FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Thailand (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/thailand-624/)
-   -   Test & Go Application Process changes (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/thailand/2067454-test-go-application-process-changes.html)

Granite64 Feb 24, 2022 3:29 am

Originally Posted by plunet (Post 34020258)
Ah ok, that's more definite than anything I think has been shared in the forum so far. Thanks for sharing!

Originally Posted by estnet (Post 34020182)
there are many reports on reddit of them being accepted AND it is stated on the Thai Pass application:"If RT-PCR result is positive or detected then a recovery certificate or proof of covid recovery for at least 14 days before travelling but less than 90 days from the first date of detection is required"

Originally Posted by plunet (Post 34020164)
Yes, I think it's fair to say that there is nothing official written down that Thailand recognise recovery certificates. The only policy is that if you test positive, and there are several reports that the Thai PCR test is more sensitive, then you are at risk of being entertained at a hospital or hotel-hospital for at least 10 days. There are unsubstantiated reports on the forum that there might be reports on Facebook of some instances of recovery certificates being taken into consideration, but there definitely nothing official and no first hand reports in this forum as far as I remember.

For example around post 1274 in https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/thai...thread-85.html

Thanks for the help, much appreciated!

thbe Feb 25, 2022 2:50 am

News from Richard Barrow about the transition:

https://cimg0.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.fly...f21faf0fd1.png

thbe Feb 25, 2022 3:03 am

Originally Posted by estnet (Post 34020182)
there are many reports on reddit of them being accepted AND it is stated on the Thai Pass application:"If RT-PCR result is positive or detected then a recovery certificate or proof of covid recovery for at least 14 days before travelling but less than 90 days from the first date of detection is required"

That is a rule for the test before departure, not for the test on day 1 in Thailand.

And yes, the test in Thailand is more sensitive. They do the swab test the right way and some say that they add more cycles.

It’s not sure, that someone (fully vaccinated/3 doses) gets tested positive after 12 or 14 days of getting tested positive the first time. It’s more likely, that the tests are negative. But there is a high risk of getting sent to quarantine.

Personally I wouldn’t travel to Thailand short time after I got tested positive.

Granite64 Feb 25, 2022 5:41 am

Originally Posted by thbe (Post 34023226)
That is a rule for the test before departure, not for the test on day 1 in Thailand.

And yes, the test in Thailand is more sensitive. They do the swab test the right way and some say that they add more cycles.

It’s not sure, that someone (fully vaccinated/3 doses) gets tested positive after 12 or 14 days of getting tested positive the first time. It’s more likely, that the tests are negative. But there is a high risk of getting sent to quarantine.

Personally I wouldn’t travel to Thailand short time after I got tested positive.

I'm emailing the hotel where I want to book my day 1 package to ask if the hospital/hotel will accept a recovery certificate from my government.

thbe Feb 25, 2022 5:49 am

Originally Posted by Granite64 (Post 34023435)
I'm emailing the hotel where I want to book my day 1 package to ask if the hospital/hotel will accept a recovery certificate from my government.

A few hotels are able to answer that question correctly. Most are not.

Best way is to ask the embassy of Thailand in your country. Some of them answer questions by Facebook/Twitter quite fast,

goodeats21 Feb 25, 2022 5:58 am

Originally Posted by thbe (Post 34023204)
News from Richard Barrow about the transition:

https://cimg0.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.fly...f21faf0fd1.png

This is very good news if accurate and makes it to law soon. Fingers crossed, I fly out tomorrow.

goodeats21 Feb 25, 2022 12:01 pm

So, flying out this weekend and on TG927 for the last segment/arrival in Thailand.

The flight time seemed long, so I just did some further checking, and it looks like it actually has a stop at HKT before onward travel to BKK.
On my reservation and e-ticket receipt, it is listed as FRA->BKK, no mention of a "stop".

Anyone have experience with this? I assume I am still fine, will just stay on the plane and arrive at BKK for my T&G scheme as planned?

I haven't been on a "one-stop" flight in a LONG LONG time...

BinSabai Feb 25, 2022 7:57 pm

Originally Posted by goodeats21 (Post 34024488)
So, flying out this weekend and on TG927 for the last segment/arrival in Thailand.

The flight time seemed long, so I just did some further checking, and it looks like it actually has a stop at HKT before onward travel to BKK.
On my reservation and e-ticket receipt, it is listed as FRA->BKK, no mention of a "stop".

Anyone have experience with this? I assume I am still fine, will just stay on the plane and arrive at BKK for my T&G scheme as planned?

I haven't been on a "one-stop" flight in a LONG LONG time...

yes some of the TG flights from Europe fly to HKT first, unload the guests with Phuket as final destination while everybody else has to stay on board; for sure no new guests will join. Usually they do not need to stay the full 1.5 hours as scheduled in HKT so that a early arrival of around an hour in BKK is usual...

goodeats21 Feb 26, 2022 1:05 am

Originally Posted by BinSabai (Post 34025685)
yes some of the TG flights from Europe fly to HKT first, unload the guests with Phuket as final destination while everybody else has to stay on board; for sure no new guests will join. Usually they do not need to stay the full 1.5 hours as scheduled in HKT so that a early arrival of around an hour in BKK is usual...

Thanks for the info. I figured that was the case, but nice to have it confirmed. Strange that the stop isn't listed on my reservation.
Can't wait to get back.

Granite64 Feb 27, 2022 6:06 am

2 Attachment(s)
To everyone, I got this email in my spambox today; it's a phising email! Be very careful with emails like this, all legit emails regarding the Thailand Pass come from the 'tp.consular.go.th' domain.

SKT-DK Feb 27, 2022 7:24 am

Originally Posted by Granite64 (Post 34029022)
To everyone, I got this email in my spambox today; it's a phising email! Be very careful with emails like this, all legit emails regarding the Thailand Pass come from the 'tp.consular.go.th' domain.

I got that one too this morning - duly reported to corporate as phishing.

estnet Feb 27, 2022 11:03 am

This is a well reported scam, happened episodically a few times over the last few weeks. Apparently a hack/leak in the official data base, Along with the email sender and the domain allegedly being registered in the Netherlands.
The best clue though, is that if TP wanted info they would ask you to go to the official link where you would have to log in not ask for a reply over email.

MegatopLover Feb 27, 2022 11:36 am

I got it too. Good to know others confirming it’s a phishing attack.

BinSabai Feb 27, 2022 8:20 pm

I got even two on Sunday from different E-Mail addresses
one was in English and Thai; the Thai was so crap, it was obvious that it came from google translate or from a foreigner

SKT-DK Feb 27, 2022 9:38 pm

The funny thing is that they are asking for details to "update" a ThailandPass which has been expired for months :D