Wiki Posts
Search

[Merged] Thai Airways Refund Questions

Search this Thread

Old Oct 30, 2023, 2:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TG*G, NZ*GE, QF G, Accor Gold
Originally Posted by kkl
Cancelled my half used pre-covid reward ticket as TG is currently not flying to PER in the near future.

I was informed my ticket validity is only up to 31/12/23. Started cancellation process. Miles refund 2-3 months, YQ up to 6 months. Original CC used for booking is cancelled. Need to provide new payment method etc.
I did the same with 3 awards. Some miles have arrived, but not all. Wanted to use before 31 Dec, but that seems a forlorn hope now. The SIN office emailed about the $120-ish tax refund, and I replied but radio silence for the past 3 months…

I do have 2x GUP1 and just used 1 SYD-LHR return. Doubt I’ll use the second.
Old Jan 1, 2024, 2:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

TG just posted on Social Media:

Thai Airways International Public Company Limited (THAI) hereby informs passengers or creditors who have diligently submitted refund requests before September 14, 2020, that the status information is now accessible on THAI's official website (www.thaiairways.com).

Should individuals fail to provide essential personal information such as bank account details and contact information, the status will denote, "We couldn't proceed with your refund. Please provide more details." Hence, passengers are kindly urged to meticulously furnish these details by uploading the requisite documents through the online platform.

The refund process for requests submitted preceding the Company's rehabilitation endeavor is anticipated to conclude by March 31, 2024.

In the case of travel vouchers set to expire on December 31, 2023, passengers are encouraged to visit: https://www.thaiairways.com/th_TH/he...efund_tva.page

(situated within the Assistance section of THAI's official website) to diligently furnish their personal and bank account details for refund purposes by January 31, 2024. This procedural adherence ensures that the Company systematically processes refunds within a 90-day timeframe.
Old Feb 4, 2024, 7:01 am

Programs: EK Gold
How to apply for Refund

I am usually on the EK forum but have a situation with TG. I did try searching this forum, and I am sure the answer is buried somewhere but I couldn't find it. My apologies if this has been asked and answered before.

On 27 January 2024, I booked TG open jaw flights in Business Class DXB-BKK-AMD for travel in Feb/Mar 2024. This was an online booking.
Now our plans have changed and I want to cancel and refund the entire itinerary and cannot figure out how!

I couldn't find a way to make an online refund application. I tried calling the TG call centre in Thailand and was on hold for 25 minutes (international) before giving up. I found an email somewhere in google search ([email protected]) but my message bounced back. There does not seem to be a TG office in Dubai except a number at the airport, which is never answered.

I'd be grateful if someone has a suggestion how to apply for a refund.

Thank you
Old Feb 4, 2024, 10:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Flywiz
I am usually on the EK forum but have a situation with TG. I did try searching this forum, and I am sure the answer is buried somewhere but I couldn't find it. My apologies if this has been asked and answered before.

On 27 January 2024, I booked TG open jaw flights in Business Class DXB-BKK-AMD for travel in Feb/Mar 2024. This was an online booking.
Now our plans have changed and I want to cancel and refund the entire itinerary and cannot figure out how!

I couldn't find a way to make an online refund application. I tried calling the TG call centre in Thailand and was on hold for 25 minutes (international) before giving up. I found an email somewhere in google search ([email protected]) but my message bounced back. There does not seem to be a TG office in Dubai except a number at the airport, which is never answered.

I'd be grateful if someone has a suggestion how to apply for a refund.

Thank you
You cannot do this on-line AFAIK. You must call/contact TG and pay the associated cancellation fee/miles.

Call again - I have never waited more than 5 mins to be answered. Could also press 1 for Thai language (rather than 9 for English) - most agents speak excellent English.

i have also had success using FaceBook messenger.

Finally, the email you used is not current, try [email protected] per https://www.thaiairways.com/en_CA/co...ct_center.page

Last edited by Thai-Kiwi; Feb 4, 2024 at 10:50 am
Old Feb 4, 2024, 4:20 pm

Thank you - will try calling again…
Old Feb 4, 2024, 9:37 pm

Programs: Thai Airways
Try Business Class: 023561188
Thai-Kiwi likes this.
Old Feb 4, 2024, 10:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Since the ticket has been booked with ROP Miles, I suggest Flywiz calls during Thailand business hours 0900-1700 local, as Contact Call Centre staff will almost certainly need to transfer the call to ROP colleagues.
Old Feb 6, 2024, 10:45 am

Thank you everyone.
Maerim, thanks for the number - I was online with an agent within 3 minutes.

Process was smooth - refund was processed albeit with a final consent sought from me that I accept that refund will be issued after 180 days. I suppose that’s normal these days with TG?

Thai-Kiwi thanks for the suggestion - I’m not sure what ROP miles means but I paid with my credit card so didn’t use any miles

And so now the wait begins…
Old Feb 6, 2024, 12:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Flywiz
Thank you everyone.
Maerim, thanks for the number - I was online with an agent within 3 minutes.

Process was smooth - refund was processed albeit with a final consent sought from me that I accept that refund will be issued after 180 days. I suppose that’s normal these days with TG?

Thai-Kiwi thanks for the suggestion - I’m not sure what ROP miles means but I paid with my credit card so didn’t use any miles

And so now the wait begins…
For some reason I thought this was an award/mileage booking. ROP is THAI’s frequent flyer program (Royal Orchid Plus).

Thanks for your feedback on the process and outcome.
Old Apr 9, 2024, 3:27 am
kkl

Anyone having problems with receiving mileage refunds from covid tickets?

I have a partial used ticket which was put placed in the refund pool Oct23, 7 months later still have not received miles back - have called over 20x chasing this up with the ROP team.

Have even offered to rebook same trip on new dates - no avail.
Old Apr 9, 2024, 12:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by kkl
Anyone having problems with receiving mileage refunds from covid tickets?

I have a partial used ticket which was put placed in the refund pool Oct23, 7 months later still have not received miles back - have called over 20x chasing this up with the ROP team.

Have even offered to rebook same trip on new dates - no avail.
It is possible the Miles have expired despite the many previous extensions. I needed to use some recovered Miles by 31 Dec 2023.
Old Apr 10, 2024, 6:23 am
kkl

Originally Posted by Thai-Kiwi
It is possible the Miles have expired despite the many previous extensions. I needed to use some recovered Miles by 31 Dec 2023.
these previous Covid tickets had to be refunded by 31/3 according to their t/c?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.