Wiki Posts
Search

[Merged] Thai Airways Refund Questions

Search this Thread

Old Jan 13, 2021, 11:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TG*G, NZ*GE, QF G, Accor Gold
Originally Posted by maerim
FYI I applied for a refund for 2 No one way tickets in mid November 2020 and received the refund in full last week. (Tickets were not purchased in Thailand).
Was the refund processed through an agent? I ask as due to the bankruptcy, THAI is legally unable to provide refunds at this time (as far As I understand).
Old Jan 13, 2021, 3:32 pm

Programs: Thai Airways
Originally Posted by Thai-Kiwi
Was the refund processed through an agent? I ask as due to the bankruptcy, THAI is legally unable to provide refunds at this time (as far As I understand).
It was processed through Thai Airways Delhi Office. Tickets were purchased on line on TG website.
Old Mar 5, 2021, 1:26 am
Marriott 10+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Bonvoy LT Gold, IHG Gold, BAEC Silver, TP Silver
I just realized.... i was refunded THB 1330 for a domestic ticket one-way but then, I also received a travel voucher for that same amount.... not that it's a huge amount but has this happened to anyone?
Old Mar 14, 2021, 9:10 am

Programs: TK G
[QUOTE=enelym1978;33078615]I just realized.... i was refunded THB 1330 for a domestic ticket one-way but then, I also received a travel voucher for that same amount.... not that it's a huge amount but has this happened to anyone?[
Old Apr 10, 2021, 12:52 am

Programs: BRK-B
I cancelled my ticket in March 2020, refund approved in April 2020 before bankruptcy AND I DIDN'T EVEN GET ANY OF THAT NOW! Anyone in similar position?
Old Apr 10, 2021, 4:44 am
Suspended

Programs: UA Premier Gold
What happened to you is very normal and was very predictable? You should have applied for a credit card chargeback in April 2020 instead.

Last edited by warakorn; Apr 10, 2021 at 5:43 am
Old Jul 6, 2021, 2:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC Super Elite, Radisson Platinum, Accor Platinum
Has anyone who deals with TG regularly heard anything when refunds (for int'l tickets ex-Europe, in case it makes a difference) will be processed?
Old Jul 6, 2021, 2:53 am

Programs: Mucci Chevalier de la Brosse a Cheveux Dore, SK *GfL, BA Gold, WY G, HH DIA, IC Plat Amb., Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Jasper2009
Has anyone who deals with TG regularly heard anything when refunds (for int'l tickets ex-Europe, in case it makes a difference) will be processed?
I am not entirely sure, but my assumption would be that they are not able to pay any outstanding debt (incl. refunds) while under the bankruptcy restructuring.
Thai-Kiwi likes this.
Old Sep 13, 2021, 2:41 am

Does anyone know anything more about the plan?

The top of thai's website now says the following:
"THAI is pleased to advise that the Rehabilitation Plan has been approved for implementation. Refund payments are included in the Plan. We do not have a timeline of when individual refunds will be paid however"
Old Sep 13, 2021, 9:50 am

Programs: Mucci Chevalier de la Brosse a Cheveux Dore, SK *GfL, BA Gold, WY G, HH DIA, IC Plat Amb., Hertz PC
Originally Posted by henrus
We do not have a timeline of when individual refunds will be paid however"
I am afraid there in lies your clue …
Old Dec 9, 2021, 3:26 am
formerly JackDann

Ah - frustratingly just remembered I never got a refund for my domestic flights scheduled for May 2020. For some reason I never raised a dispute with Amex (It seems) and now i've left it too late.
Old May 31, 2022, 8:03 am

Programs: TK E+, RJ S, AZ E
I have a BKK-CMB TG ticket operated by WE in June. The flight was canceled.
Will I be able to get a refund?
Will I be able to get a voucher?

Flights BKK-CMB are resumed in July.
Will I be able to reschedule to a new date in July after the original flight date has passed?
Old Jun 13, 2022, 9:47 am

Programs: TK E+, RJ S, AZ E
In the end, I called TG call center. No more than 3 mins wait time. I asked the flights to be rebooked. At first the agent told me that there are no more flights on this route but as I told her that the service restarts in July, I was able to request a change for free. They couldn’t immediately ticketed the change and I got a new ticket a few hours later.
Thai-Kiwi likes this.
Old Aug 19, 2022, 2:31 pm

recent experience of thai airways. had flights booked from UK-BKK-Krabi in november. noticed last weekend one of the flight segments was cancelled. i have not received an email so lucky i checked. emailed the UK office and heard nothing. ended up ringing thailand and 3 calls later was told best option to cancel entire booking and get refund. as i was concerned with thai airways by this point is did that to be told the refund will take 90 days (wasn't expecting that) and took another 2 calls just to get an email to say the cancellation is in process and refund in progress. due to the cost of the tickets i am concerned in not having the money back quicker and this email is all i have (no amounts noted on it). then i found my phone company charged my £100 for the thailand calls

not the best experience and now have to wait months for the refund
Old Aug 20, 2022, 12:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON***,UA,BA.EK Gold,AV.
Originally Posted by woodentom
recent experience of thai airways. had flights booked from UK-BKK-Krabi in november. noticed last weekend one of the flight segments was cancelled. i have not received an email so lucky i checked. emailed the UK office and heard nothing. ended up ringing thailand and 3 calls later was told best option to cancel entire booking and get refund. as i was concerned with thai airways by this point is did that to be told the refund will take 90 days (wasn't expecting that) and took another 2 calls just to get an email to say the cancellation is in process and refund in progress. due to the cost of the tickets i am concerned in not having the money back quicker and this email is all i have (no amounts noted on it). then i found my phone company charged my £100 for the thailand calls

not the best experience and now have to wait months for the refund
You should always pay by credit card for flight tickets, if something goes wrong, just do a charge back. And calling International use SKYPE

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.