Wiki Posts
Search

[Merged] Thai Airways Refund Questions

Search this Thread

Old Mar 20, 2020, 12:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TG*G, NZ*GE, QF G, Accor Gold
Originally Posted by shawneve
I just had a change to an itinerary and want to know if I will qualify for a full refund.
On the same booking I am going from HKT-BKK (Sept 5) and then BKK-CNX (Sept 7)
A couple of days ago I got a notice that my 1:10 flight BKK-CNX has been removed and I am now booked 5 hrs later on a 6:40 flight.
I am cancelling my trip to Thailand now anyway and assumed I would be forfeiting the value of these tickets (they were cheap) but now that 'significant' change has been made I want to know if that is grounds for a full refund?
Yes.
Old Mar 22, 2020, 5:51 pm

Programs: TK G
Originally Posted by roadrunner83
Rats. I actually read that thread but didn't scroll down far enough. Let's just say an ad distracted me. Thanks for pointing me in the right direction.
Did you contact TG and did they confirm the refund to you?
Old Mar 25, 2020, 11:08 am

Originally Posted by SK AAR
It has been reported in this thread (post #7 ) that TG does provide refund in this situation.

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/thai...2-refunds.html
Yes, they do. I just talked to them.
Old Mar 26, 2020, 11:02 pm

Programs: Lifetime *G (MP), Lifetime PE (Bonvoy)
An Australian travel agent has told a friend of mine that TG are notoffering full refunds for tickets on flights they themselves have cancelled so either there's a lack of communication or TG are trying to segment their markets. In this day and age there's no reason why refunds can't be processed to credit cards within 72 hours, but some airlines persist in a policy of four to six weeks
Old Mar 27, 2020, 12:16 am

Programs: Thai Airways
Originally Posted by RTWFF
An Australian travel agent has told a friend of mine that TG are notoffering full refunds for tickets on flights they themselves have cancelled so either there's a lack of communication or TG are trying to segment their markets. In this day and age there's no reason why refunds can't be processed to credit cards within 72 hours, but some airlines persist in a policy of four to six weeks
Re 2nd sentence what TG's policy is and what they actually have done historically are not the same. Refunds have been processed much quicker and even in these times I received one yesterday after 8 calendar days. I also received a refund from another airline who should have given me about 70%, but actually refunded the full amount without me asking.
Old Mar 27, 2020, 5:48 am

Hello guys,

I have a query about a cancelled ticket with TG. How long would you wait, considering what's happening right now, to hear from them? I had to cancel a one way tkt from Sydney to London because we were told we needed the health certificate, to be able to transit in BKK, fair enough. This was on Saturday 21st March. I have sent 2 emails, to the Australian offices and to the general one [email protected] , and still waiting to hear. Shall I wait much longer? Would I be able to do a chargeback? the endorsements on the tkt says NO END/Penalty fee Apllies/RFND. Does it mean it is refundable? Many thanks
Old Mar 28, 2020, 2:13 am

Originally Posted by maerim
Re 2nd sentence what TG's policy is and what they actually have done historically are not the same. Refunds have been processed much quicker and even in these times I received one yesterday after 8 calendar days. I also received a refund from another airline who should have given me about 70%, but actually refunded the full amount without me asking.
TG told me yesterday it might take up to 6months for the refund of my BKK-FRA-BKK flight in April which they cancelled...😫
Old Mar 28, 2020, 4:54 pm

Originally Posted by Fraserman
TG told me yesterday it might take up to 6months for the refund of my BKK-FRA-BKK flight in April which they cancelled...😫
Which is why I go for the credit card charge-back option. There are many stories in the media about passengers being refused refunds and being offered vouchers
Old Mar 28, 2020, 4:58 pm

Originally Posted by Alfie800
Hello guys,

I have a query about a cancelled ticket with TG. How long would you wait, considering what's happening right now, to hear from them? I had to cancel a one way tkt from Sydney to London because we were told we needed the health certificate, to be able to transit in BKK, fair enough. This was on Saturday 21st March. I have sent 2 emails, to the Australian offices and to the general one [email protected] , and still waiting to hear. Shall I wait much longer? Would I be able to do a chargeback? the endorsements on the tkt says NO END/Penalty fee Apllies/RFND. Does it mean it is refundable? Many thanks
I waited over two weeks with no response from TG about cancelling a ticket which is why I went for a charge-back (haven't yet heard the outcome). I attached copies of my emails to show I had attempted to resolve the matter with TG. Whether it's refundable without penalty under these unusual circumstances will be up to TG
Fraserman and Alfie800 like this.
Old Mar 29, 2020, 1:55 am

Thanks for the info, I will wait another week or so before I do a chargeback, I have copies of the emails sent, and TG website screenshot saying change/refund can be done....
Old Mar 30, 2020, 6:01 pm

Programs: TG Gold
Thai Airways has set up and special page where you can process your flights change requests online.
They offer rebooking up to end 2021, travel vouchers or refund for partially used tickets.

https://www.thaiairways.com/th_TH/co...ance_form.page
Old Mar 31, 2020, 2:50 am

That looks to be the best airline offerI've seen so far. Well done THAI.
I'm hoping the same deal continues after 31st May.
Old Mar 31, 2020, 5:46 am
Suspended

Programs: UA Premier Gold
TG told me yesterday it might take up to 6months for the refund of my BKK-FRA-BKK flight in April which they cancelled..
Try to get that statement in written and forward that together with your chargeback request to your bank.
Fraserman likes this.
Old Mar 31, 2020, 7:10 am

Spoiler

Error
Old Mar 31, 2020, 7:17 am

This is the confirmation message I had from reservations when I emailed them a few days ago. They say up to 10 weeks to process.
When I cancelled a ticket last month I was told it would take a maximum of six weeks for a refund. (That was five and a half weeks ago.)

Dear Passenger,

Thank you for contacting the Thai Airways UK & Ireland Reservations Team.

Please accept this as confirmation that we have received your email and will get back to you as soon as possible.

Due the unprecedented worldwide situation outside our control, we are sorry but our current response time is longer than usual and at present we are only contactable by email. We kindly ask you for your patience and understanding.

Please see our announcement with regards to our temporary suspension of international flights until 31st Mayhere, including all the available options if you have been affected by this suspension.

In order to assist you better and faster, please note the following:
  • If you booked through a travel agent, you will need to contact them directly for any changes to your booking. We regret to inform you that we cannot action bookings made through travel agents
  • If your query is with regards to the status of your flight, please access your booking via the ‘My Booking’ section of our website
  • If your query is with regards to the Additional Screening Measures for Passengers Travelling to and Transiting Thailand, further information is available here.
  • If you want to change a flight booked on our website and it is due to depart soon, please do not worry - as long as there is a record of you contacting us by email, your booking will remain actionable by us once we are able look into your request.
  • If your query is about a refund, you do not have to do anything else. As long as there is a record of you contacting us, we will get back to you as soon as we are able to process your request. Please note that due to the number of requests being currently received, refunds are estimated to take up to 10 weeks to process.
Considering the above and if you have contacted us with regards to rebooking, flight cancellations, refunds, and travel vouchers we will get back to you as soon as possible. We apologise in advance but all other queries will not be prioritised. Please also note that we do not provide a call back service.

We understand this is a challenging time and assure you we are doing our upmost to take care of passengers with imminent travel needs.

…………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………… ……

Reservations Department

Thai Airways International, UK and Ireland

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.