embassy and they said no. They said the PCR test on arrival has to be negative. Even if it is inconclusive they said they would not accept it. I would like to know if you manage to get thru with a recovery certificate? Thanks

-David

strickers Mar 4, 2022 3:46 am

So Morchana is still showing yellow/low-risk for some reason? I have a release form from the SHA hotel where I spent the first 7 nights in Phuket. Looking to fly to Bangkok in a few days, what documents will the airline be looking for from a tourist?

BinSabai Mar 4, 2022 3:50 am

Originally Posted by strickers (Post 34044364)
So Morchana is still showing yellow/low-risk for some reason? I have a release form from the SHA hotel where I spent the first 7 nights in Phuket. Looking to fly to Bangkok in a few days, what documents will the airline be looking for from a tourist?

most airlines ask for a document that proves you are vaccinated (and of course passport)

strickers Mar 4, 2022 3:51 am

Originally Posted by BinSabai (Post 34044366)
most airlines ask for a document that proves you are vaccinated (and of course passport)

Thanks, so with vaccine certificate, passport and if necessary Sandbox release form I should be good?