Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Thai Airways | Royal Orchid Plus
Reload this Page >

Thai Airways (TG) [NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your Questions Here (Flame Free)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Thai Airways (TG) [NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your Questions Here (Flame Free)

Search this Thread

Old Aug 22, 2014, 7:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Some of this 'n some of that
Originally Posted by Bacopa
I have an upcoming TG flight from NRT-BKK//DPS. I'll need to overnight BKK (arriving late night).

Has anyone had success in the following:

1.) Getting access to the Royal First lounge as an arrival lounge

2.) Getting access to the Royal First lounge the following day

3.) If 2 applies, were you able to access the spa and get a complimentary 1 hr massage.
(I know this is YMMV with connecting F to C class flights).

Thank you
You have received responses in the other thread.
Old Aug 24, 2014, 6:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold
Hoping this is the right thread to get an answer...I've flown TG before, but never with an international-domestic connection, so I have a couple of questions about an upcoming India-KBV trip.

- On the outbound, I have a 2 hour layover in BKK. I understand that I clear both immigration and customs in KBV, and luggage should get checked through at the departure point (MAA). I assume I just follow the signs to the domestic connections for airports that do customs. After going through the procedure, do I end up in the regular domestic boarding area - or is it a special holding area for international passengers?

- If the latter, is there access to a TG lounge while waiting for the connection? Or at minimum, at least food/service outlets to buy something - early morning arrival, so something to eat would be great. If no to either, is it worth asking in MAA to have bags checked to BKK only, clear customs/pick up bags there, and re-check them for the onward leg? Will there be enough time to do that?

- On the return, I have a 4 hour layover in BKK (going back to BOM). IIRC, I can have bags checked through and clear exit immigration in KBV, and go directly to the international departure area on arrival in BKK. If i do this, will I have access to a lounge in KBV? If not, is it worth checking in for the domestic sector (WE-operated, anyway), where I can go to the Thai lounge, and then just check in for the international leg at BKK (layover is 4 hours, so should be plenty of time). Any disadvantage to doing this?
Old Aug 24, 2014, 6:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by emcampbe
Hoping this is the right thread to get an answer...I've flown TG before, but never with an international-domestic connection, so I have a couple of questions about an upcoming India-KBV trip.

- On the outbound, I have a 2 hour layover in BKK. I understand that I clear both immigration and customs in KBV, and luggage should get checked through at the departure point (MAA). I assume I just follow the signs to the domestic connections for airports that do customs. After going through the procedure, do I end up in the regular domestic boarding area - or is it a special holding area for international passengers?
This isn't correct. While you'll clear customs in KBV you'll go through the immi process in BKK. After gaining entry into the Kingdom and passing security you'll be in the domestic terminal and the TG lounge is in Concourse A. No showers, no booze/beer and minimal snack foods.

- If the latter, is there access to a TG lounge while waiting for the connection? Or at minimum, at least food/service outlets to buy something - early morning arrival, so something to eat would be great. If no to either, is it worth asking in MAA to have bags checked to BKK only, clear customs/pick up bags there, and re-check them for the onward leg? Will there be enough time to do that?
There's a food court near the A/B confluence which opens by 6AM.

- On the return, I have a 4 hour layover in BKK (going back to BOM). IIRC, I can have bags checked through and clear exit immigration in KBV, and go directly to the international departure area on arrival in BKK. If i do this, will I have access to a lounge in KBV? If not, is it worth checking in for the domestic sector (WE-operated, anyway), where I can go to the Thai lounge, and then just check in for the international leg at BKK (layover is 4 hours, so should be plenty of time). Any disadvantage to doing this?
I've never flown exKBV so i can't speak to that particular setup but CNX, HKT and HDY do have lounges accessible on the international side. The latter as a hybrid lounge that serves dom/int pax (it's an odd setup)...

There's no disadvantage to checking in for your Int segment in BKK save the potential for long immi lines depending upon the time of day. If you're in TG C then the BKK proceedings would be a breeze.
Old Aug 24, 2014, 7:06 am

Programs: TG ROP Platinum, M&M Senator, IHG Platinum, Accor Platinum
immigration will take place in BKK (used to be at final destination) and customs in Krabi; go in BKK to A/B/C/D intersection and you will find it easy
after security you are in the regular domestic area (departure and arrival on same level in opposite to international area)

there is a TG domestic lounge for C or *A Gold passengers
I would certainly check through the baggage

there is a TG lounge in Krabi, again only for C or *A Gold passenger, not sure whether both international or domestic passenger have access
pick up the luggage and check in again in BKK requires a long walk, no other disadvantages
Old Aug 25, 2014, 7:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold
Thanks for the pointers. Glad to hear that at least in BKK on the way out, I'll be in the regular domestic passenger area with access to lounge and other services.
Old Aug 25, 2014, 5:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Thanks for the pointers. Glad to hear that at least in BKK on the way out, I'll be in the regular domestic passenger area with access to lounge and other services.
On the way out you're better off being in the international areas not domestic.
Old Aug 28, 2014, 7:36 am

Programs: A3 Gold, LH FTL
I am looking at flights VTE-BKK-KTM with TG in C for a friend, but on the VTE-BKK leg there is only economy available.
Will she get into the lounge at VTE and be considered a C pax if the BKK-KTM leg is in C? (she has no status)
Old Aug 29, 2014, 5:16 pm

Programs: UA MM, AA PPro
I'm confused...which is why I'm posting a question here.

Our BKK-CMB flight has TG code (TG2901), but seems to be operated by a single-class A320...which is a Thai Smile a/c. I thought Thai Smile has its own code now. Is it "TG flight operated by WE" now?

ETA: Found the explanation: it's TG only for international flights, and TG/WE codeshare for domestic.

Last edited by legalalien; Aug 29, 2014 at 5:30 pm
Old Aug 30, 2014, 7:51 am

Programs: United 1K, Lufthansa Senator *,Marriott platinum
BKK airport international transit area lounges

Will arrive from manila late evening and connect to delhi next morning. The layover is 9 hours and do not intend to clear immigration.
Am flying business and need to know if there is a lounge in the international transit area with showers. Also which all Thai lounges can I use being a star alliance gold.
Old Aug 30, 2014, 10:18 am

Programs: UA 1k 1MM, VA G
On a flight next month from BKK to KTM
Parents (no status) are in C
Wife (*S) and I (*G) are in Y

1. How early should we aim to be at the airport for the flight? (90/120min?)
2. Will we have access to any lounges which serve an edible breakfast? (10am departure)
3. Will the parents have access to any lounges that are better then what I have access to?
Old Aug 30, 2014, 10:24 am

Originally Posted by LordTentacle
On a flight next month from BKK to KTM
Parents (no status) are in C
Wife (*S) and I (*G) are in Y

1. How early should we aim to be at the airport for the flight? (90/120min?)
2. Will we have access to any lounges which serve an edible breakfast? (10am departure)
3. Will the parents have access to any lounges that are better then what I have access to?
90 minutes should be sufficient. parents will have fast track; you and your wife not. TG C lounge has food but not really a breakfast
parents have access to TG C lounge in D, C or E; you and your wife only in C and E. but food/drinks are pretty much the same
Old Aug 30, 2014, 10:28 am

Originally Posted by RAMSWISS
Will arrive from manila late evening and connect to delhi next morning. The layover is 9 hours and do not intend to clear immigration.
Am flying business and need to know if there is a lounge in the international transit area with showers. Also which all Thai lounges can I use being a star alliance gold.
all TG lounges close from 0100 - 0500; Louis Tavern is open but you have to pay
TG lounges in C and E have showers
if you fly business in TG you have access to all TG C lounges
Old Aug 30, 2014, 7:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by BinSabai
all TG lounges close from 0100 - 0500; Louis Tavern is open but you have to pay
TG lounges in C and E have showers
if you fly business in TG you have access to all TG C lounges
Or have Priority Pass.
Old Aug 31, 2014, 4:55 am

Originally Posted by dsquared37
Or have Priority Pass.
I have also a Priority Pass member card but get charged when I use Louis Tavern lounge
Old Aug 31, 2014, 9:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by BinSabai
I have also a Priority Pass member card but get charged when I use Louis Tavern lounge
There are different membership levels. The one associated with Amex Plat gives free entry (unlimited) for the card holder and requires payment only for guests.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.