FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Thailand (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/thailand-624/)
-   -   Test & Go Application Process changes (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/thailand/2067454-test-go-application-process-changes.html)

BinSabai Feb 7, 22 9:55 am

Originally Posted by Martellus (Post 33970818)
Just make sure to call your hotel to make sure that they've approved your reservation in the system. At that point you're just going need to wait for the government to do its job, and I assume they only do so during regular weekday working hours.

they are working 24/7

BinSabai Feb 7, 22 9:58 am

Originally Posted by Davvidd (Post 33970547)
I am getting a bit frustrated with the booking system. How do the others here book? Do they book directly with the hotel or thru a third party like Agoda or Booking.com?

only directly with hotel
for 2 COE and 2 Thai Pass
pretty fast response

eccentricfusion Feb 7, 22 10:44 am

I am getting a bit frustrated with the booking system. How do the others here book? Do they book directly with the hotel or thru a third party like Agoda or Booking.com?

Both times I have entered Thailand in the past two years, it has been directly with the hotel. Major chains (like those in the Marriott portfolio) tend to be responsive about the booking requirements and emailed me afterwards requesting all the documents and sending the required documents for the Thai Pass system fairly quickly. Be careful of booking on Agoda and Booking since it seems many people get confused and select a regular room rate instead of the required Test & Go packages. If you have a contact directly at the hotel you are planning to stay at, that obviously helps as well.

LIH Prem Feb 7, 22 7:54 pm

I book directly with the hotel. Booking via third parties can create problems for you later, IMO.

-David

maerim Feb 7, 22 8:08 pm

Originally Posted by LIH Prem (Post 33972766)
I book directly with the hotel. Booking via third parties can create problems for you later, IMO.

-David

5 times from August 2020 all directly with hotel. Easy, quick, one-stop, responsive and able to pay extra for quick test result (less than 2 hours in December 2021). Additionally points if status, can choose if available and want location of room and when 7 or 14 days stay required pay for exercise equipment in room. It is a no brainer.

SKT-DK Feb 7, 22 10:43 pm

Always directly with hotel for me too - regardless of covid times and regardless of destination.

Davvidd Feb 8, 22 12:12 am

I have emailed many hotels and most of them have not replied. Oh. The Novotel Airport did reply along with Marriot. The JB Marriot rates on their website and their email do not match at all.

eccentricfusion Feb 8, 22 12:19 am

Originally Posted by Davvidd (Post 33973140)
I have emailed many hotels and most of them have not replied. Oh. The Novotel Airport did reply along with Marriot. The JB Marriot rates on their website and their email do not match at all.

Are you comparing Test & Go package rates? I know for the JW Marriott, there are different prices now for Day 1 Test & Go and Day 5 Test & Go that are significantly different than regular rates. When I emailed them before and set up my Test & Go, the rates they provided matched the Test & Go packages that were listed on their website.

SKT-DK Feb 8, 22 1:28 am

Originally Posted by Davvidd (Post 33973140)

Have you tried Le Meridien ? They used to be an ASQ hotel so are very well versed on processes etc.

kb1992 Feb 8, 22 1:45 am

Originally Posted by eccentricfusion (Post 33973145)
Are you comparing Test & Go package rates? I know for the JW Marriott, there are different prices now for Day 1 Test & Go and Day 5 Test & Go that are significantly different than regular rates. When I emailed them before and set up my Test & Go, the rates they provided matched the Test & Go packages that were listed on their website.

Originally Posted by goodeats21 (Post 33970697)
They approach it a different way. You book a regular room rate, then "add on" any needed Day 1 / Day 5 items.
Click "rate rules' under the Test and Go package

2,000 Baht for airport transfer

2,500 THB for PCR test (12-18 hour results)
or
4,000 THB for PCR test (2-4 hour results)

https://cimg9.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.fly...d57222e9b5.jpg

JW Marriott has Test and GO package. Price is 4760 per night. Every night.

This is 1300 per night more than the best available rate. If you stay 5 nights, that's 6500 more.

If you stay 10 nights, then you are paying 13000 more.... How much do 2 PCR tests and one-way transfer cost?

Sounds like a robbery.

The worst part? This is all pre-paid. Non-refundable. You can't change plans!

kb1992 Feb 8, 22 2:00 am

duplicated.

plain Feb 8, 22 2:02 am

Just received a call that first test is negative :)

Everything has been pretty smooth except for passport control takin ages (people don't have documents ready) and the morning traffic from airport to hospital/test center.

Hope it goes well for you too!

BinSabai Feb 8, 22 2:42 am

Originally Posted by plain (Post 33973260)
Everything has been pretty smooth except for passport control takin ages (people don't have documents ready) and the morning traffic from airport to hospital/test center.

you mean immigration?
is there any fast track back?
so many airplanes are now arriving at the same time during early morning in BKK...last year hardly more than one at the same time

eccentricfusion Feb 8, 22 3:07 am

Originally Posted by kb1992 (Post 33973244)
https://cimg9.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.fly...d57222e9b5.jpg

JW Marriott has Test and GO package. Price is 4760 per night. Every night.

This is 1300 per night more than the best available rate. If you stay 5 nights, that's 6500 more.

If you stay 10 nights, then you are paying 13000 more.... How much do 2 PCR tests and one-way transfer cost?

Sounds like a robbery.

The worst part? This is all pre-paid. Non-refundable. You can't change plans!

If you choose a single night, you can book either the day 1 or day 5 package... then make a regular booking for the other nights and have them merge the reservations, or just contact the hotel reservations through email directly and tell them what you want. I emailed and booked the single night for Test & Go and the other nights at the regular room rate and the reservations were merged. Also keep in mind that the Marriott website averages out the cost over the nights typically so it seems like the daily cost is higher but the cost is just spread over over the 5 days. You can see this when you click through and see the summary of charges. Day 1 is more expensive than Day 5 due to the transport also included. For comparison, the day 1 test and go for March 20th for a single night is 5862 THB compared to 2925 THB for the lowest prepaid rate. Day 5 on March 20th would be 4672 THB. In any case, I would just book separate reservations and have them merged. I don't know why you would book 10 days under that 5 night package, but these booking requirements from the government also might not be the easiest to build in logic for on the website.

Davvidd Feb 8, 22 3:16 am

I have got the first one day one in Novotel. Now for the day 5. Is it the 5th day after you land. For eg: If you land on the 20th then the day 5 is the 25th and I have to test and isolate on the 25th until I get a negative result?
also I have been just told the business community is up in arms and they are looking to change this whole thing maybe next week. But I cannot take that risk.