FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Thailand (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/thailand-624/)
-   -   Test & Go Application Process changes (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/thailand/2067454-test-go-application-process-changes.html)

NWplatinum Feb 4, 22 12:56 pm

Hotel confirmed all my information, and I resubmitted my application. I hope it works this time..

BinSabai Feb 4, 22 1:36 pm

Originally Posted by NWplatinum (Post 33964259)
Hotel confirmed all my information, and I resubmitted my application. I hope it works this time..

good luck!
currently there seem to be quite some queue and waiting time...

plain Feb 4, 22 3:18 pm

I got mine approved just 10 minutes ago. I applied maybe 2 hours after the service opened.

NWplatinum Feb 4, 22 4:09 pm

Originally Posted by plain (Post 33964665)
I got mine approved just 10 minutes ago. I applied maybe 2 hours after the service opened.

Could you tell us the steps you did? Did you contact the hotel first? What did you have to do with the hotel? Then you used the government website? Was there a problem with any of your documents?

plain Feb 4, 22 4:50 pm

First I made a booking directly with a hotel for a "Test&Go 1st and 5th day package" which includes all the required tests, transports etc. I paid that and got receipt and details letter from the hotel to my email.
Then I went to Thailand Pass Test&Go site, followed the wizard and entered all documents.
Only thing I was nervous about was the covid vaccination pass as here we can't get QR for 1st shot or 2nd shot after we have had the 3rd shot. So I put the same QR (3 shots) on all three options (with corrrect dates of each vaccinations).

Then I waited, contacted hotel to confirm they have sent the approval to Department of Disease Control (DDC). Waited some more and received email that I was approved. So I think I followed the protocol and it worked, took some time but my departure is on 7th so it's ok.

I didn't have any problems with documents. I took a photo of passport with my mobile and used that. Everything else was in PDF from where I made JPG with Windows Snipping Tool. Just make sure everything is clear (100% zoom on PDF). My insurance is normal travel insurance I have had for long time, proof was a letter (in English) from the company, I didn't use AXA or other special Thai insurance.

BinSabai Feb 5, 22 1:55 am

Originally Posted by plain (Post 33964665)

good for you! congrats!
because you fly out on 7. you jumped the queue...
others who fly out later, have to wait. It's not first come first serve but applications are handled according to the departure date...

BinSabai Feb 5, 22 2:00 am

Test & Slow

Test & Slow

Tourism industry is not happy with current complicate entry system
Test & Go 'cumbersome', says hotel tycoon (bangkokpost.com)

BinSabai Feb 5, 22 4:57 am

I just got mine approved for test & go. Submitted 2 hours after reopening, it took 4 days and 6 hours (in opposite to 4 hours and 19 minutes last time)

rwm818 Feb 5, 22 7:07 am

Originally Posted by BinSabai (Post 33965601)
good for you! congrats!
because you fly out on 7. you jumped the queue...
others who fly out later, have to wait. It's not first come first serve but applications are handled according to the departure date...

That is what I was wondering about - the order of handling applications.

I got mine in on the 1st - departing US on 10th. So far I guess I know that my hotel res was accepted - because I rec'd no rejection after the first 24-48 hrs?
But no other status updates...argh - hoping I get the approval Monday (fingers crossed)

BinSabai Feb 5, 22 8:30 am

Originally Posted by rwm818 (Post 33965941)
That is what I was wondering about - the order of handling applications.

I got mine in on the 1st - departing US on 10th. So far I guess I know that my hotel res was accepted - because I rec'd no rejection after the first 24-48 hrs?
But no other status updates...argh - hoping I get the approval Monday (fingers crossed)

same as me
submitted on the first, 2 hours after reopening, flying on 10. and just got QR code around 4 hours ago; guess you will get is within the weekend as well...

rwm818 Feb 6, 22 6:49 am

My approval arrived this morning...yay!

NWplatinum Feb 7, 22 3:25 am

Where is the best place to check the status of your application? Iím still waiting several days now despite getting confirmation from the hotel and providing all documents. It also says my information cannot be found but I mightíve clicked the wrong link.

where do you go to see your status? Thank you

Davvidd Feb 7, 22 4:05 am

Are all the test and Go hotels for 24 hours? What happens if your flight arrives in the morning? Do they charge you for two days if you have to check in before 12 noon? The Novotel at the Airport says they have flexi hours and it is 24 hours. So if you check in the morning then you can stay till the next morning. None of the other hotels I have been looking says that.

SKT-DK Feb 7, 22 4:16 am

Originally Posted by Davvidd (Post 33970362)
Are all the test and Go hotels for 24 hours? What happens if your flight arrives in the morning? Do they charge you for two days if you have to check in before 12 noon? The Novotel at the Airport says they have flexi hours and it is 24 hours. So if you check in the morning then you can stay till the next morning. None of the other hotels I have been looking says that.

You will get charged for one nightís stay. After your test result comes in, you are free to go.

Guyin Feb 7, 22 4:35 am

Originally Posted by Davvidd (Post 33970362)

My flight arrived at 7:00am and check in around 8:30am, got my result next morning at 10:00am, I was only charged for 1 night.

If the flight comes in at midnight and check in around 2-3am, I guess the hotel will charge for 1 extra night.