FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Thailand (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/thailand-624/)
-   -   Test & Go Application Process changes (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/thailand/2067454-test-go-application-process-changes.html)

Always Flyin Jul 3, 2022 4:27 pm

Originally Posted by BinSabai (Post 34391611)
I actually do not know any other Asian country, where you do not have to fill out such a form...

Singapore. Haven't been through any others besides Thailand since Covid hit.

maerim Jul 4, 2022 1:18 am

Originally Posted by BinSabai (Post 34385892)
yes, at about 315pm...I asked twice and they sent me to the Thai lanes...(behind the Thai lanes were only the automatic doors for Thais, which were totally empty...so where is the real fast lane...)...well got in the slowest lane with the Indian family and a real slow officer....totally maybe 15 minutes...I did not wait at immigration in BKK for so long since they introduced fast lanes many years ago...

I returned to SVB last night and used the Thai lanes as always. The autogates are not currently working and have not been for several weeks.

To me the location of the fast track to the right of the lanes for Thai citizens was clear, but maybe not exactly how to get there after entering the first immigration coming from Gates C where it is located. Signage for non-Thais, Thais and Fast Track is clear and there were several staff including some helping those entitled to Fast Track. I did not have to queue so did not look in more detail. Luggage was waiting after immigration so from arriving at the gate to collecting luggage took less than 10 minutes.

goodeats21 Jul 8, 2022 2:01 am

When I arrived early morning July 4, no line at all at immigration. Right thru.

And Immigration did not want TM6 form. Was just like pre-COVID at arrival. No Thai Pass, etc.

TG staff did check my vaccine card before boarding out of Germany.

Always Flyin Jul 10, 2022 4:39 am

Went through today. No TM6 handed out on the airplane nor was any required at immigration.
Vaccination status was checked at check-in at SGN, but not in BKK.
Only had to provide my passport and boarding pass at Thai immigration.

N.B. The normal Fast Track immigration entrance between the two normal immigration halls is closed. They have a separate area in the main immigration areas for crew and Fast Track.

Diplomatico Jul 10, 2022 6:14 am

Originally Posted by Always Flyin (Post 34412295)
Went through today. No TM6 handed out on the airplane nor was any required at immigration.
Vaccination status was checked at check-in at SGN, but not in BKK.
Only had to provide my passport and boarding pass at Thai immigration.

N.B. The normal Fast Track immigration entrance between the two normal immigration halls is closed. They have a separate area in the main immigration areas for crew and Fast Track.

This is the area through which I was processed approx three weeks ago.

Always Flyin Jul 10, 2022 6:54 pm

Originally Posted by Diplomatico (Post 34412427)
This is the area through which I was processed approx three weeks ago.

When I went through on 21st June, the previous, middle entrance was still in operation. It's a construction zone now.

The meter taxi ranks were back to manual forms yesterday as it was before they put in the machines, although they didn't ask where you intended to have the taxi driver take you. The queue was about 50-deep on both sides.

Diplomatico Jul 10, 2022 7:31 pm

Originally Posted by Always Flyin (Post 34414069)
When I went through on 21st June, the previous, middle entrance was still in operation. It's a construction zone now.

The meter taxi ranks were back to manual forms yesterday as it was before they put in the machines, although they didn't ask where you intended to have the taxi driver take you. The queue was about 50-deep on both sides.

I've quit the meter taxi ranks at BKK...at current exchange rates, the AOT car cost me about $35 (tolls included). I'd rather pay the extra cash than play the meter taxi game.

AUCLABruin Jul 10, 2022 9:23 pm

Originally Posted by Diplomatico (Post 34414125)
I've quit the meter taxi ranks at BKK...at current exchange rates, the AOT car cost me about $35 (tolls included). I'd rather pay the extra cash than play the meter taxi game.

I guess I was fortunate that the meter taxi didn't rip me off too much. I landed at 1 AM and I went to Sukhimvit. Paid 400 baht ($12-13), though I am 99% sure he double charged the tolls to make some extra cash since there was no traffic.

Always Flyin Jul 10, 2022 10:32 pm

Originally Posted by Diplomatico (Post 34414125)

Originally Posted by AUCLABruin (Post 34414296)
I guess I was fortunate that the meter taxi didn't rip me off too much. I landed at 1 AM and I went to Sukhimvit. Paid 400 baht ($12-13), though I am 99% sure he double charged the tolls to make some extra cash since there was no traffic.

I've had no problems with airport taxis in years.

SKT-DK Jul 11, 2022 2:29 am

Originally Posted by Always Flyin (Post 34414406)
I've had no problems with airport taxis in years.

Me neither - not since the tuned meters a decade or so ago (or whenever it was).

Originally Posted by AUCLABruin (Post 34414296)

400 baht sounds about right to, say, Chidlom/Ploenchit, assuming that's where you went, including tolls and airport fee. So that is 50 (airport fee) + 50 + 25 (tolls), leaving 275 for the fare.

plain Jul 11, 2022 4:00 am

I went to other direction, from around Soi 11 to airport and it was 400 with tolls. Some traffic but not bad at all around 3 pm, the whole trip took about 40-45 minutes. I used Bolt.

AUCLABruin Jul 11, 2022 7:26 am

Originally Posted by SKT-DK (Post 34414744)
Me neither - not since the tuned meters a decade or so ago (or whenever it was).

400 baht sounds about right to, say, Chidlom/Ploenchit, assuming that's where you went, including tolls and airport fee. So that is 50 (airport fee) + 50 + 25 (tolls), leaving 275 for the fare.

Fare was 225 on the meter. So I would say I was charged an extra 50 baht.

BinSabai Jul 14, 2022 1:38 am

if you take Rama IX expressway from the airport to the city, you pass two toll stations, which charge 25 THB each...
if you have to go to places east of Asoke, it does not make sense to take the expressway; in this case no toll charge at all

SKT-DK Jul 14, 2022 5:30 am

Originally Posted by BinSabai (Post 34424302)
if you take Rama IX expressway from the airport to the city, you pass two toll stations, which charge 25 THB each...
if you have to go to places east of Asoke, it does not make sense to take the expressway; in this case no toll charge at all

The outer toll is 25 and the inner one is 50 :)

estnet Jul 14, 2022 3:22 pm

Just a DP - I recently took a taxi from a condo near Icon Siam - even tho the door man told the driver in Thai and it was a green and yellow one, once we got out of the driveway and I reiterated no tollway (in Thai) the driver looked very confused and clearly didn't want to drive that way. It was 4 am so no issues with traffic - I got the distinct impression that he simply didn't know how to get there without a tollway! It was a very different vibe from the scammers, etc. I think he was new or inexperienced or...... anyway I decided 70 baht wasn't worth arguing about. An amusing moment ;)