FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Thailand (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/thailand-624/)
-   -   Test & Go Application Process changes (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/thailand/2067454-test-go-application-process-changes.html)

BinSabai Feb 2, 22 3:20 am

Test & Go Application Process changes

the days, Thailand Pass was sent in an instant after application (if proper documents and QR codes were loaded) are over...

Now from each application, accommodation reservations are sent to the hotel for confirmation. If the hotel does not confirm within 30 hours, application is rejected!
There are already reports of several people. whose application was rejected as hotels did not react...
needless to say that this will make the application process longer and even more difficult in general

confirmation mails also seem to be inconsistent; some got one immediately after application was submitted, some after the hotel confirmed reservation and some did not get any confirmation mail at all...

Hotels tasked with checking bookings (bangkokpost.com)

maerim Feb 2, 22 4:17 am

BP report states 30 hours, not 30 days!

Thailand Pass website states hotel will process application within 24 hours. Maybe more detail in Q&A.

BinSabai Feb 2, 22 5:55 am

Originally Posted by maerim (Post 33956723)
BP report states 30 hours, not 30 days!

Thailand Pass website states hotel will process application within 24 hours. Maybe more detail in Q&A.

sorry typo

Davvidd Feb 2, 22 10:32 pm

So basically the first night has to be an approved hotel and then the 5th night also has to be a Thai Pass approved hotel. In the middle you can stay anywhere you want to? Is this correct?

SKT-DK Feb 2, 22 11:04 pm

Originally Posted by Davvidd (Post 33959369)
So basically the first night has to be an approved hotel and then the 5th night also has to be a Thai Pass approved hotel. In the middle you can stay anywhere you want to? Is this correct?

Correct

BinSabai Feb 3, 22 1:35 am

over 23'000 applications for test & go during the first day, so the backlog is piling
wonder how many did multiple applications because of the system changes and bugs?
Test & Go gets off to good start (bangkokpost.com)

plain Feb 3, 22 8:06 am

Has anyone been approved yet on this newly opened Test&Go?
I applied on first hours of opening, status is still reviewing.. Hopefully it's green as I should fly on the 7th.

NWplatinum Feb 3, 22 8:11 am

I submitted my app for everything yesterday, and my trip is on February 10th. Will I have enough time? I meet all the requirements, booked the hotel, bought the insurance and did everything I was suppose to.

BinSabai Feb 3, 22 9:17 am

Originally Posted by plain (Post 33960265)
Has anyone been approved yet on this newly opened Test&Go?
I applied on first hours of opening, status is still reviewing.. Hopefully it's green as I should fly on the 7th.

I heard from someone who is departing today and got this Thailand Pass in the morning, so within 48 hours
tey seem to give priority according to day of departure

make sure that the hotel confirms your reservation in the system

BinSabai Feb 3, 22 9:20 am

Originally Posted by NWplatinum (Post 33960282)
I submitted my app for everything yesterday, and my trip is on February 10th. Will I have enough time? I meet all the requirements, booked the hotel, bought the insurance and did everything I was suppose to.

did you make sure that your hotel confirmed your reservation in the system?
I submitted 2 hours after they opened on Tuesday and also depart on 10. Should not be a problem as many have a much more tight schedule...

plain Feb 3, 22 11:08 am

Originally Posted by BinSabai (Post 33960491)
I heard from someone who is departing today and got this Thailand Pass in the morning, so within 48 hours
tey seem to give priority according to day of departure

make sure that the hotel confirms your reservation in the system

I just emailed my hotel and asked about this. But I already put the documents in the Test&Go site showing reserved "1st and 5th day + 2x PCR + transportations" fully paid with hotel stamps. Such a calm and relaxing start for a holiday :)

BinSabai Feb 3, 22 11:14 am

Originally Posted by plain (Post 33960870)
I just emailed my hotel and asked about this. But I already put the documents in the Test&Go site showing reserved "1st and 5th day + 2x PCR + transportations" fully paid with hotel stamps. Such a calm and relaxing start for a holiday :)

obviously they do not trust those documents as after submission, they send infos to the hotel and let them confirm....if they do not confirm within 24 or 30 hours (two different sources), application is rejected

NWplatinum Feb 3, 22 9:23 pm

I got denied, despite providing everything they need. What should I do? It says contact the hotel

maerim Feb 3, 22 9:52 pm

Originally Posted by NWplatinum (Post 33962408)
I got denied, despite providing everything they need. What should I do? It says contact the hotel

Call the hotel and ask to speak directly to person who is responsible.

NWplatinum Feb 3, 22 10:35 pm

Originally Posted by maerim (Post 33962461)
Call the hotel and ask to speak directly to person who is responsible.

Yeah I’ve been in touch with the manager. Did they just not register me? I guess since I didn’t pay the 3500THB BEFORE.

plain Feb 3, 22 10:52 pm

Well mine is still on "Reviewing" so at least it's not denied on 24/30 hour mark. Let's see how this goes.

maerim Feb 3, 22 10:59 pm

I don't see any information to suggest that the hotel did not 'register' you. The hotel is close to where I live and it has been approved to accept arrivals to Thailand during COVID for at least a year. I have seen many people arrive at the hotel over this period when running, walking, driving past the hotel and I would be surprised if the hotel manager and staff did not know what documents are required. If you have not called suggest to do so.

NWplatinum Feb 3, 22 11:42 pm

Does the hotel need to register you?

BinSabai Feb 4, 22 12:26 am

Originally Posted by NWplatinum (Post 33962609)
Does the hotel need to register you?

after you submit your application in the Thailand Pass system, the hotel gets your data and it has a time window (24 or 30 hours) to confirm your reservation in the system.
In your case, this has obviously not been done; so you need to contact the hotel...

maerim Feb 4, 22 1:22 am

On my return home I stopped at the hotel and went to reception. Spoke to 2 ladies on a general nature. The most senior one assured me that this hotel had not rejected any applications. It could be that the booking news made with Agoda; in this case I don't know what the procedure is for checking and I did not ask the staff.

Easies thing is as I said call the hotel and I am sure they would be helpful.

NWplatinum Feb 4, 22 2:36 am

Apparently when you book with a third party like Expedia or Orbitz, it won’t show your reservation in their system. So make sure you call the hotel or message them before you fill out the form for “test and go.”

hannadanna Feb 4, 22 3:16 am

Here is a q: I am currently planning a SE Asia trip in June. Considering Phuket as spent two great weeks there in June a few years back.

On the pre-payment of the SHA++ approved hotel, would a flexible / book now pay later booking for days 1 and 5 satisfy the requirement? I'm trying to build in maximum flexibility in case the situation changes between now and June.

BinSabai Feb 4, 22 3:19 am

Originally Posted by hannadanna (Post 33962873)
Here is a q: I am currently planning a SE Asia trip in June. Considering Phuket as spent two great weeks there in June a few years back.

On the pre-payment of the SHA+ approved hotel, would a flexible / book now pay later booking for days 1 and 5 satisfy the requirement? I'm trying to build in maximum flexibility in case the situation changes between now and June.

there are hotels, who just require a deposit (though not refundable) and write "PAID" on their confirmation
the other alternative is to wait with the application until May as things may anyway change until then...

plain Feb 4, 22 5:49 am

I got this from my hotel:

> Kindly be informed that our SHA+ Manger has approved your booking. After
> hotel approval, the Department of Disease Control (DDC) will verify your
> Certificate of Vaccination and the Thailand Pass QR Code will be sent to you
> via email within 7 days upon approval. If the DDC reject any incomplete or
> non-compliance documentation, and a notification email will be sent within 7
> days.

So I keep waiting.

BinSabai Feb 4, 22 5:58 am

Originally Posted by plain (Post 33963062)
I got this from my hotel:

> Kindly be informed that our SHA+ Manger has approved your booking. After
> hotel approval, the Department of Disease Control (DDC) will verify your
> Certificate of Vaccination and the Thailand Pass QR Code will be sent to you
> via email within 7 days upon approval. If the DDC reject any incomplete or
> non-compliance documentation, and a notification email will be sent within 7
> days.

So I keep waiting.

SHA+ Manger....with kettle or pets?:rolleyes:
such notification does not seem to be standard, but it's nice...

tr3k Feb 4, 22 6:23 am

This system will really work out well :)

NWplatinum Feb 4, 22 7:19 am

Yeah… oops I missed a step. Make sure you call and pay the hotel the extra 3500-4000THB BEFORE filing out the test and go form with the government

Will it be a problem at the hotel if my flight is arriving from Doha at 6am? I am happy to pay them extra for early check in too, if I have to. Also I’ve been taking screenshots with my phone to provide things like my passport, travel insurance etc…Is that acceptable?

BinSabai Feb 4, 22 8:32 am

Originally Posted by NWplatinum (Post 33963261)
Yeah… oops I missed a step. Make sure you call and pay the hotel the extra 3500-4000THB BEFORE filing out the test and go form with the government

Will it be a problem at the hotel if my flight is arriving from Doha at 6am? I am happy to pay them extra for early check in too, if I have to. Also I’ve been taking screenshots with my phone to provide things like my passport, travel insurance etc…Is that acceptable?

no extra charge for early check in...I arrive 0500...
screenshots are acceptable as long as they can be read...

Schwann Feb 4, 22 10:15 am

Originally Posted by BinSabai (Post 33963472)
no extra charge for early check in...I arrive 0500...
screenshots are acceptable as long as they can be read...

Correct me if I'm wrong but I'm sure some hotels DO charge for early check-in or require a payment of the previous night?

BinSabai Feb 4, 22 10:52 am

Originally Posted by Schwann (Post 33963761)
Correct me if I'm wrong but I'm sure some hotels DO charge for early check-in or require a payment of the previous night?

I do not know about all hotels...on the other hand it also should not take 24 hours to deliver the result of the test...:rolleyes:

NWplatinum Feb 4, 22 12:56 pm

Hotel confirmed all my information, and I resubmitted my application. I hope it works this time..

BinSabai Feb 4, 22 1:36 pm

Originally Posted by NWplatinum (Post 33964259)
Hotel confirmed all my information, and I resubmitted my application. I hope it works this time..

good luck!
currently there seem to be quite some queue and waiting time...

plain Feb 4, 22 3:18 pm

I got mine approved just 10 minutes ago. I applied maybe 2 hours after the service opened.

NWplatinum Feb 4, 22 4:09 pm

Originally Posted by plain (Post 33964665)
I got mine approved just 10 minutes ago. I applied maybe 2 hours after the service opened.

Could you tell us the steps you did? Did you contact the hotel first? What did you have to do with the hotel? Then you used the government website? Was there a problem with any of your documents?

plain Feb 4, 22 4:50 pm

First I made a booking directly with a hotel for a "Test&Go 1st and 5th day package" which includes all the required tests, transports etc. I paid that and got receipt and details letter from the hotel to my email.
Then I went to Thailand Pass Test&Go site, followed the wizard and entered all documents.
Only thing I was nervous about was the covid vaccination pass as here we can't get QR for 1st shot or 2nd shot after we have had the 3rd shot. So I put the same QR (3 shots) on all three options (with corrrect dates of each vaccinations).

Then I waited, contacted hotel to confirm they have sent the approval to Department of Disease Control (DDC). Waited some more and received email that I was approved. So I think I followed the protocol and it worked, took some time but my departure is on 7th so it's ok.

I didn't have any problems with documents. I took a photo of passport with my mobile and used that. Everything else was in PDF from where I made JPG with Windows Snipping Tool. Just make sure everything is clear (100% zoom on PDF). My insurance is normal travel insurance I have had for long time, proof was a letter (in English) from the company, I didn't use AXA or other special Thai insurance.

BinSabai Feb 5, 22 1:55 am

Originally Posted by plain (Post 33964665)

good for you! congrats!
because you fly out on 7. you jumped the queue...
others who fly out later, have to wait. It's not first come first serve but applications are handled according to the departure date...

BinSabai Feb 5, 22 2:00 am

Test & Slow

Test & Slow

Tourism industry is not happy with current complicate entry system
Test & Go 'cumbersome', says hotel tycoon (bangkokpost.com)

BinSabai Feb 5, 22 4:57 am

I just got mine approved for test & go. Submitted 2 hours after reopening, it took 4 days and 6 hours (in opposite to 4 hours and 19 minutes last time)

rwm818 Feb 5, 22 7:07 am

Originally Posted by BinSabai (Post 33965601)
good for you! congrats!
because you fly out on 7. you jumped the queue...
others who fly out later, have to wait. It's not first come first serve but applications are handled according to the departure date...

That is what I was wondering about - the order of handling applications.

I got mine in on the 1st - departing US on 10th. So far I guess I know that my hotel res was accepted - because I rec'd no rejection after the first 24-48 hrs?
But no other status updates...argh - hoping I get the approval Monday (fingers crossed)

BinSabai Feb 5, 22 8:30 am

Originally Posted by rwm818 (Post 33965941)
That is what I was wondering about - the order of handling applications.

I got mine in on the 1st - departing US on 10th. So far I guess I know that my hotel res was accepted - because I rec'd no rejection after the first 24-48 hrs?
But no other status updates...argh - hoping I get the approval Monday (fingers crossed)

same as me
submitted on the first, 2 hours after reopening, flying on 10. and just got QR code around 4 hours ago; guess you will get is within the weekend as well...