Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Thai Airways | Royal Orchid Plus
Reload this Page >

Thai Airways (TG) [NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your Questions Here (Flame Free)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Thai Airways (TG) [NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your Questions Here (Flame Free)

Search this Thread

Old Sep 5, 2014, 12:46 am

Programs: TG ROP Platinum, M&M Senator, IHG Platinum, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by JVPhoto
But the OP seems like they should be able to roll up to the airport and show a previously booked trip in F and get all the same services while actually flying in J.
It's not about having the right to get still all F treatment, but in trying to talk ground staff into getting something beyond normal J treatment
Old Sep 16, 2014, 4:50 am

Programs: DL Diamond, Marriott LT Plat, HH Diamond, Avis Preferred Plus, National Executive
EDIT...found out MCT is 75 minutes and posted other questions in different thread.

Last edited by apodo77; Sep 16, 2014 at 6:53 pm
Old Sep 22, 2014, 5:39 am

Programs: TK Elite
I am arriving from CDG on TG931 at 6:30 AM. I would like to enjoy the spa massage and lounge before our next flight but I can't decide which connection to choose (business class CDG-SIN via BKK is the plan). Is it too early if I catch a 9 AM flight or should I plan big and stay in BKK til the 12 PM flight?
Old Sep 22, 2014, 7:25 am

Originally Posted by Wilko Pali Sedef
I am arriving from CDG on TG931 at 6:30 AM. I would like to enjoy the spa massage and lounge before our next flight but I can't decide which connection to choose (business class CDG-SIN via BKK is the plan). Is it too early if I catch a 9 AM flight or should I plan big and stay in BKK til the 12 PM flight?
depends what plane is used on those two flights. They use different equipment on BKK SIN, frequently 777-300ER with flat seats and other planes with angle flat. It also changes seasonally...
Old Sep 22, 2014, 8:46 am

Originally Posted by BinSabai
depends what plane is used on those two flights. They use different equipment on BKK SIN, frequently 777-300ER with flat seats and other planes with angle flat. It also changes seasonally...
Thanks, I think I didn't write my question correctly I don't really care what type of plane I fly to SIN, it's only a 2 hour flight, what I wanted to know is if a 2.5 hour layover in BKK is enough to enjoy the spa and free massage and lounge of I should extend the length of our layover?
Old Sep 22, 2014, 9:24 am

Originally Posted by Wilko Pali Sedef
Thanks, I think I didn't write my question correctly I don't really care what type of plane I fly to SIN, it's only a 2 hour flight, what I wanted to know is if a 2.5 hour layover in BKK is enough to enjoy the spa and free massage and lounge of I should extend the length of our layover?
2.5 hour is enough. you will get a 1/2 hour massage (neck and shoulder or foot), maybe a shower (D lounge does not have shower, but C and E have), grab some food and a newspaper/magazine
J lounge is nothing special to extend the stay
Old Sep 22, 2014, 9:26 am

2.5 hour is enough. you will get a 1/2 hour massage (neck and shoulder or foot), maybe a shower (D lounge does not have shower, but C and E have), grab some food and a newspaper/magazine
J lounge is nothing special to extend the stay
Exactly the answer I needed, many many thanks, hopefully the wait won't be too long for the massage :-)
Old Sep 22, 2014, 4:46 pm

Programs: AC E50K (*Gold), DL, CZ
If booking a seat in Business, but the plane offers First Class (e.g., 747-400s), when can one select a seat in F? I recall reading somewhere that one would be allowed to sit there, but would receive J level service.

Or is it reserved for TG Royal Orchid Plus members only?

Thanks!
Old Sep 22, 2014, 6:50 pm

Originally Posted by yqtyyz
If booking a seat in Business, but the plane offers First Class (e.g., 747-400s), when can one select a seat in F? I recall reading somewhere that one would be allowed to sit there, but would receive J level service.

Thanks!
It depends on your star alliance and/or Royal Orchid Status and if you do not have or are not high enough, how nice you ask and early you check in

however on international routes where they do not sell F tickets (for example BKK SIN), I have seen cases where the entire F area was empty (probably for more convenient and lazier service...) and one time only another guy and myself allocated there but nearly forgotten during service
on domestic routes they pretty fill up F section. A lot of TIP's usually...
Old Sep 22, 2014, 7:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Some of this 'n some of that

Thanks!
BinSabai gives a thorough response so all I'd add is, if you really want to sit in the front, get to check in a little early and inquire. This tends to work well for domestic segments. For international regional flights it's just as likely the cabin will remain empty.
Old Sep 22, 2014, 8:14 pm

Thank you, BinSabai and dsquared37 for the insight!

In terms of status, I do have Star Gold and I'll definitely check in early for the HKG-BKK sector so that I may inquire about F.

On the return, I'll try the upper deck as I've never been on a UD except on TG's A380.

It depends on your star alliance and/or Royal Orchid Status and if you do not have or are not high enough, how nice you ask and early you check in

however on international routes where they do not sell F tickets (for example BKK SIN), I have seen cases where the entire F area was empty (probably for more convenient and lazier service...) and one time only another guy and myself allocated there but nearly forgotten during service
on domestic routes they pretty fill up F section. A lot of TIP's usually...
Originally Posted by dsquared37
BinSabai gives a thorough response so all I'd add is, if you really want to sit in the front, get to check in a little early and inquire. This tends to work well for domestic segments. For international regional flights it's just as likely the cabin will remain empty.
Old Sep 22, 2014, 9:50 pm

sorry to tell you that on the HKG BKK sector, TG sells F tickets! Together with all the awards, F seems to get quite a good occupancy
I fly this sector every 2-3 months with a J ticket usually in the evening flight on the 747 and even as a Platinum member I did not get a free upgrade to F for quite a long time! A couple of years back you could get a free upgrade more often
Old Sep 22, 2014, 10:00 pm
Moderator: Budget Travel forum & Credit Card Programs, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA lifetime MM / *A Gold
On the return, I'll try the upper deck as I've never been on a UD except on TG's A380.
I'm sure others will disagree, but 380 UD is not as cosy as a 747 UD.

I enjoyed it from NRT to BKK, but 747 with its smaller compartment feels a little more special
Old Sep 23, 2014, 5:21 am

The A380's UD felt very roomy, indeed. Seeing as how I've always dreamt of flying in the 747's UD even as a young 'un, that's what I shall aim for this time. F can wait for a longer segment.

I'm not sure how I concluded that F wasn't sold on the HKG-BKK route. Probably whenever I've done a dummy booking, it just shows as business flex fare and that's where I stopped in the process. Had I gone to the next page, I'm guessing the F option would have appeared.

Originally Posted by EmailKid
I'm sure others will disagree, but 380 UD is not as cosy as a 747 UD.

I enjoyed it from NRT to BKK, but 747 with its smaller compartment feels a little more special
Old Sep 25, 2014, 5:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amethyst Premier Plutonium Medallion
later this year i am flying one way BKK-BLR on Thai, and i have the opportunity to confirm a *A upgrade award for the flight since i am booked in full Y.

is this flight worth an outlay of 25K UA miles (~$500 USD value) for the upgrade to royal silk??

the flight is operated w/ A330.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.