Wiki Posts
Search

[Merged] Thai Airways Refund Questions

Search this Thread

Old Mar 15, 2020, 7:11 am
Original Poster

Programs: TG Platinum
[Merged] Thai Airways Refund Questions

I cancelled a few flights some two weeks ago, still no refund to my cc as yet. I had to forfeit 6k baht per ticket which was ok. How long do THAI take to refund to your credit card. Has anyone had any experience.

thanks
John
Old Mar 16, 2020, 10:21 am

I cancelled a THAI booking about three weeks ago and was told the refund would take "between 4 and 6 weeks"
Air China also claimed about the same time scale for their refunds.

Still waiting for both but I wouldn't be surprised if those times werer a bit optimistic, given the current situation.
Old Mar 17, 2020, 6:07 am
Original Poster

Programs: TG Platinum
Thanks for the info

John
Old Mar 17, 2020, 10:35 am

Programs: BA SIL, WN A, UA SIL, Marriott TIT (LT), Hilton DIA
FYI: here is the email to get a refund from Thai.

include your PNR, ticket #, full name, date of travel, and itinerary.

good luck!

[email protected]
Old Mar 17, 2020, 12:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON***,UA,BA.EK Gold,AV.
Originally Posted by 11277m
I cancelled a THAI booking about three weeks ago and was told the refund would take "between 4 and 6 weeks"
Air China also claimed about the same time scale for their refunds.

Still waiting for both but I wouldn't be surprised if those times werer a bit optimistic, given the current situation.
TG told me up to 45 days in an email, after that time & no refund I will simply do a charge back through my CC.
RTWFF likes this.
Old Mar 17, 2020, 6:11 pm

Programs: Thai Airways
I received a refund yesterday within 7 working days by e mailing ROP; possibly helped that I am now back to Platinum status.
Old Mar 18, 2020, 5:30 am
hmv

Also got offered a refund on my non-refundable booking, BKK-HKT. Thai Airways flight was cancelled and rebooked on the same day and time, but Thai Smile.

However, I did receive the offer for the refund and accepted it.
Old Mar 19, 2020, 3:15 am

Programs: ROP
I've got offered a refund on a non-refundable booking class (W) due to CGK-BKK leg was cancelled and rebooked me on 2 days later flight which I'm not convenience.
The TG's call center told me that they will refund to my credit card up to 45 days or 2 bill cycles.
Old Mar 19, 2020, 6:09 am

Programs: United 1K, Marriott Lifetime Titanium Elite, HHonors Diamond, Hertz Presidents Club Gold
My refund took 4 weeks to post. It was $18 less than I paid due to the conversion rate.
Old Mar 19, 2020, 8:03 am

Airline change grounds for full refund?

Hi folks,

I've got a few domestic TG flights coming up in the second week of April (BKK-HKT and HKT - BKK - CNX). Due to the current situation TG canceled those flights and they are now operated by WE. The flight times have remained the same.

Is that enough for a full refund, considering I booked TG for good reasons... After all, had I wanted to fly WE (or any other carrier for that matter) I would have booked that in the first place and saved some money
I can't seem to get a straight answer out of their T&Cs and the fare rules. Is anybody familiar with their internal policies?

Booking classes are V and W.
Old Mar 19, 2020, 9:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite
Yeah, if you paid in THB it will be considerable less in most other currencies (except NOK ) when you ask for refund now. THB has declined a lot over the last weeks
Old Mar 19, 2020, 9:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite
It has been reported in this thread (post #7 ) that TG does provide refund in this situation.

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/thai...2-refunds.html
roadrunner83 likes this.
Old Mar 19, 2020, 10:22 am

Rats. I actually read that thread but didn't scroll down far enough. Let's just say an ad distracted me. Thanks for pointing me in the right direction.
Old Mar 19, 2020, 3:30 pm

Originally Posted by roadrunner83
Rats. I actually read that thread but didn't scroll down far enough. Let's just say an ad distracted me. Thanks for pointing me in the right direction.
Try using uBlock Origin and/or Ghostery. I have both and one of them does an excellent job of blocking the ads.
Old Mar 19, 2020, 11:01 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium Hilton Diamond AC*75K
I just had a change to an itinerary and want to know if I will qualify for a full refund.
On the same booking I am going from HKT-BKK (Sept 5) and then BKK-CNX (Sept 7)
A couple of days ago I got a notice that my 1:10 flight BKK-CNX has been removed and I am now booked 5 hrs later on a 6:40 flight.
I am cancelling my trip to Thailand now anyway and assumed I would be forfeiting the value of these tickets (they were cheap) but now that 'significant' change has been made I want to know if that is grounds for a full refund?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.