FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Thai Airways | Royal Orchid Plus (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/thai-airways-royal-orchid-plus-503/)
-   -   [Merged] Thai Airways Refund Questions (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/thai-airways-royal-orchid-plus/2013042-merged-thai-airways-refund-questions.html)

jcowle Mar 15, 2020 7:11 am

[Merged] Thai Airways Refund Questions

I cancelled a few flights some two weeks ago, still no refund to my cc as yet. I had to forfeit 6k baht per ticket which was ok. How long do THAI take to refund to your credit card. Has anyone had any experience.

thanks
John ;)

11277m Mar 16, 2020 10:21 am

I cancelled a THAI booking about three weeks ago and was told the refund would take "between 4 and 6 weeks"
Air China also claimed about the same time scale for their refunds.

Still waiting for both but I wouldn't be surprised if those times werer a bit optimistic, given the current situation.

jcowle Mar 17, 2020 6:07 am

Thanks for the info

:p John

nachosdelux Mar 17, 2020 10:35 am

FYI: here is the email to get a refund from Thai.

include your PNR, ticket #, full name, date of travel, and itinerary.

good luck!

[email protected]

chris63 Mar 17, 2020 12:41 pm

Originally Posted by 11277m (Post 32193498)
I cancelled a THAI booking about three weeks ago and was told the refund would take "between 4 and 6 weeks"
Air China also claimed about the same time scale for their refunds.

Still waiting for both but I wouldn't be surprised if those times werer a bit optimistic, given the current situation.

TG told me up to 45 days in an email, after that time & no refund I will simply do a charge back through my CC.

maerim Mar 17, 2020 6:11 pm

I received a refund yesterday within 7 working days by e mailing ROP; possibly helped that I am now back to Platinum status.

hmv Mar 18, 2020 5:30 am

Also got offered a refund on my non-refundable booking, BKK-HKT. Thai Airways flight was cancelled and rebooked on the same day and time, but Thai Smile.

However, I did receive the offer for the refund and accepted it.

joy16 Mar 19, 2020 3:15 am

I've got offered a refund on a non-refundable booking class (W) due to CGK-BKK leg was cancelled and rebooked me on 2 days later flight which I'm not convenience.
The TG's call center told me that they will refund to my credit card up to 45 days or 2 bill cycles.

gdavis Mar 19, 2020 6:09 am

My refund took 4 weeks to post. It was $18 less than I paid due to the conversion rate.

roadrunner83 Mar 19, 2020 8:03 am

Airline change grounds for full refund?

Hi folks,

I've got a few domestic TG flights coming up in the second week of April (BKK-HKT and HKT - BKK - CNX). Due to the current situation TG canceled those flights and they are now operated by WE. The flight times have remained the same.

Is that enough for a full refund, considering I booked TG for good reasons... After all, had I wanted to fly WE (or any other carrier for that matter) I would have booked that in the first place and saved some money
I can't seem to get a straight answer out of their T&Cs and the fare rules. Is anybody familiar with their internal policies?

Booking classes are V and W.

SK AAR Mar 19, 2020 9:53 am

Yeah, if you paid in THB it will be considerable less in most other currencies (except NOK :p) when you ask for refund now. THB has declined a lot over the last weeks

SK AAR Mar 19, 2020 9:56 am

It has been reported in this thread (post #7 ) that TG does provide refund in this situation.

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/thai...2-refunds.html

roadrunner83 Mar 19, 2020 10:22 am

Rats. I actually read that thread but didn't scroll down far enough. Let's just say an ad distracted me. Thanks for pointing me in the right direction.

11277m Mar 19, 2020 3:30 pm

Originally Posted by roadrunner83 (Post 32207086)
Rats. I actually read that thread but didn't scroll down far enough. Let's just say an ad distracted me. Thanks for pointing me in the right direction.

Try using uBlock Origin and/or Ghostery. I have both and one of them does an excellent job of blocking the ads.

shawneve Mar 19, 2020 11:01 pm

I just had a change to an itinerary and want to know if I will qualify for a full refund.
On the same booking I am going from HKT-BKK (Sept 5) and then BKK-CNX (Sept 7)
A couple of days ago I got a notice that my 1:10 flight BKK-CNX has been removed and I am now booked 5 hrs later on a 6:40 flight.
I am cancelling my trip to Thailand now anyway and assumed I would be forfeiting the value of these tickets (they were cheap) but now that 'significant' change has been made I want to know if that is grounds for a full refund?